• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

Why do you actually enjoy gaming?

jitendra0341

Reaction score
Sometimes it's just a remedy for relieving stress from the busy school life, and also be able to become competitive in a different environment.
Exactly, it is made for relieving our stress from our daily chores as well as giving us a platform to compete with others. It gives excitement and fun.

mcbryan

Reaction score
I don't just enjoy gaming i really love it. Every time i am down or depressed it makes my feelings okay and give me peace of mind. In addition, every time i am gaming i don't feel the pressure, problems and boredom in my life. I enjoy gaming primarily because it makes my complex life simple and fun. Its like a best friend who comfort you and makes you inspired. It also kills my bad habit like cigarette or alcohol. So for me gaming is the most enjoyable things I'm doing everyday.

OursIsTheFury

Reaction score
It never happened with me either I play with my friends at their homes or online. Obviously, there will be some competition amongst us but only in the game. I even know a lot of gamers who are very competitive and also annoying but honestly that is the part of the gaming world.
Yeah, there's always that one person who takes it too seriously. It can't be helped. The only alternative is to just play single player games, where you can play at your own pace without having to deal with a toxic community. That's where I am at the moment. Easier to do a couple of hours a day on a game then forget about it while you do real world stuff. With online games, it's much harder to do that since the thrill of competition with other people would be too much to limit yourself to just a few hours.

PenguinManiac

Reaction score
Yeah, there's always that one person who takes it too seriously. It can't be helped. The only alternative is to just play single player games, where you can play at your own pace without having to deal with a toxic community. That's where I am at the moment. Easier to do a couple of hours a day on a game then forget about it while you do real world stuff. With online games, it's much harder to do that since the thrill of competition with other people would be too much to limit yourself to just a few hours.
I can back it up. Competitive games can bring out one's scary side, and I've seen it happen quite a few times. That's most likely due to the pressure to maintain standards (and your rank, course), so you can't take a break without being surpassed by others, nor can you let yourself relax and take it easy. Sure, you can play unranked matches, but the thrill of competition will always lead you back, eventually, and it's easy to let rage get the best of you under these circumstances.

streettallest

Reaction score
I play games for the fun of it. Its for me a way of engaging my mind positively.When i want to keep my mind from settling on negative things i resorts to video games
It also shows me the kind of person am playing with...whether he/she is logical,smart or intelligent depends on how good he/she plays in a game.

OursIsTheFury

Reaction score
I can back it up. Competitive games can bring out one's scary side, and I've seen it happen quite a few times. That's most likely due to the pressure to maintain standards (and your rank, course), so you can't take a break without being surpassed by others, nor can you let yourself relax and take it easy. Sure, you can play unranked matches, but the thrill of competition will always lead you back, eventually, and it's easy to let rage get the best of you under these circumstances.
lmao also it's because most online games require teamwork, and there are control freaks out there that want everything their way. Everyone has a role to play but there's always that one player who would blame everyone else for him screwing up. Everyone has bad games, can't really help that. But for people to actually flame people, and worse, track people down in the real world just because of an online game is beyond me. Some people really need a life.

WarVet

Reaction score
I enjoy gaming cause it teaches me a lot about what I didn't know before playing. I learned a lot about cars just by playing a lot of car games.

Yeah man! I play for many reasons but that is definitely a great reason to play. I learned about 80% of my English vocabulary playing videogames. I also learned a lot about firearms models and how they work.

WarVet

Reaction score
lmao also it's because most online games require teamwork, and there are control freaks out there that want everything their way. Everyone has a role to play but there's always that one player who would blame everyone else for him screwing up. Everyone has bad games, can't really help that. But for people to actually flame people, and worse, track people down in the real world just because of an online game is beyond me. Some people really need a life.

Indeed. It seems bad people can ruin everything, doesn't it? From a job to an online game there will always be people who we can't take seriously. The important thig is to know the importance of real life and the line between playing for fun and living your life online.

OursIsTheFury

Reaction score
Indeed. It seems bad people can ruin everything, doesn't it? From a job to an online game there will always be people who we can't take seriously. The important thig is to know the importance of real life and the line between playing for fun and living your life online.
Kinda why I haven't played Dota 2 in a few months. I've clocked at least 500 hours there on one account but I don't miss it. Playing single player games is a lot more fun when you can play at your own pace and you don't have to deal with assholes flaming people, constantly playing music and blaring it loudly on their mics, and people leaving for no reason in a ranked match. It's a lot less stress this way, and I actually enjoy the story and not just repeat the same 1 hour game over and over.

WarVet

Reaction score
Kinda why I haven't played Dota 2 in a few months. I've clocked at least 500 hours there on one account but I don't miss it. Playing single player games is a lot more fun when you can play at your own pace and you don't have to deal with assholes flaming people, constantly playing music and blaring it loudly on their mics, and people leaving for no reason in a ranked match. It's a lot less stress this way, and I actually enjoy the story and not just repeat the same 1 hour game over and over.

I supposed you've never played CS: withGO on Brazilian forums then? People actually put videos from Youtube in the mics. I had a couple friends who were addicted to it. Always spending money on skins and such. Damn waste if you ask me. I agree with you if you're going to spend money on a game it might as well a single player one.

OursIsTheFury

Reaction score
I supposed you've never played CS: withGO on Brazilian forums then? People actually put videos from Youtube in the mics. I had a couple friends who were addicted to it. Always spending money on skins and such. Damn waste if you ask me. I agree with you if you're going to spend money on a game it might as well a single player one.
Yup, people love their custom guns. Doesn't matter if you're good at your game or not; it's just the skins and gloves that matter. And that's weird since the most people can get skins is from random drops, and for the good ones you gotta buy them at the market. Not really competitive or requiring skill when you can just click on the thing you want and purchase it with Steam credit.

WarVet

Reaction score
Yup, people love their custom guns. Doesn't matter if you're good at your game or not; it's just the skins and gloves that matter. And that's weird since the most people can get skins is from random drops, and for the good ones you gotta buy them at the market. Not really competitive or requiring skill when you can just click on the thing you want and purchase it with Steam credit.

The drops are mostly a way to keep players engaged. They don't get the good guns but if you play long enough you might get enough bad guns to trade for a mildly decent skin. This friend of mine bragged about how he always made "money" on CS: not Go betting sites. Fake money that you could not transfer to your real account.

OursIsTheFury

Reaction score
The drops are mostly a way to keep players engaged. They don't get the good guns but if you play long enough you might get enough bad guns to trade for a mildly decent skin. This friend of mine bragged about how he always made "money" on CS: not Go betting sites. Fake money that you could not transfer to your real account.
I've heard of gambling sites but never tried to go there. And the random drops are few and far between. I had about 10 drops in 500 hours of playing Dota 2 lol. And you can't sell them even (for Dota 2 at least). They're just for you. You can't trade them, can't make a profit out of them. Basically you're playing hours and hours of it just for drops, then you can only use them and you won't be able to do anything with it once you get it since you might have a better skin already. Nope.

jitendra0341

Reaction score
I don't just enjoy gaming i really love it. Every time i am down or depressed it makes my feelings okay and give me peace of mind. In addition, every time i am gaming i don't feel the pressure, problems and boredom in my life. I enjoy gaming primarily because it makes my complex life simple and fun. Its like a best friend who comfort you and makes you inspired. It also kills my bad habit like cigarette or alcohol. So for me gaming is the most enjoyable things I'm doing everyday.
I love games a lot too. It helps me to bust off my tension when I am feeling lonely, it entertains me like a buddy. I enjoy being in the game , playing involved in role playing. It is much of tension-reliever to me. And yes It also keep my bad habits like smoking and drinking out of me that makes me serious guy.

PenguinManiac

Reaction score
Exactly. I mean, in single player games you have no one to blame but yourself, so it's easy to realize how idiotic we would sound by getting pissed at ourselves for screwing something up. That's not the case with online games. I do understand that staying level-headed during heated matches it's hard, but taking it all out on your companions will just make things worse.
I haven't heard of any IRL tracking episodes, though, that sounds extreme beyond words. This is not what gaming should be about.

OursIsTheFury

Reaction score
Exactly. I mean, in single player games you have no one to blame but yourself, so it's easy to realize how idiotic we would sound by getting pissed at ourselves for screwing something up. That's not the case with online games. I do understand that staying level-headed during heated matches it's hard, but taking it all out on your companions will just make things worse.
I haven't heard of any IRL tracking episodes, though, that sounds extreme beyond words. This is not what gaming should be about.
Also, online games like that have MMRs and ranking systems, and your rise or fall can't completely depend on your skill. It's a team game so naturally your teammates affect your rank just as much as your skill. That's why you see people ordering people around; getting mad at the slightest mistakes of their teammates. Some people really cling on to their MMRs like it defines them since, well, maybe that's the only thing in their lives at the moment that they can be proud of.

PenguinManiac

Reaction score
Also, online games like that have MMRs and ranking systems, and your rise or fall can't completely depend on your skill. It's a team game so naturally your teammates affect your rank just as much as your skill. That's why you see people ordering people around; getting mad at the slightest mistakes of their teammates. Some people really cling on to their MMRs like it defines them since, well, maybe that's the only thing in their lives at the moment that they can be proud of.
There's that, too. That's probably the same reason why people argue with each other over the role they're going for. It's almost like they're thinking they can drag the team alone, and if they're not doing something right...oh, no, right, that never happens.
And yeah, as sad as it may sound, for some people it is true. What is worse is that they won't take any criticism for it. That's another reason why I progressively steered away from online games.

OursIsTheFury

Reaction score
There's that, too. That's probably the same reason why people argue with each other over the role they're going for. It's almost like they're thinking they can drag the team alone, and if they're not doing something right...oh, no, right, that never happens.
And yeah, as sad as it may sound, for some people it is true. What is worse is that they won't take any criticism for it. That's another reason why I progressively steered away from online games.
Which is weird since if you were nicer to your teammates, they'd play better. Flaming others will make them work less, and for you to be more frustrated. If you take the lead, warn your team about the enemy movements, buying items that the team needs, then you not only have a higher chance of winning, you'd get a recommendation as well. Some players really need to learn that, and not just rage quit a really important game just because things aren't going their way.

Deathisue

Reaction score
For the secrets that I can find, for the mysteries that I can solve, for the experiences that can be experienced and for the stories that can still be counted, the most of the time i play games RPG games that's why I said those rare things behind.

PenguinManiac

Reaction score
Which is weird since if you were nicer to your teammates, they'd play better. Flaming others will make them work less, and for you to be more frustrated. If you take the lead, warn your team about the enemy movements, buying items that the team needs, then you not only have a higher chance of winning, you'd get a recommendation as well. Some players really need to learn that, and not just rage quit a really important game just because things aren't going their way.
Maybe I'm blowing things out of proportion, but I believe that to be also due to the kind of audience the promotion and advertising of said games caters to. I'm not just talking about competitive people, but young ones at that. A lot of them don't want to collaborate, they want to do their own best, even at their teammates' expense.
Obviously this isn't the only reason to this phenomenon, as there are plenty of grown-ups misbehaving in a similar fashion, but that can be counted as one more possibility. It's undeniable that younger gamers tend to be more hot-headed than others.