• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

Who's your favorite in-game voice actor?

gamergal

Reaction score
Yes, now for the voice actors, fellas. It could be male or female or both.

And what characters do you like which they have played in games?

For me, it will be Nolan North of Uncharted fame. And Kristen Bell of Assassin's Creed. They are my favorite vocie actors. There are many actually, but I can't mention them all here.

Denis_P

Reaction score
If anyone has read even a few of my posts, you're already going to know my answer to this. Being that I'm a big fan of the Metal Gear Solid series, the voice acting done by David Hayter as Solid Snake has always been my favorite. He had this signature, gritty and gravelly voice which defined the character. It was such a disappointment to have to play the last game in the series with David being replaced by Kiefer Sutherland.

Though I heard him and Hideo Kojima had some differences that couldn't be worked out. Crazy.

lindbergh

Reaction score
David Hayter! I loved his work in the Metal Gear Solid series. His voice is gruff and well modulated. And he knows how to deliver his lines well. Also, his voice acting is one of the reasons why MGS achieved a pretty high rating.

The codec conversations would have been a pain to go through if not for his voice and of course, the excellent work of his supporting cast. Imagine having to listen to all that mumbo jumbo if the voice actors were so cringey. I still question the decision of Hideo Kojima to replace him as the main voice actor for snake. Anybody know the reason?

Gladdy

Reaction score
We have similar taste because my favorite is also Nolan North. I haven't played the Uncharted series myself but I have seen many streams of the games and he's is excellent! I know him from the Assassin's Creed series where he voices Desmond and of course, The Last of Us as the voice of David. If you just do a small search about Nolan you will see with how many different games he was involved in... it's absolutely crazy how ''flexible'' his voice is. He can voice anything he wants and half of the time you won't even realize it's him.

I've always felt that voice acting is extremely important for the whole storyline of the game and any game that Nolan North voiced, was very successful.

OursIsTheFury

Reaction score
The one who did the voice of Geralt in the Witcher franchise was fantastic. It was a unique voice that really made you feel like a badass while adventuring through the lands. Voice acting in Skyrim wasn't that noteworthy, but I did love the voice of Serana since the actress who played her also played Lust in Fullmetal Alchemist. That's pretty much it for my list; most dialogue in games are cut up so a character can be so excited one moment, then completely flat the next.

TsuyoyRival

Reaction score
I really enjoyed Ray Liotta doing Tommy Vercetti's voice, in GTA Vice City. He caught each characteristic in a flawless performance. The game per se is amazing, but the main character is just superb. One of my favorite voice-over and games I played.

RosieDaven

Reaction score
Courtnee Draper is one of my faves, I especially loved her Elizabeth in Bioshock Infinite. What hooked me on her was the singing, it was so beautiful. Though unfortunatelly, she didn't do any other game (or I don't know of them).
From men, I also like Nolan the most, he's very talented, not to mention how calming his voice is. Except for the shouting.