• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

When did you start playing Minecraft?

insertkittyface

Reaction score
I started playing a year or two ago, and it seems like a lot has changed, but I've heard stories from other people and how they've been playing since Beta or even Alpha, and it just seems absolutely crazy. So with that being said, if you started playing long ago, what changes have happened and which ones did you like or dislike?

Avex

Founding Member
Reaction score
I started playing on the alpha and it has changed a substantial amount since then. I wouldn't say I liked or disliked any of the changes, I really just went along with them. I don't play minecraft that often anymore, although I certainly will once we open up our server.

Jordan

Founder
Senior Admin
Reaction score
I have only ever played once lmao xD I played on @tripz account :p
I am probably going to purchase it once we have our MC server up to play with our users.

Scarsz

Reaction score
September 14th, 2011

I came only for the TNT cannons and wolves.

Chense

Reaction score
I remember the exact day that i started to play Minecraft.
I was on my xbox talking to fellow Yogscast fans when they made me buy an account.
I hopped straight on their 1.2.5 server and tried to kill them all :)

LoganFreeman

Reaction score
I came in at beta 0.8. Its changed since a lot since then. I used to only play single player, but now i find myself more playing with friends in multiplayer. It's still a lot of fun if you play with the right people.

jda

Reaction score
I started in 1.4.7, which I believe was in 2013, seems so long ago now. I remember going to my friends house and he was like "You don't have Minecraft?? I'm buying it for you!" and he went and sent me a gift code while I sat there not really understanding what was going on haha :p:D Needless to say, I'm completely hooked now :)

Beverly

Reaction score
At least two years ago, maybe three. I'm pretty sure we bought the beta version, though it's updated many times since then. My daughter is more of an avid Minecraft player and doesn't like it when I modify things in her world. :/

Luke Martin

Reaction score
I started playing minecraft at BETA 1.7.9. My friend let me use his account to download it. After about a month, I finally bought my own account so I could play multiplayer. Ever since then I've been playing it off and on.

cyberpinoy

Reaction score
I have never played this game. I just do not see the value in purchasing it. I am gaining interest in it tho. I keep hearing there are ways you can actually mine bitcoins. if this is true it may (MAY) be just what i need to make the purchase. Are there any portals that can be used to try the game for free just to see if I will even like it?

Dana

Reaction score
I actually have not started playing MineCraft yet, but I'm looking into giving it a shot. I'm looking for a new game to start playing and this might be it. Any tips for a newb such as myself?

BluBird

Reaction score
Some time in Alpha, before it got really popular. I have no idea if I played before or after the Halloween update (I don't know anything about that). I only played for like an hour or two though, it was pretty boring to me back then.

I remember the game was super cheap.

Brady2121

Reaction score
I started playing around 3 years ago, and have recently given it up. I have a lot of time and memories invested in this game. :D

primaLucid

Reaction score
I started playing in 2012. I mostly played on multiplayer servers, since single player bored me a bit. However, the additional mods and mod packs people conjure up certainly spice up the overall experience of single player. Overall, I've spent a lot of time in Minecraft, and it's definitely one of my classic games.

sapett

Reaction score
I started playing Minecraft in its early Alpha stages. It was being sold for less than half the price it is going for now. I loved it then, and continue to love it now. I play it every now and then for fun.

Martin

Reaction score
A long time ago, don't remember how long it was but it was a good few years ago back before there was a hunger element.

iNinetails

Reaction score
I've been playing Minecraft since the very first release, the Minecraft Official Offline Client Release, I've taken breaks every now and then only because I had no one to play with. Now that I've gotten into games such as Toribash on Steam. I honestly got Minecraft because my friend is a guy to find new games and buy them for the heck of it. So he told me about it and well it all went good from there!

iNinetails

Reaction score
@Dana if you haven't seen a YouTube video on MC you should go check out this page: http://minecraft.gamepedia.com/Tutorials/Beginner's_guide it has everything you'll ever need to know about Minecraft and it'll be just what you need to get on your feet, and out of creative mode! If you have anymore questions feel free to PM me. That goes for anyone else who has any questions about MC or Toribash (I may not be the best source for Toribash but I can definitely get you started and looking like a pro in the beginner servers)!

artkat96

Reaction score
I don't remember what version it was, but it was really early when I started playing. I think it was 2012. My brother introduced me. It's gotten crazily advanced since then.