• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

When did you last upgrade your PC hardware?

Yukibana

Reaction score
(Well, this applies primarily to only people who self-built their PCs...)

I last upgraded my computer a few years ago, with a i3-4160 and a GTX 750 Ti since my needs aren't too demanding. Ever since, I haven't found a compelling reason to upgrade, especially with finances. I realize that games increase in processing power needed as hardware advances, so I think an upgrade is in order quite soon for me at least.

iTommy

Reaction score
Normally I upgrade my PC from 4 to 6 years
I used to change the case and monitor, mean I will change to a new PC.

Jonathan Solomon

Reaction score
Well, normally I only upgrade my PC hardware when it shows signs of system malfunctioning, is outdated for today's market or doesn't meet my level of efficiency. Personally, I'm one of those people where once I have the settings adjusted to my liking, I keep it that way. The same principle applies to upgrading my PC hardware. To answer your question, for the PC itself, I may upgrade every 4-6 years (depending on its lifespan). The parts within the PC? Maybe every 1-2 years...

kenoobie

Reaction score
I havent upgrade my system for about 2 years now. Last I did, I upgraded my monitor to a 21" one. Right now, I just dont have the cash but if I did I would be upgrading my HDD to a SSD but thats more like a want and not really needed.

jitendra0341

Reaction score
I upgraded my pc from core to duo to i3 processor and I also changed motherboard to G41. It was 8 months ago when I did it. Now all my games are performing better tan before. And I am happy with it.

Inqogn1to

Reaction score
I have not upgraded anything for about eight months or so. I am currently in the process of upgrading though. Getting a new ssd, and Cpu. Maybe just maybe I will purchase a new monitor as well, well see.

fishmonk

Reaction score
I bought my desktop around 3 years ago. I am not looking to upgrade at the moment as I am saving money for other purposes.
However,I might purchase a new graphics card and CPU if there's any upcoming sales offer for parts which interest me.

Soulwatcher

Reaction score
Last year i bought a brand new gaming PC. It was a Dell XPS I5 6400, 16gb of ram, GTX 960 4GB , 1TB hard drive (OS) 4TB hard drive (Games). But I dropped out of the PC race and I have since sold it and now I just have a regular email machine.

jitendra0341

Reaction score
I upgraded my pc from core to duo to i3 processor and I also changed motherboard to G41. It was 8 months ago when I did it. Now all my games are performing better tan before. And I am happy with it.
I have not upgraded anything for about eight months or so. I am currently in the process of upgrading though. Getting a new ssd, and Cpu. Maybe just maybe I will purchase a new monitor as well, well see.
Not all the time we require up-gradation of our PC. We buy best PC at the time of our purchase. It goes smooth for a long time and we don't require to change anything. Some games demands high level of Graphics card to be used, others has different needs.Currently my PC is working as per my desired intention for playing games.

ZXD22

Reaction score
I just upgraded from my old gaming rig 2 months ago. My other PC has been collecting dust since 2008 and even with a 750 ti gpu, it's been aging pretty quickly.

fishmonk

Reaction score
Not all the time we require up-gradation of our PC. We buy best PC at the time of our purchase. It goes smooth for a long time and we don't require to change anything. Some games demands high level of Graphics card to be used, others has different needs.Currently my PC is working as per my desired intention for playing games.

I agree with you. I have seen some people overpay for high-specs PC only to spend their time on MMORPGs or MOBAs which only require low to mid-range PC to function well. It is essential for the person to understand his/her needs. However, some people do have the disposable income to spend lavishly on their PCs. It’s more of a want than a need.

Inqogn1to

Reaction score
Hi jitendra, I concur, I'm only upgrading to be able to keep up with a couple of new games that I am going to by. Ssd for faster loading speeds, and Cpu because I am going to need it to run the games I'm going to get atleast on medium settings.

jitendra0341

Reaction score
Hello Inqogn1to, thanks. I myself has changed some hardware specification for better results. It is like making new kind of PC yourself. I had changed RAM, processor to higher version, Motherboard to be compatible with the processor. This is all done for the sake of better gaming experience.

Gladdy

Reaction score
Well, I have bought my current computer around 2 years ago and I haven't upgraded anything just yet. I don't feel like it's needed right now. I'd only perhaps upgrade my graphics card but then I'd also have to get a better power supply unit since my current one is crap... so it would end up getting a bit too expensive. I will keep on the current hardware and when I feel like I can't play the games that I enjoy, I will upgrade :)

Inqogn1to

Reaction score
Hello Inqogn1to, thanks. I myself has changed some hardware specification for better results. It is like making new kind of PC yourself. I had changed RAM, processor to higher version, Motherboard to be compatible with the processor. This is all done for the sake of better gaming experience.
Alright, sounds good man :).

Zyni

Reaction score
I don't upgrade very often. It gets too expensive trying to keep up with the Jones's for two systems (my husband and I each have our own). He is a bit more particular about his, but I'm happy as long as mine does what I need it to do. I don't need anything fancy. He would have all the bells and whistles if he could.

I could do with a couple of upgrades now, since it's been a while, but I'm still up and running. I could definitely do with more RAM.

peachpurple

Reaction score
My hubby assemble his own pc desktop . He doesn't upgrade it often, maybe a couple of years to enhance the speed and space such as ram and hard disk. He doesn't play games because he used it for Business purposes.

TheArticulate

Reaction score
I last upgraded the hard drives in my PC about 6 months ago. When I built it originally, my SSD was only about 40GB, and it just wasn't feasible for me to have such a small SSD, especially since my system files and OS were installed on it. So I made the switch to a 500GB SSD, which has made things so much easier now that my drive doesn't get full so fast. I have a 2TB drive where I put my games, pictures, videos and all that jazz, and reserve my SSD for essential programs and things I want to run really snappy-like.

WarVet

Reaction score
It was a graphic card update. But this was some good years ago. In these past years, the update helped run the most recent games with a few exceptions of course. Nowadays I just don't have the money to spend on so I've been playing either older or simpler games.

iTommy

Reaction score
I bought my desktop around 3 years ago. I am not looking to upgrade at the moment as I am saving money for other purposes.
However,I might purchase a new graphics card and CPU if there's any upcoming sales offer for parts which interest me.
I am just curious how much you will invest into a new PC?
Can you share some details?
It will be used for games or graphics or normal use?