• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

What's your favorite Smash Bros game?

Zalaria

Reaction score
For those who haven't played this gem of a game, go play it. PLAY IT NOW. You won't regret it.

I instantly became a fan of the Smash series after playing the first game for the N64 with my two sisters. We would sit on the couch for hours on end beating the pixels out of each other xD Good times... And then came Melee (which still remains my favorite) and oh boy. I found a new best character and everything (though its too bad he isn't in Brawl or Smash 4 I think) Speaking of Smash 4, I wish I had a 3DS so I could play it.

So what is your favorite game from Smash? Feel free to add your comments!

mominade

Reaction score
My favorite has been Brawl for a while now. I absolutely love the story mode in the game and its graphics are flawless. Indeed, the story mode function also presents a challenge to many game players out there. Also, it's an extremely fun game to play with other people in just standard multiplayer brawl mode and tourneys even present a good time.

niightwind

Reaction score
The latest one, Super Smash Bros for 3DS and Wii U, definitely! I have it on 3DS and I find it so fun. I also loved the new characters they added in for it. I use Greninja, & Lucina and Robin a lot. The Smash Run mode is my favorite part of it. I've never played local or online multiplayer with the game but I'd love to give that feature of the game a try someday too. I just don't have anyone to play it with right now.

I haven't played the original or Melee, but I have played Brawl. I did like Brawl a lot, but just not nearly as much as the new one. Still a great game though, and from what I can tell it seems to be the most loved game in the SSB series.

Kaitara

Reaction score
While I love Brawl's story mode, Melee will always be my favorite Smash game. It has a near and dear place in my heart. Its competitive community, while small compared to other fighting games currently, has shown just how tenacious and awesome they are by securing a place at EVO the past few years for a game that has been out for 13. For a 13 year old game to still have enough followers to have an active community and still be constantly evolving its metagame is a testament to how fantastic the game is. I haven't tried the newest iteration of Smash (after not being blown away by Brawl, I didn't much feel the need to). I don't think any new version of Smash will blow me away unless it somehow captures the same spirit and evolving gameplay as Melee managed.

ScorpionWaterfall

Reaction score
I haven't played any of the newer ones. Just the early Nintendo Super Smash Bros. I loved it. I am going to look to see what platforms they have it on. I want to get them for the platforms that I have.

Rosenii

Reaction score
It isn't neccesarily the best, but my favourite is Super Smash Bros. Gameplay was smple, there were a number of worlds, and extra mini-games. Plus I loved the origninal concept of Nintendo characters in one game. I remember as a kid, it was always great unlocking something I didn't know existed too.

Kamarsun1

Reaction score
For those who haven't played this gem of a game, go play it. PLAY IT NOW. You won't regret it.

I instantly became a fan of the Smash series after playing the first game for the N64 with my two sisters. We would sit on the couch for hours on end beating the pixels out of each other xD Good times... And then came Melee (which still remains my favorite) and oh boy. I found a new best character and everything (though its too bad he isn't in Brawl or Smash 4 I think) Speaking of Smash 4, I wish I had a 3DS so I could play it.

So what is your favorite game from Smash? Feel free to add your comments!
I enjoyed the very first one on the 64, but overall the one on the wii was my favorite. I haven't played the new one on the 3DS, so I can't compare that one, but smash bros for the wii was the main reason why I got the wii, I wish they had a PC version of this game.

Deen

Reaction score
Smash 4 or Melee take the cake for my favorites. Smash 4 for obvious reasons, but Melee is just so fun to watch.

Brawl is just ugh though. Subspace was alright, but it felt so slowwwww. Not to mention, everything was too gritty for my tastes, if that's the way one would put it.

Chinatown88

Reaction score
Melee. It was fast paced and I played it a lot. When I got Brawl it was way too slow and clunky. Smash 4 is fun but I need to play it a lot more to be better at it.

Javo1096

Reaction score
Smash for Wii U has the best design and character roster making it the best in the competitive scene, but if we talk just about the game itself to me the best is Brawl with it's story mode, spent close to 50 hours finishing it.

PenguinManiac

Reaction score
The Subspace Emissary mode on Brawl was awesome. The cutscenes still manage to make me crack a smile after all this time. It was just the perfect solution to an issue most fighting games have: single player modes.
However, contentwise, Smash for Wii U/3DS blows all other games out of the water. The roster, the stages, even all the modes make for a massive game. Such a shame they didn't go with a story mode with this game, too. (Maybe they can add it to a remastered version for the Switch...? Is this too hopeless?)

Lexi

Reaction score
For me, Melee was the best. Although Brawl is really close, I really liked the story mode. But my favorite memories are playing Super Smash Bros on the N64 with my cousins. It could get really intense, especially as you learned new moves. It's just a super fun game overall.

Sino989

Reaction score
I would have to say that my favorite smash bros game is brawl because it is so much playing that game with your friends. I always have my friends over so it's a good way to keep us busy.

Denis_P

Reaction score
I actually never owned a Nintendo console after the GameCube but I did play a decent amount of the new Smash games at my friend's house. The ones I have the most experience with are the first game for N64, Melee and Brawl. Between those three I would have to say my favorite is still the first one. Call me nostalgic but that's just the one I like the most. In terms of overall quality I would have to go with Melee.

Jonathan Solomon

Reaction score
Easy choice, Super Smash Brothers: Melee! That and Mario Kart: Double Dash were the first two games I bought with my Nintendo Gamecube back in 2002. I used to play Melee for hours with my friends in multiplayer because I had four controllers. Brawl came much later in 2008 and it didn't live up to my expectations from childhood. The controls and physics were just different for me, in my opinion.

I made so many memories on Melee that I could never forget!