Register Now
  • Earn Points to Buy Games!

The more you post, the more you earn
    Learn More
  • Clone Wars Server is LIVE!

Star Wars: The Clone Wars Garry's Mod server is active with players
    Join Us!

What's your favorite Smash Bros game?

Discussion in 'Nintendo' started by Zalaria, Apr 14, 2015.

1. Zalaria

Zalaria New Member

For those who haven't played this gem of a game, go play it. PLAY IT NOW. You won't regret it.

I instantly became a fan of the Smash series after playing the first game for the N64 with my two sisters. We would sit on the couch for hours on end beating the pixels out of each other xD Good times... And then came Melee (which still remains my favorite) and oh boy. I found a new best character and everything (though its too bad he isn't in Brawl or Smash 4 I think) Speaking of Smash 4, I wish I had a 3DS so I could play it.

So what is your favorite game from Smash? Feel free to add your comments!

2. mominade

mominade New Member

My favorite has been Brawl for a while now. I absolutely love the story mode in the game and its graphics are flawless. Indeed, the story mode function also presents a challenge to many game players out there. Also, it's an extremely fun game to play with other people in just standard multiplayer brawl mode and tourneys even present a good time.

3. niightwind

niightwind New Member

The latest one, Super Smash Bros for 3DS and Wii U, definitely! I have it on 3DS and I find it so fun. I also loved the new characters they added in for it. I use Greninja, & Lucina and Robin a lot. The Smash Run mode is my favorite part of it. I've never played local or online multiplayer with the game but I'd love to give that feature of the game a try someday too. I just don't have anyone to play it with right now.

I haven't played the original or Melee, but I have played Brawl. I did like Brawl a lot, but just not nearly as much as the new one. Still a great game though, and from what I can tell it seems to be the most loved game in the SSB series.

4. Kaitara

Kaitara New Member

While I love Brawl's story mode, Melee will always be my favorite Smash game. It has a near and dear place in my heart. Its competitive community, while small compared to other fighting games currently, has shown just how tenacious and awesome they are by securing a place at EVO the past few years for a game that has been out for 13. For a 13 year old game to still have enough followers to have an active community and still be constantly evolving its metagame is a testament to how fantastic the game is. I haven't tried the newest iteration of Smash (after not being blown away by Brawl, I didn't much feel the need to). I don't think any new version of Smash will blow me away unless it somehow captures the same spirit and evolving gameplay as Melee managed.

5. ScorpionWaterfall

ScorpionWaterfall New Member

I haven't played any of the newer ones. Just the early Nintendo Super Smash Bros. I loved it. I am going to look to see what platforms they have it on. I want to get them for the platforms that I have.

6. Rosenii

Rosenii New Member

It isn't neccesarily the best, but my favourite is Super Smash Bros. Gameplay was smple, there were a number of worlds, and extra mini-games. Plus I loved the origninal concept of Nintendo characters in one game. I remember as a kid, it was always great unlocking something I didn't know existed too.

7. Kamarsun1

Kamarsun1 New Member

I enjoyed the very first one on the 64, but overall the one on the wii was my favorite. I haven't played the new one on the 3DS, so I can't compare that one, but smash bros for the wii was the main reason why I got the wii, I wish they had a PC version of this game.