• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

What's Your Favorite Mount?

Strelitzia

Reaction score
Wrath had the Proto Drakes, Frostbrood Drake and Invincible as the endgame mounts.

Edit: I forgot about Mimiron's head.

JaiGuru

Reaction score
I see. That's sad to hear. :/ Anyway, I haven't really played Wrath of the Lich King. I somewhat jumped from The Burning Crusade to the Mist of Pandaria expansion. What was the endgame mount on WotLK?

Well if you were really lucky you got Invincible, the Lich King's personal mount. I never got that. There was also the bone dragon flying mounts that you could get for finishing the 10 and 25 man versions of Icecrown citadel. There was a black protodrake which I didn't get and sadly is no longer in the game. One of the bosses in Ulduar drops a flying robot head mount called Mimiron's Head. Most of this stuff you can grind solo save for a handful of things in ICC. SO many mounts dropped there I got one I didn't even know what in the game years later during WoD, the blue protodrake that drops in Utgarde Keep.

Zyni

Reaction score
The Ulduar mounts were cool. They were challenging and fun to get at the time. Mimiron's head was a rare drop. You can buy it now on BMAH.

I think they should be removed once you outlevel the achievements. The titles should go too. I'm not a fan of the Black Market Auction House either. These days, you have no idea if someone actually earned what they have or if they just bought it or got it 20 levels later.

m33kuh

Reaction score
Well if you were really lucky you got Invincible, the Lich King's personal mount. I never got that. There was also the bone dragon flying mounts that you could get for finishing the 10 and 25 man versions of Icecrown citadel. There was a black protodrake which I didn't get and sadly is no longer in the game. One of the bosses in Ulduar drops a flying robot head mount called Mimiron's Head. Most of this stuff you can grind solo save for a handful of things in ICC. SO many mounts dropped there I got one I didn't even know what in the game years later during WoD, the blue protodrake that drops in Utgarde Keep.
Oh. I believe that's the Frost Wyrm or something. The skeletal frozen netherdrake or dragon. Never actually seen that in in game.
I am actually playing on a private MoP server. Can I solo those raid dungeons if I get to 90? I went to Mount Hyjal and I got a hard time hahaha. They still hit hard. Script problem probably.

Zyni

Reaction score
There are some attacks that are percentage based, so they will take out a percentage of your hit points no matter what level you are. There are other things that can still kill you as well. It depends on the mechanics. I'm also not sure if they did it to everything, but they said they were going to make stuff level with you (in the last expansion, I believe). So if the mobs scale to your level then yeah, lol, that could hurt. It would make mount farming a lot harder.

JaiGuru

Reaction score
Oh. I believe that's the Frost Wyrm or something. The skeletal frozen netherdrake or dragon. Never actually seen that in in game.
I am actually playing on a private MoP server. Can I solo those raid dungeons if I get to 90? I went to Mount Hyjal and I got a hard time hahaha. They still hit hard. Script problem probably.

Well if you're a prot warrior in decent end game gear I wouldn't see why not. The trouble you may have is getting past the healing dragon fight. Blizzard changed that part of ICC so that you can just walk past it and continue on your way. The portal achievement is still necessary but if you don't feel like putting a group together for it you wont be impeded on your way anymore. However, I just can't remember when they did that! I want to say it wasn't changed until Warlords. I can say in MoP as a prot warrior I was relatively easily clearing firelands for 2000 gold a run before Blizz changed the drop rates. So if your private server closely emulates the way the game was during Pandaria you could potentially make a lot of money weekly doing that.

m33kuh

Reaction score
Well if you're a prot warrior in decent end game gear I wouldn't see why not. The trouble you may have is getting past the healing dragon fight. Blizzard changed that part of ICC so that you can just walk past it and continue on your way. The portal achievement is still necessary but if you don't feel like putting a group together for it you wont be impeded on your way anymore. However, I just can't remember when they did that! I want to say it wasn't changed until Warlords. I can say in MoP as a prot warrior I was relatively easily clearing firelands for 2000 gold a run before Blizz changed the drop rates. So if your private server closely emulates the way the game was during Pandaria you could potentially make a lot of money weekly doing that.
Awesome! Good information! I hope this server that I'm currently playing still hasn't change that. The server's name is warmane and the realm is Frostwolf. I know that the server has some bugs and unlocked dungeons but the staff is doing great. The bugfixes are always coming in everyday which is a good sign. I'm hoping I could go to ICC soon.

JaiGuru

Reaction score
If you cannot solo it I'm almost certain you and a friend can double team it. Especially if you grab a healer, you'll be able to try the portal achievement to get your frost wyrm. For me the most problematic boss in there was actually the old professor guy and his toxic flesh gollum. Before I had enough DPS to get him down those expanding floor puddles really made life difficult. You have to kite him around and try to get him down before the enrage. It's worth it in the end though. Those Frost Wyrms are some of the coolest mounts in the game. I have mine in my favorite mount bar at all times to this day.

m33kuh

Reaction score
Alright. I'll keep these in mind man bro. I am still level 72 on this server that I am playing. Kind of new to this MoP stuff and all. Was actually shocked when I saw that Warriors can use dual 2handed weapons. I'm like, how is that even balanced anymore? On TBC and vanilla, warriors with a 2handed weapon seems to be so powerful. I can't even imagine if they wield 2 of those. :/ But somebody told me that it's not that big of a deal since having a dual single weapons is better because of the passive talent skill or something. But still though.

TsuyoyRival

Reaction score
Raven lord for the win! I can't express how much i love this giant raven. Makes me feel so overpowered eheh
Raven-Lord.jpg

Zyni

Reaction score
MoP is completely different from Wrath. It's like another game. I don't even recall the mounts from that expansion as much, other than my PvP one. That's one I'm proud of. I did a lot more PvP during MoP as far as arenas and rated bg's go. I always did the random stuff in between raids, but I quit raiding and joined a PvP guild during the pandaland expac. The mount I got with that group is one of my favorite ones.

appleandcinnamon

Reaction score
I still like my horses, especially the caramel one. I like the rhythmic, galloping sound.

Zyni

Reaction score
Crimson Deathcharger is my favorite horse mount. It's really the only horse one that I still ride. I really like it because it was gifted to me. Someone in my guild gave it to me. It has a bit of "sentimental value" because of that. Plus, it just looks cool.