• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

What's your favorite MOBA?

luispas

Reaction score
I love playing this genre and definitely my favorite game is League of Legends. It takes all my time, I love the mechanics, the plays one can do, the champions, their personality, the skins, the lanes, everything on it.
My passion is to drawing, so it would be a honor if one day I have the chance to design a skin.
Riot please, give me the opportunity.
I want to know if you like League of Legends too or if you rather another game.​

Gladdy

Reaction score
I've played many MOBA's through the years - some a bit more, some a bit less but my favorite is still the one that I've originally started with and that's League of Legends. LoL was my first MOBA game ever and it is an amazing game. Even though, that I don't really play it as much anymore I still believe it is probably the best one out there (here come the Dota 2 lovers :D). I've tried Dota 2 a few times on Steam and it just seems so much different and way more complicated. I felt out of my zone and confused as hell. Dota 2 is definitely harder than League but I can't say that it's more entertaining. I've also tried Heroes of the Storm but it was bit meh. It was okay but not really as engaging as I thought it would be.

Riot is just a really smart company that knows how to brand League of Legends and build on it - develop the game and everything surrounding it.

Javo1096

Reaction score
To me it's League of Legends too, even though they use and/or copy many things from DOTA, Riot just made it simple a very fun well animated fast real time action-strategy game. The thing that keeps me hooked to it definitely are the characters which all have a different depth on the general lore and of course a particular sense of humour.

luispas

Reaction score
I've played many MOBA's through the years - some a bit more, some a bit less but my favorite is still the one that I've originally started with and that's League of Legends. LoL was my first MOBA game ever and it is an amazing game. Even though, that I don't really play it as much anymore I still believe it is probably the best one out there (here come the Dota 2 lovers :D). I've tried Dota 2 a few times on Steam and it just seems so much different and way more complicated. I felt out of my zone and confused as hell. Dota 2 is definitely harder than League but I can't say that it's more entertaining. I've also tried Heroes of the Storm but it was bit meh. It was okay but not really as engaging as I thought it would be.

Riot is just a really smart company that knows how to brand League of Legends and build on it - develop the game and everything surrounding it.
I agree, Riot games knows how to make people happy. I played Dota 2 too, but definitely it wasn't my thing, I felt like a fish out of the water. It was so complicated that I dislike it.

kenoobie

Reaction score
Both Dota 2 and LoL. They're both MOBA but have different things that works for both of them. Dota 2 has more complexity to the game. I feel that it has a higher skill cap compared to LoL and rewards good players with good mechanics. What I like about league is that it simplified stat system like AP for magic damage and AD for physical damage. League is easy for new players to get to MOBA as it has simple mechanics and less punishing for players new to the genre.

luispas

Reaction score
Both Dota 2 and LoL. They're both MOBA but have different things that works for both of them. Dota 2 has more complexity to the game. I feel that it has a higher skill cap compared to LoL and rewards good players with good mechanics. What I like about league is that it simplified stat system like AP for magic damage and AD for physical damage. League is easy for new players to get to MOBA as it has simple mechanics and less punishing for players new to the genre.
That's right, League is more simple, that's why I like it so much. I just feel good playing it, not because it's "easy" it's because the game itself feel very smooth and soft.

SerSlavos

Reaction score
I tried some of them, LoL, HotS, and SMITE to be precise, and I only like SMITE. I used to love LoL but the community is awful and it is the main reason I quit the game. I don't have anything against the game itself, but the community, God... SMITE community is toxic as well but much less than the LoL one.

StolenKid

Reaction score
Hmmm, my favorite MOBA is DOTA 2, I tried LoL but man the community was so... I can't bear that community, in DOTA 2 is less toxic than LoL, alsoy I think DOTA 2 is more strategic... Even tho, I did left behind playing on MOBAS, the community is competitive as hell and they insult so much. I prefer MMORPGS or FPS now.

nickdamon

Reaction score
Do you guys think it would be too late to start in LoL? I feel like I'm really late to the game and it wouldn't really be worth getting in there. What do y'all think?

lexcion

Reaction score
League is definitely the most popular and probably my favorite out of all the MOBAs. Playing Dota 2 or HoTS didn't really have the same feel or passion the League had with me. I put in a lot of hours into League and believe me I tried to play other MOBA's but they just didn't stick to me.

luispas

Reaction score
I tried some of them, LoL, HotS, and SMITE to be precise, and I only like SMITE. I used to love LoL but the community is awful and it is the main reason I quit the game. I don't have anything against the game itself, but the community, God... SMITE community is toxic as well but much less than the LoL one.
I know a lot of people who say the same and I can understand it, I think I get used to the LoL community haha

luispas

Reaction score
Hmmm, my favorite MOBA is DOTA 2, I tried LoL but man the community was so... I can't bear that community, in DOTA 2 is less toxic than LoL, alsoy I think DOTA 2 is more strategic... Even tho, I did left behind playing on MOBAS, the community is competitive as hell and they insult so much. I prefer MMORPGS or FPS now.
I played Dota 2 and I found the community very toxic too. You just can try to ignore them, and there are always good people there.

luispas

Reaction score
League is definitely the most popular and probably my favorite out of all the MOBAs. Playing Dota 2 or HoTS didn't really have the same feel or passion the League had with me. I put in a lot of hours into League and believe me I tried to play other MOBA's but they just didn't stick to me.
I feel the same, LoL is the only fun game out there, I also tried the others but it wasn't very fun.

thart

Reaction score
i gotta say league of legends. it's fairly easy to get into and i played it a lot with my friends, so that made it even more enjoyable.

luispas

Reaction score
i gotta say league of legends. it's fairly easy to get into and i played it a lot with my friends, so that made it even more enjoyable.
That's awesome :) playing with friends is always good, they don't matter if you make any mistakes, they just want to have fun.

WarVet

Reaction score
I like some LOL every now and then but it's not like it's my favorite genre. I stick to offline gaming these days because I just cannot spare the time these games require you to become good or to even be able to play at a reasonable level.

BeardedMamba

Reaction score
DOTA 2 is my favorite MOBA game. I played League of Legends for a few times and I didn't like it, graphics is good though but I think they are targeting younger audience, gameplay is easier than DOTA 2, I like the challenge and maybe because I'm used to it, so I had a hard time adjusting to League of Legends. DOTA 2 for the win.

m33kuh

Reaction score
Definitely Dota 2 for me. It's made for people who want more challenges like what BeardedMamba said up there.
Some people might say that Dota 2 easy or very noob-friendly, well that is maybe because they play with the basic and lower ranks.

Cheers!

Neiltarquin

Reaction score
DOTA.... Mobile Legend is trendy, so i started playing just a few days ago. I made me think for a few seconds. Im doing 22 kills and 0 deaths. Am I battling AIs?

OursIsTheFury

Reaction score
DOTA 2, since I've been playing Dota 1 (the Warcraft 3 map) since 2008, while I've been playing Warcraft 3 since 2004. It's been a long ride, and I've known and learned most if not all of the characters in both Dota games through the years, and to invest a lot of time learning the skills of each hero, each item, and tactics in general; I wouldn't even think of going to a different game just to play something new. Too much time invested on that one.