• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

what's a good program for uploading my gameplay?

ModdedGamers

Reaction score
What's a good program to upload and edit my game play mods and such?

Zahreah

Reaction score
Depends what type of editing.
If you're just cutting clips and no real editing such as cc ect then Windows Movie Maker can do all that.
If you're wanting to add cc,3d text etc etc then try Sony Vegas or After Effects but you're gonna have to most likely torrent that.

Also pretty sure you can upload it to youtube with WMM. I think.

Toxique

MOTM
Reaction score
I just use my phone to upload videos.

Travis

Reaction score
Yea Sony Vegas but i dont like uploading them through sony vegas i do my editing and stuff then i render it in 1280 by 720 and upload it from the youtube website itself

Roach

Reaction score
It depends. If you want to record yourself playing computer games then something like FRAPS will work a treat.

mg2prime

Reaction score
A lot of people use Sony Vegas and Pinnacle, but Windows Movie Maker is actually pretty good and you can really customize it.

overcast

Reaction score
If you have captured the video through CamTasia then you can do the gameplay work through that. You can find that some of the games are good enough to be edited through Adobe After Effects and Vegas. But those are also expensive software. So I don't recommend that. I'd suggest other freeware apps to record and then edit into Vegas.

Jack_Dan

Reaction score
For video editing, you can use FCP (Final Cut Pro) if you have an Apple computer. Otherwise, you can use Adobe Premiere Pro and Adobe After Effects for Windows. You need to use both and see which one is more comfortable for you to use. After rendering from those video editing software you can upload it on either on Youtube or Twitch, both are an awesome platform for gamers.

Neiltarquin

Reaction score
It depends, if its just for fun, you can use your phone. If its for a channel, you need to invest good quality equipment.

arachnophobik

Reaction score
It really depends, I don't think there's an all in one program where you can mod the game and edit a video at the same time. But if you're looking for a screen recorder, you can try Fraps. Be warned that fraps would take a few FPS out of your game, sometimes even half depending on your processor. If you're using a Nvidia GTX series GPU then you can use Nvidia Shadowplay as it doesn't take out FPS in your games, but your recorded game plays would be so big in terms of size.

jahanzeb ali qureshi

Reaction score
I found Youtube best for this purpose as they provide the free space and you can even monetize your video by showing Google ads on it. So you can earn money while you are availing the hosting space.

OursIsTheFury

Reaction score
FRAPS can record videos while you are playing, and you can take screenshots off it as well. It's free, it's light on the installation, and it's easy enough to use. Just assign the buttons and let the magic happen. You can also record yourself talking while playing as long as you have a microphone, so it's an easy tool to use if you're into the whole Youtube let's play stuff.

Denis_P

Reaction score
Well I can tell you what my setup is and what works for me. Currently, I record any gameplay footage using a screen recording software called Bandicam. It's not as convenient as a dedicated capture card but it does the trick and has plenty of features that will suit your needs.

Once I have the footage, I use Adobe After Effects to cut it up and edit. Now for somebody just trying to cut a bunch of clips together, After Effects is a bit overkill. However, for anyone looking to do some more complex editing such as adding designs and animations to your videos, I cannot recommend it enough.