• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

What summer release are you the most excited for?

Luddy420

Reaction score
This year is going to be another great summer of gaming! What game are you all looking forward to the most?

I can't wait for season 3 of Telltale's The Walking Dead. I am really curious to where they're going to take the story from here. I've also got high hopes for the new DOOM game. It should at least be a fun FPS to play. Hopefully we will get Halo Wars 2 this summer, but it doesn't have an official launch date yet.

pwarbi

Reaction score
I think the game that most people are talking about at the moment as got to be No Man's Sky. Even though the game as been talked about and in development for a number of years now, I do think we're getting close to its release date.

As for an official date being announced, does anyone know when that might be yet?

MayorDonut

Reaction score
I think the game that most people are talking about at the moment as got to be No Man's Sky. Even though the game as been talked about and in development for a number of years now, I do think we're getting close to its release date.

As for an official date being announced, does anyone know when that might be yet?

I'm stoked for No Man's Sky! According to their website, the official release dates are June 21st for NA, June 22nd for EU, and June 24th for UK. Will you be purchasing it for the PS4 or for the PC? I'm planning on purchasing it through Steam and feeding the display through to my television. :D

pwarbi

Reaction score
I'm stoked for No Man's Sky! According to their website, the official release dates are June 21st for NA, June 22nd for EU, and June 24th for UK. Will you be purchasing it for the PS4 or for the PC? I'm planning on purchasing it through Steam and feeding the display through to my television. :D

I'm going to be buying it for the PS4 as I'm more of a console gamer than PC. I'm just hoping that the game is going to live up to the hype, as we've been waiting for this game for a long time now.

Sk3tch

Reaction score
I'm just hoping that the game is going to live up to the hype, as we've been waiting for this game for a long time now.
I don't think there is anyway that the game can completely live up to the hype because the game has been talked about and hyped up for so long, but I do think it will probably be game of the year material. If it can deliver on maybe 70% of the things it promises, and really deliver well, the game will be amazing. The infinite worlds, the random generated biomes, monsters, ect. The game has so much potential to be a bestseller.

thefratman

Reaction score
By technicality, the one game I'm highly interested in at the moment(which I'm sure I'll draw ire for, please don't flame me) comes out in summer.

That being Federation Force, in August.

InvadeYourSpace

Reaction score
The title I'm most looking forward too would have to be "Resident Evil: Umbrella Corps". It's due out in mid June, and I can't wait for another addition to the franchise. I've been into the series since college.Then became even more of a fan after the movies starring Milla Jovovich. I've watched the Umbrella Corps trailer that was just released showing an Antarctic type level with some sorts of higher level zombies you have to defeat. The graphics still don't disappoint.

pwarbi

Reaction score
While this isn't strictly a game that's going to come out this summer, and maybe not even next summer, if it ever does come out, but I have to admit I'm hearing and reading a lot of stories about a new Red Ded coming out and that Rockstar are working on.

Now THAT is a game that I AM excited about if it happens.

Sk3tch

Reaction score
While this isn't strictly a game that's going to come out this summer, and maybe not even next summer, if it ever does come out, but I have to admit I'm hearing and reading a lot of stories about a new Red Ded coming out and that Rockstar are working on.
I don't doubt that the game will come out at some point it's just a matter of when. Hopefully more than anything it can live up to Red Dead 1. I'd be most interested though to see what they change and add. If the game is just Redemption with a fresh coat of paint and a new story I'd be real disappointed. It's gonna be hard to follow up but I trust that Rockstar can do it.