• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

PS4 What other APPS do you use on your PS4?

Sharon

Reaction score
When I'm not playing games on my PS4 but feel like hanging out in the bedroom I typically watch Netflix. ...or if I'm cleaning up, folding laundry, or just working in the room I use Spotify. There are many APPS available on there though and was just wondering, which ones do you guys use?

Martin

Reaction score
Literally just YouTube and occasionally PlayStation Music. I don't have a subscription to Netflix or anything so do not bother with any other apps.

shadowsupernature

Reaction score
When it's not gaming, I've pretty much violating Crunchyroll. Seriously, I watch it THAT much for my anime fix.

Then there's hulu, I mess with that quite a bit too. Netflix is a given. And even though I have Hulu and Netflix, I have my times when I do mess with Crackle (like as I'm typing this).

Yeah, my PS4 and even my PS3 get FULL use.

cgrey

Reaction score
I like to use Amazon Video, Hulu, Vudu, and netflix. Vudu is my favorite for movies and of course Netflix and Hulu for shows. My wife and I don't even have time for regular cable tv with watching so many shows online. I haven't used twitch as of yet, but have a friend who plays a lot of Call of duty and streams it on there. I would definitely like to give it a try as well.

Sino989

Reaction score
What other apps do I use on my PS4? Well, I use the YouTube app a lot, almost everyday when I'm eating or something. I also use the Twitch app occasionally, but that's only when I have nothing to watch on YouTube.

john franklin

Reaction score
Most of the time I use to play games on my PS4 but when I am free from playing the game then I listen to music and watch movies on NetFlix. I have a lot of other applications on my PS4 and I love to enjoy them all. I have big collection my favorite music and movies. I never got bored from my PS4.

jahanzeb ali qureshi

Reaction score
I am also a big fan music and gaming so whenever I am bored from gaming then I use to play music on my console. It doesn't let me get bored of it. I have a big playlist of my favorite music. I love my PS4 and it is the best console ever.

Gladdy

Reaction score
Honestly? the only app that I use is Twitch.tv. I have a Samsung smart TV so it has all other apps on it - Netflix, HBO GO, YouTube and so on. But because it's a newer model it doesn't have Android but Tizen and I can't get Twitch app on it.

So, I use that on PS4 and the rest I have on my smart TV. However, if I didn't have that option already available on the television, I would definitely use YouTube and Netflix on my PS4. I am very happy with their apps and how well they seem to work.

megaanmaarie

Reaction score
I love Spotify being on my PS4. I use it when I'm playing puzzle games. I mute the music in the game and listen to my Spotify playlists in the background. Total game changer when you play any song you want and skip through them whenever you want while playing a game. I sometimes even use Spotify in the background when grinding in Skyrim. I think it makes the games a little more personal and adds some fun into monotonous grinding.

jahanzeb ali qureshi

Reaction score
I love to play the music on it. Whenever I get bored from listening music then I use to play my favorite tracks on it. I love to listen to the songs whenever I am finished with a game. It makes me relax so I could play the game without getting bored.

dero56

Reaction score
Pretty much netflix, youtube and spotify. Other than those apps, haven't been interested in any of the other apps they had to offer on the consoles. I've installed twitch on it but since I have a laptop hooked up to the same TV, I prefer to use twitch on the browser of my laptop to watch on my TV.