• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

What makes a good YouTube game channel, in your opinion?

Jack_Dan

Reaction score
I just love honest reactions and a good sense of humor. Most of the YouTube gamers do exaggerate their reactions which are kind of irritating sometimes. I do like YouTube gamers who give good suggestion over new games or upcoming games. By the way, I love Pewdiepie YouTube channel, and he's my all time favorite. New YouTube gamers should learn from his YouTube channel to how to engage viewers.

BeardedMamba

Reaction score
Be funny, being a girl is actually a plus. Lots of female Youtube channel have many views like SSSniperwolf, make sure you have good content and personality. I'm sure you'll have followers soon.

WildSpirit

Reaction score
I believe that the youtuber should not just put some cancer music in the background and hide his face..I believe that the real youtuber should show his/her face, and with his/her voice..otherwise I think that the channel is missing something that is very important.

You have a very good point here. I mean... If there is no physical presence of the person (he / she / they) in the videos, what is the point of having the channel at all? All that music in the background is so annoying! :emoji-rage:

WildSpirit

Reaction score
Be funny, being a girl is actually a plus. Lots of female Youtube channel have many views like SSSniperwolf, make sure you have good content and personality. I'm sure you'll have followers soon.

I think girls can do better than boys being youtubers. :smiley: They are so much outgoing / creative and this is definitely something more interesting for a youtube channel. More girls in this field, please. :sunglasses:

Makef0rt

Reaction score
Well, based on the most popular Youtube users, I figure you need to be either a good looking female or a male who yells out racial/childish slurs at the screen while playing horror games. Hey, who am I to criticize, those people earn 100x what I earn in a month so what do they care how they get their money? They have a market and they really know how to push their buttons.

Sadly, yeah. Although, there are quite a few really good youtubers, not too famous, but they offer some great content. Gopher for example. He is an amazing Youtuber. He has 450k subscribers, which is far away from most popular names, but his content is way better than most of others who have millions. I would watch his videos before those anytime.

He plays games, does talking, reviews, tutorials and many other things.

OursIsTheFury

Reaction score
Sadly, yeah. Although, there are quite a few really good youtubers, not too famous, but they offer some great content. Gopher for example. He is an amazing Youtuber. He has 450k subscribers, which is far away from most popular names, but his content is way better than most of others who have millions. I would watch his videos before those anytime.

He plays games, does talking, reviews, tutorials and many other things.

The main market of Youtube is apparently teenage kids who either want to see breasts while seeing gameplay, or hearing someone yell "autism", "penis", or "cancer" when playing a horror game. It's such a childish way of doing it, and most people have better talent, but with these people they tapped a market and they're just all going at it for the views. After all, you can't argue with the method when you earn thousands of dollars monthly.

Neiltarquin

Reaction score
Just make the channel. Don't think of anything else. Start atleast with five videos. Don't ask them to subscribe just yet. Ask the viewers opinion on the channel and listen to them. Reply to them. For me its not the quantity, its the quality. Humor is a good thing but everything in exaggeration is annoying. Focus on yhe content you want to convey. If its a review, do it seriously. And do the review while playing the game. If its cheat code, how to, or any other game related stuff. Make sure that the video is short and direct to the point.

WarVet

Reaction score
The main market of Youtube is apparently teenage kids who either want to see breasts while seeing gameplay, or hearing someone yell "autism", "penis", or "cancer" when playing a horror game. It's such a childish way of doing it, and most people have better talent, but with these people they tapped a market and they're just all going at it for the views. After all, you can't argue with the method when you earn thousands of dollars monthly.

This seems to be a constant trend in today's content producers. (Have you listened to pop songs lately? Or maybe turned the TV for more than a few minutes?.) Still in my opinion what makes a channel really good is the ability of the creator to bring quality content without making it sound dull or to over entertaining. Good content is a must when the creator tries too hard it becomes childish. Or when he doesn't try at all it becomes dull.

OursIsTheFury

Reaction score
This seems to be a constant trend in today's content producers. (Have you listened to pop songs lately? Or maybe turned the TV for more than a few minutes?.) Still in my opinion what makes a channel really good is the ability of the creator to bring quality content without making it sound dull or to over entertaining. Good content is a must when the creator tries too hard it becomes childish. Or when he doesn't try at all it becomes dull.
True, but doing that would only get you so far. People out there on Youtube still earning more both views and followers for being immature and making sex jokes compared to actually creating a good product. Being on the high road is fine, but it won't get you very far compared to the other sleazy tactics that famous Youtubers use.

OursIsTheFury

Reaction score
Just make the channel. Don't think of anything else. Start atleast with five videos. Don't ask them to subscribe just yet. Ask the viewers opinion on the channel and listen to them. Reply to them. For me its not the quantity, its the quality. Humor is a good thing but everything in exaggeration is annoying. Focus on yhe content you want to convey. If its a review, do it seriously. And do the review while playing the game. If its cheat code, how to, or any other game related stuff. Make sure that the video is short and direct to the point.
Yeah, I remember googling how to setup a DS4 on the PC and there were multiple 20 minute videos about it. 2 minute intro music and title, 5 minute introduction on who the user was, 1 minute actual solution, and the rest was credits and asking me to subscribe. Like, no thanks. The instructions didn't work too, if I recall.

WarVet

Reaction score
True, but doing that would only get you so far. People out there on Youtube still earning more both views and followers for being immature and making sex jokes compared to actually creating a good product. Being on the high road is fine, but it won't get you very far compared to the other sleazy tactics that famous Youtubers use.

Oh aye, but I thought we were talking about a good channel, not necessarily a famous one. For instance, i hate Pewdiepie. I don't think he brings more than immaturity to the table. Mainstream media is shit anyone can notice this. That is why I prefer the Internet over TV. You can actually choose what content you'll watch to. As an example of a good channel and still not famous I recommend this guy:

OursIsTheFury

Reaction score
Oh aye, but I thought we were talking about a good channel, not necessarily a famous one. For instance, i hate Pewdiepie. I don't think he brings more than immaturity to the table. Mainstream media is shit anyone can notice this. That is why I prefer the Internet over TV. You can actually choose what content you'll watch to. As an example of a good channel and still not famous I recommend this guy:

True, but I hate that people who follow them think everyone else are "normies" or whatever, and that they are superior. I remember someone bragging because I think Pewdiepie replied on his comment on Youtube. Like, dude, do you even have a life outside of watching Youtube vids? Why are you so proud of that? It just baffles me.

kenoobie

Reaction score
If you are planning to do a Let's Play video then I suggest that you practice with just speaking a lot and speaking your mind. Looking at mostly decent "Let's Players", they keep their audiences engaged by describing a lot of stuff they see on screen and what they think about it. They each have their own gimmicks like being funny, silly or just informative so try to find what you're good at.

BeardedMamba

Reaction score
I think girls can do better than boys being youtubers. :smiley: They are so much outgoing / creative and this is definitely something more interesting for a youtube channel. More girls in this field, please. :sunglasses:

I think it depends on the person and not the gender. :smile: But I prefer funny Youtubers and I find a lot of male Youtubers funny, because they have no filter and shame.

OursIsTheFury

Reaction score
I think it depends on the person and not the gender. :smile: But I prefer funny Youtubers and I find a lot of male Youtubers funny, because they have no filter and shame.
There's a common rule in Showbiz. If you have shame, you can't go far. So people out there who want to make a name for themselves will absolutely do anything and won't have the shame to stop until they get their 15 minutes of fame. After all, a day in the limelight is worth a lifetime of embarrassing and cringeworthy stuff on record.

WildSpirit

Reaction score

Yeah, it's not about the gender... But I think girls can do better than boys about this. What I think ends up defining the things is the subject that is being discussed at the moment, but in the end wins that one can be more creative. :tongueout: