• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

What is your favorite weapon across all FPS games?

OursIsTheFury

Reaction score
The Killer 7 in Resident Evil 4 was another good weapon. I love magnums in games in general. So much firepower packed in a handgun and you can just smoke your enemies with them. Perfect for boss fights and for those moments where you get unlimited ammo and you just stopped giving a crap about accuracy and ammo stock. Also, the design of the Killer 7 is amazing.

kenoobie

Reaction score
My favorite gun is AK47 from CS:GO. The gun is cheap and accurate in burst. It also has decent damage and is the best bang for the buck IMO.

AlexHarris

Reaction score
I like assault rifles and all, but every time I pick an assault rifle it's like all of the accuracy is gone. It's probably just not my type of weapon. I'm that brainless Master Sergent with a 0 recoil SMG camping behind the least obvious door waiting for your whole team to walk through. Hehe.

SpitfireMase

Reaction score
The Shotgun in Doom. in the older ones, it's a destructive weapon that a lot of time went into getting the proper feel for it's power, the well done reload animation and sound. And in the new one, it does everything you want a gun to do, deal lots of damage close up so you can heal without taking too much damage.

The Doom Guy with his shotgun is iconic for a reason.

OursIsTheFury

Reaction score
The Shotgun in Doom. in the older ones, it's a destructive weapon that a lot of time went into getting the proper feel for it's power, the well done reload animation and sound. And in the new one, it does everything you want a gun to do, deal lots of damage close up so you can heal without taking too much damage.

The Doom Guy with his shotgun is iconic for a reason.

a6506465974e824c2ca69596e854a1d9.jpg

I know right? Doom had lots of weapons (I personally preferred the chainsaw), and most of them are more powerful than the shotgun, but it is still the most iconic. Maybe because it's the first strong weapon you get. Also, shotguns are pretty damn powerful in most games you go to; be it shooting games, survival games, horror games, etc. No matter how badass an opponent is, they always go down with a shotgun blast to their weak spot.

Xilkozuf

Reaction score
In any FPS game, my favorite weapon is always the shotgun!
I don't know why... It's slow and short ranged, but it's extremely powerful! I think it fit well with my fighting style: get close to the enemies and BOOM, shoot them right in the face!

CBL28

Reaction score
It would have to be the P90. A small gun with decent recoil and a high rate of fire makes it my personal favorite. Useful in all situations, whether it be in open terrain or in close quarter combat.

JaiGuru

Reaction score
Here's where I polarize people: The Remington in Black Ops 2.

I know many people consider it a cheater gun, and I totally get why. It's a wrecking machine. If you add the right loadout to extend its range and accuracy, including taking perks that empower your ability to move around the stage more efficiently, you're basically unstoppable. The only thing that can really stop you is if you make poor decisions about how you move. You have to consider that even with extended range it is a close quarters weapon, so obviously you don't just go charging down long corridors. Oh man, and you add the tactical insertion into your load out and you can spawn camp people until they cry!

I'm so cheap. I know it. I'm not exactly bragging about. But don't judge me until you've fragged a noob in my shoes.

giovanniiiii

Reaction score
If it's from FPS games I would have to say the Desert Eagle if there is, or the revolver. I love roleplaying as a cowboy in FPS games despite my team flaming me for my decisions.
In other games I always use Great swords, especially in Monster Hunter. I really just prefer melee over long range weapons.