• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

What is your favorite weapon across all FPS games?

AlexHarris

Reaction score
I was just thinking about my favorite weapons in fps games and I was thinking that there are a lot of similar weapons but the feel, recoil, and sometimes appearance of the weapon isn't always consist through games. I wanted to ask you guys what your favorite weapon was, why, and is it generally the same consistently through different games. Like the AK-47 for instance, it usually has high recoil and is pretty uncontrollable.

Aitherion

Reaction score
I can't really favor a weapon from an FPS because most of the games labeled "First Person Shooter" that I play either have characters with weapons specific to them or weapons that aren't real. I don't play games like COD or CS:GO.

Fallenpyro418 (Sparks)

Community Supervisor
Community Supervisor
Administrator
Reaction score
I used to play alot of battlefield mostly battlefield 3 along with some of 4 and I always played recon carrying a Berret M98B as did most recons. Good for getting those long shots and staying out of direct conflict, and if that didn't do the trick my Glock 18 full auto would turn them into swiss cheese if they got to close.

WarVet

Reaction score
I usually go with assault rifles. I absolute love shotguns but they are useless at long distance and most FPS takes place in open field shootouts. So unless you're a run and gun type of player you'll have a hard time with shotguns. Assault rifles, on the other hand, perform well both in mid- long range and are also decent at close range. My personal favorite would be the FN-FAL

Gladdy

Reaction score
I think that it is hard to say which is my favorite game across all fps games just because certain games balance the guns differently than others.

But, I guess, generally speaking, I love using the assault guns. In the older games, I always enjoyed using AK-47 (CoD4 is a good example - it was the best gun in the game). The newer games completely changed how AK-47 works though. It seems to have this terrible recoil and is impossible to control so I much prefer SCAR-H, preferably with a grip and red dot attachment. I only use shotguns when I want to have fun and not play seriously.

NotCasual

Reaction score
The Gravity Gun or Zero Point Energy Field Manipulator from Half-Life 2, obviously. It doesn't deal any damage but allows you to pull objects or items towards you from a distance and blast them away. Most fun in the Ravenholm chapter where you can make good use of the sawblades by shooting them into the zombies, slicing them in half. One of the most iconic weapons in all of gaming.

Denis_P

Reaction score
When it comes to FPS games I've always been a fan of using the sub-machine gun class of weapons. Guns like the MP5, UMP, AK-74u, or Uzi have always been some of my favorites because of the ability to quickly put down people at close quarters combat and still get decent range with them if you know how to properly account for recoil.

That being said, my all-time favorite sub-machine gun has to be the FN P90. I was first introduced to the P90 in Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty where the character Solidus Snake uses it as his main weapon. It was heartbreaking to me that it wasn't a useable weapon because I thought it was the coolest design ever. But later on many games actually started featuring it, including Counter-Strike Source, Battlefield 2, Rainbow Six: Vegas and dozens of others.

AlexHarris

Reaction score
I used to play alot of battlefield mostly battlefield 3 along with some of 4 and I always played recon carrying a Berret M98B as did most recons. Good for getting those long shots and staying out of direct conflict, and if that didn't do the trick my Glock 18 full auto would turn them into swiss cheese if they got to close.
I love the barrett series. My favorite Barrett is the Barrett m82a1. The weight of the weapon is usually what changes in between games, but it's always super powerful and can usually shoot through walls that is what I love about it. Also the AWP and AWM. Not really sure why the name changes in every game unless they're just two different snipers.

AlexHarris

Reaction score
Oh and the Desert Eagle, M4a1, and Kriss Super V. The Kriss is always light-weight, fast, and has low recoil. The M4a1 has accuracy and a decent mag size. The Desert Eagle is just an OG pistol known for two things: being powerful and having 7 bullets.

Jack_Dan

Reaction score
It is tough to choose which one is favorite in FPS games. There are some which I liked it, like Famas, 1887 Akimbo, ACR, MP40 from Call of Duty series. These weapons are fantastic in that game. I do remember that there is one weapon called OICW from Far Cry which is good too. It's tough to remember all those names when you are not playing.

AlexHarris

Reaction score
The triple-rate firing on the Famas always seems underwhelming in every game though. The ACR has pretty high recoil, I would say even higher than the AKs the power is insane too. The MP40 is that silencer SMG right? That shit is badass I've only ever tried the Crossfire version of the weapon though. I haven't actually heard of that Akimbo weapon I think I'll look it up now.

WarVet

Reaction score
Oh and the Desert Eagle, M4a1, and Kriss Super V. The Kriss is always light-weight, fast, and has low recoil. The M4a1 has accuracy and a decent mag size. The Desert Eagle is just an OG pistol known for two things: being powerful and having 7 bullets.

Yeah, the Kriss is awesome. The built in recoil suppression mechanism is stuff of legends. I prefer Assault rifles better due to their long range and precision but that is one wicked SMG.

OursIsTheFury

Reaction score
The Fat Man from Fallout 4 is basically a tactical nuke weapon that you can place over your shoulder. It has massive damage and can basically one-hit-kill anything and everything in your way. How can you not like that? Even the massive deathclaws are no match for it. The only downside is you need a lot of space to fire it otherwise you'll get hit with the explosion yourself, so it's not very useful indoors.

OursIsTheFury

Reaction score
The Gravity Gun or Zero Point Energy Field Manipulator from Half-Life 2, obviously. It doesn't deal any damage but allows you to pull objects or items towards you from a distance and blast them away. Most fun in the Ravenholm chapter where you can make good use of the sawblades by shooting them into the zombies, slicing them in half. One of the most iconic weapons in all of gaming.
Is it weird I never played Half Life? I wanted to but I never get the motivation, and the fact that all these HL3 jokes keep coming because apparently gamers of the series have been waiting a long time for the next episode to arrive but to no avail. I guess Valve is too busy making purchasable gloves and gun skins to make new games these days, huh?

Moaz

Reaction score
I prefer the AK-12..It's quite awesome and it's fast and I believe that the AK-12 is the easiest in aiming.

thart

Reaction score
I'm a big fan of the Redeemer from Unreal Tournament 3. The redeemer was in the other games but the way it unfolds and looks so threatening in Unreal Tournament 3 is just great.

Sino989

Reaction score
One of my favorite games from an FPS game would have to be the intervention from call of duty modern warfare 2. I'm not sure if any of you have played it but if you have you know what I'm talking about and you know it was one of the best guns if the game series.

PenguinManiac

Reaction score
Portal's Gravity Gun is a no-brainer, the concept, the design, the actual way it works...it's straight up perfect. I also have a thing for Metroid Prime's Arm Cannon, but I guess that's due to how much I love the series. I still find it much more recognizable and memorable than any other weapon, so...
Huh, also, I know Ratchet & Clank is not an FPS, but the Morph-O-Ray is still worth a mention. It's brilliant.

Makef0rt

Reaction score
It really depends on the game, and on the map you might be playing. In close quarter combat snipers are probably a really bad choice. SMGs and shotguns do wonders in such cases. I always liked pistol action though, even if it deals less damage, it is really pleasing to score kills with pistol and your enemy has an automatic weapon. Back in the first COD titles for example, I really loved carbine weapons.

WarVet

Reaction score
It really depends on the game, and on the map you might be playing. In close quarter combat snipers are probably a really bad choice. SMGs and shotguns do wonders in such cases. I always liked pistol action though, even if it deals less damage, it is really pleasing to score kills with pistol and your enemy has an automatic weapon. Back in the first COD titles for example, I really loved carbine weapons.

Yup. That's why i go with assault rifles. The are up to a certain point a jack of all trades. Good at mid-long distance, boasting good fire and stopping power. The high recoil is a problem in some weapons like the AKs. If the game allows for it you can even customize your assault rifle with a shotgun unit. Best of both worlds