• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

What is your favorite Nintendo 64 game?

Soulwatcher

Reaction score
Turok The Dinosaur Hunter and Super Mario were my two favorite games on the Nintendo 64. I will never forget the day I bought my Nintendo 64. I bought it at the grocery store chain called Meijer and I bought Turok The Dinosaur Hunter . And the reason why I remember it so well is because I lost my driver license on that day.

SeanP

Reaction score
My favorite N64 game has to Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask. I absolutely adore Ocarina of Time, but Majora's Mask's reuse of the OOT engine allowed for the developers to focus on gameplay. The result was an incredibly unique experience. The 3-day cycle is, in my opinion, the highest level of innovation that Zelda has ever reached. I also love Termina; its deviation from Hyrule was profound and made MM feel much more dark than any Zelda game before.

I know some dislike the dungeons in MM, but in my opinion, they hold up with the rest of the series. I dislike the fairy mechanic, but Stone Tower Temple and Great Bay Temple are both incredible.

IkaBula

Reaction score
I just found my (still working N64 in the garage and it's the best thing ever.)

I'd have to go by the games on playing basically on repeat.

So...
Banjo-Kazooie
Goldeneye
Mario Kart 64
Gauntlet

Though, there are some that I miss. Like Super Smash Brothers and NBA Courtside 1999...So once I track them down again, I'll be set.

ESPECIALLY NBA COURTSIDE THO!

Yiskah

Reaction score
So many good ones to choose from! But I'm gonna knock this one out of this world literally! Milo's Astro Lanes!!! I was seriously addicted and super awesome at it! I credit Gauntlet as the first game I completed and won. I wish the '64's weren't so pricey. I would love to get my teens into all the greatness a '64 holds. They came out with a classic version of the NES last year and this year it will be the classic SNES so I'm expecting to see the '64 next year?

lindbergh

Reaction score
Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time. I was so amazed by this game. I was used to playing Zelda games in 2D that seeing it realized in full 3D filed me with awe. The game had a massive overworld which was a joy to explore. I would even stop just to admire the sun rise over Hyrule. The world of Zelda was a masterpiece of level design.

Also, I was more into traditional turn based RPGs back then but Ocarina of Time sucked me into its world even if it was an action RPG. There were so many things to do in this game that it kept me playing even after I finished it. Nintendo knows how to make great games, and this game transcended everything that I expected from them.

Dkaraly

Reaction score
A difficult question. I love all of my Nintendo 64 games, but if I have to choose I guess it'll be either Paper Mario or Pokemon Snap. I loved Mario 64, Mario Party 3 and Mario Kart, however Paper Mario and Pokemon Snap will always hold a special place in my heart. I used to play Pokemon Stadium and Pokemon Puzzle too but they weren't that entertaining to me. The good news is I still have a Nintendo 64 and it works. :D

Rebelssis

Reaction score
When I was a kid I remember my brother had a Nintendo 64 console, and I used to play a lot Super Mario games. The one I really liked was Mario Kart. But my favorite games were Banjo-Tooie and LoZ:OoT! Those two are still my favorite games. Actually, I have an emulator on my computer and those are the games I play the most when I want to distract myself.

pizzalover

Reaction score
My favorite Nintendo 64 game was POKEMON, so many good memories with my cousins and my sister. We had two controls and spend all day at my grandparent's house playing.
The game had so many levels and a lot of Pokemon to choose. Every one of them with a different super power. It also had minigames where you could play multiplayer.

xagiate

Reaction score
There are so many good games on N64 but i can not forget the moment i saw Super Mario 64! I went to a small local store with a friend of mine. A small 14" inch TV was available only. Nintendo 64 was connected to the TV playing Super Mario 64 intro. It was a magical moment! From 32 bit graphics to 64 bit, plus a free 3D environment in a platform game. It was shocking for me and my friends! I have to say that the transition from a 2D super mario game to 3D was created wonderfully by the developers of Nintendo. We have never seen a game like this one. This is the main reason i put Mario 64 on top of my favourite list! Have to mention also games like Goldeneye 007, Zelda ocarina of time, Banjo Kazooie. Great games, full of nostalgia with good old friends!