• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

What is your favorite horror game?

thart

Reaction score
Fatal Frame 2 is one of my favorite horror games. I love everything about it . The story, the way the background of the town comes together through all the books you read, and although easy their combat was tense largely because the Fatal Frame mechanic works exceptionally well.

Okaviator

Reaction score
My current favourite horror game for mobile would definitely have to be the Five Nights At Freddy's series. The game has so much more depth than what meets the eye. Just watch Game Reviews review Five Nights At Freddy's.

Lindsy90

Reaction score
My favorit horror game is Amnesia is one of the scariest games i've ever played because of how helpless your character is. But after playing for a while it gets tedious and annoying. I want to fight back, i want to burn the castle down or blow the monster up. If feels like my hands are tired because the character i'm playing is more scared than i am.
Eternal Darkness : sainty's requiem is a great combination of helpessness while still empowering the character.
Nearly everyone you play dies in a horrible way hor goes insane an you begin to expect it . You start each level feeling like you're going to die. But along the journey to that death you're able to hold your ground againts the monsters you encounter.

amitkokiladitya

Reaction score
I have never played any horror game. Rather it was for quite sometime that I unaware about their existence as well. I came to know about them through Internet.

None of my friends like to play horror games. Till date I have not personally witnessed anyone playing any horror game.

Clara1993

Reaction score
Hello My Favorite Mobile Horror game is called Another world, The role is about a scientist who ends up in another world then While you try to find your way home a monster cheese you, It's scary and for those who like puzzle Games it also include some Puzzle to solve :)

Lilian Arther

Reaction score
For me , the best horror video game I've ever played was The Last Of Us. It's a master piece!
The story , the graphics , the music, the sound tracks and of course, the adrenalin rush that keeps pumping into your whole body while playing. It's a brilliant game , you guys should try it !
I also would add Resident Evil as my second favorite

alastor1

Reaction score
I love horror games, so it's a little hard for me to choose. Maybe Outlast or Fear 3, I can't decide it. Outlast has a great story behind everything so it's pretty cool, but Fear I think causes more panic on me for that 'zombies' theme, I'm really scared of zombies, thanks God they don't exist

BatmanWayne

Reaction score
I like the Saw: Flesh and Blood game, it is very difficult and I like it because it have a lot of puzzles and references to the movies and it is not like Resident Evil 3 that Nemesis come up everywhere and keep scaring me when I am playing lol.

WarVet

Reaction score
I like the Saw: Flesh and Blood game, it is very difficult and I like it because it have a lot of puzzles and references to the movies and it is not like Resident Evil 3 that Nemesis come up everywhere and keep scaring me when I am playing lol.

I can't seem to enjoy saw games or the Saw story itself. I don't know for me it's much more of visceral horror (Blood and Gore) than the psychological aspect of horror which I think it's much more effective at creating that haunting experience. But that is just my opinion.

TheArticulate

Reaction score
My favorit horror game is Amnesia is one of the scariest games i've ever played because of how helpless your character is. But after playing for a while it gets tedious and annoying. I want to fight back, i want to burn the castle down or blow the monster up. If feels like my hands are tired because the character i'm playing is more scared than i am.
You have great taste! With today's fast-paced gaming environment and popularity of FPS games, I think survival horror games get overlooked quite often. I really enjoyed Amnesia, and I didn't encounter another game like it that I enjoyed as much until I played Outlast. Which, by the way, you should check out if you haven't played it yet!

BatmanWayne

Reaction score
I can't seem to enjoy saw games or the Saw story itself. I don't know for me it's much more of visceral horror (Blood and Gore) than the psychological aspect of horror which I think it's much more effective at creating that haunting experience. But that is just my opinion.
The thing with the saw games it that it could be possible that someone with mental problems kidnap you and torture you than a super giant zombie that can appear everywhere, this is why I like this game, because this could be true.

Sino989

Reaction score
I would have to say that my favorite horror game right now is Until Dawn. IT just came out for free on the PS4 and I'v been playing it for a little while now and it is truly a great game!

valy

Reaction score
Hi Paigeswan, my favorite horror games of all time is Silent Hill 3. A great compelling world and a great immersive environment where the graphic design is a real revolution and the sound design just perfect. Silent Hill 3 is the scariest experiences I had ever had in a game on my PC.
Believe me, if you try it, you will not regret it!

chumzybabe

Reaction score
My best horror game is walking dead, I dnt know is if it pass your description of horror game.

TheArticulate

Reaction score
I would have to say that my favorite horror game right now is Until Dawn. IT just came out for free on the PS4 and I'v been playing it for a little while now and it is truly a great game!
Until Dawn is one of the reasons I want to get a PS4. Recently survival horror games have been my go-to. How is the difficulty of Until Dawn? I'm trying to work through The Evil Within, but I find myself getting stuck periodically on various levels. Definitely much more difficult than I anticipated it being.

Fuzyon

Reaction score
Dead Space is definitely my favorite mobile horror game. Mainly because there aren't many good horror games on this platform but it's also a very well-crafted game with an interesting story and good graphics. Definitely give it a try!

zeedollar

Reaction score
Resident Evil. The game play sends chills down your spine and the action just keeps you going and going, you just don't know if you should stop playing or continue and those zombies are really something. Another one i loved was Dark Amnesia. Who ever made that video game really had some sleeping problems because i couldn't get any sleep myself.

PenguinManiac

Reaction score
That's what I loved the most about Amnesia. Despite the whole setting, it's still pretty darn realistic in that department: if you found yourself in that situation, you coulnd't fight back. You'd run around frightened and lost. Really digged the atmosphere, and definitely my favourite.
Outlast is a good runner-up. I felt so damn tense during the chasing sessions. A little too jumpscare-y for my tastes, but we can't really get a horror game without them, can we?
Speaking of which, has anyone tried Alien: Isolation? I've been thinking about getting it for...quite a while, truth be told.

Pixie06

Reaction score
Amnesia:The Dark Descent was definitely a very good horror game that I played on my PC. I really felt scared at times while walking in this castle but this was a really good experience. I really liked the soundtrack too. I will recommend anyone to play this game.