• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

What heroes do you enjoy playing the most?

pauldox3

Reaction score
Lol dude. Which era are you referring to? Monkey was nerfed a few patches back and it has been a while. He is now a support/offlane hero. His ultimate was changed so as his other skills. His Jingu Mastery was nerfed big time.
HEY!!! YOU GOT A PROBLEM WITH THE KING??!?!!! haha Just kidding. Yeah the king isnt as strong as he used to be. He took a couple of nerfs but i believe he's still pretty much viable. Tree dance was buffed tho which is the first skill i master whenver i play MK so i guess it's allright. I'm also not really a big fan of MK support. I think his base hp and mana pool is too low for someone who has to get into close range in order to do something. But i get where you're coming from, after all, MK isnt loved by everyone :(

djdanilo

Reaction score
My favorites heroes would be, Anti-Mage, Shadow Fiend and Luna. I usually just like to farm and usually play carry for my time so those are the heroes that I like to play, mostly Anti-Mage, because of his abillity to cover ground quickly and clear camps fast with battlefury, but is easily shut down in early game when he is at his weakest.

m33kuh

Reaction score
Lol bro, I was spamming Monkey King when he first release. And I'll tell you, he got me a lot of green days. :D But yeah, I wouldn't really call it a nerf though, maybe balanced is the right term. MK is still pretty solid up until now but he is not the same role as before, where he was a carry and owning big time. Now he is better at offlane. His ultimate is very solid. Also his tree dance is helpful in scouting.

fishmonk

Reaction score
yeah i a
yeah i agree, MK really needs a support who could save his behind from lock downs. MK mid is decent but i'll have to say that he is a side lane carry IMO. Yeah i've also seen pros play MK and the way they played MK is interesting. I saw a vid where miracle played MK and absolutely destroyed everyone by rushing Mask Of madness. I havent tried playing madness MK but i guess if the pros thinks it's a good idea then who am I to judge right hahaha. Well my opinion on MK is quite biased so i guess it's ok if u disagree with me lol alot of people might agree with u tho, my friend once told me that picking MK over usual carries like PA and PL is like trading steak for fried chicken whatever that means.
Pros really like Mask of Madness . I think they are trying to experiment with builds . Having Mask of Madness is fine but I dislike playing against burst heroes with plenty of disables. It makes me think twice before joining a team fight because MK is pretty easy to kill.

m33kuh

Reaction score
^ Pros don't experiment on builds during games. They experiment builds on bots and LAN plays with their teammates. Pro players don't play normal games, they play rank to earn MMR. If you are having a hard time with disables, get BKB or Linken's Sphere.

fishmonk

Reaction score
^ Pros don't experiment on builds during games. They experiment builds on bots and LAN plays with their teammates. Pro players don't play normal games, they play rank to earn MMR. If you are having a hard time with disables, get BKB or Linken's Sphere.
I doubt they use LANs to experiment. With regards to gaining MMR, they do mix it up sometimes.That's the reason how the builds will transition to tournaments. This is the reason there's weird hero picks and item builds even at high MMR range. As you mentioned BKB and linkens are important but there's a timing window to capitalise. Having a 5-second charge BKB too early in the game is definitely bad,

m33kuh

Reaction score
It's about how to use an item or a skill wisely. But I've seen some pretty sick and bold moves and builds from a lot of people and sometimes it works.

cesarmatute

Reaction score
I love playing with Traxex. She's so fast and can attack from a safe distance, causing massive damage just with her arrows. With the weapons and accessories that increase her attack speed and critical damage she's very dangerous. Her frost arrows don't let anyone escape. I wish she wasn't so easy to kill, but i suppose it would be cheating if it wasn't so, ha-ha.

fishmonk

Reaction score
Lol, you must be an old school player. I think drow is like a niche strategy which empowers other lanes thanks to the global aura. She needs to have good aoe crowd control heroes to set up the fights for her.

giovanniiiii

Reaction score
I love playing as Nyx Assassin or Phoenix as I always go by the position of support. What I like about Nyx Assassin is his ability to return the first instance of damage dealt to him by an enemy hero and it's always about reading how your enemies move and attack. Executing a perfect counterattack to heavy nukes is just so satisfying.
I also love playing as Phoenix because of its massive attack speed slow to enemy heroes. I love deceiving them by giving them AS slow and going supernova in the middle of their team, only for them to realize that they are not going to make it if they intend to wreck the egg.

m33kuh

Reaction score
I love playing as Nyx Assassin or Phoenix as I always go by the position of support. What I like about Nyx Assassin is his ability to return the first instance of damage dealt to him by an enemy hero and it's always about reading how your enemies move and attack. Executing a perfect counterattack to heavy nukes is just so satisfying.
I also love playing as Phoenix because of its massive attack speed slow to enemy heroes. I love deceiving them by giving them AS slow and going supernova in the middle of their team, only for them to realize that they are not going to make it if they intend to wreck the egg.
Awesome. It's not everyday we get to see supports or offlaners here. Good job bro. And good picks too! Those are the must-have heroes specially Nyx Assasin. Above 50% pick rate because of his team fight interaction and map awareness. Phoenix is also a good support hero specially if you give him Aghanims.

Blaine019

Reaction score
I enjoy all of the heroes in dota 2 because I can play all of the heroes fine. Don't get me wrong, I can play them fine but I am not good at all of them. hahaha. I prefer the role 2, 3 and any action packed roles.

jay solano

Reaction score
I love playing huskar, he is a long range ganker and carry. He is the only a strength type that can do the same type of job. Still depends upon the player who using it. The more I played that player the more I realized that it had counter opponent could easily destabilize him. My favorite part when I using such character when I'm in the forest to ambush enemies.

Also I love his auto attack, it will focus to the target when you miss your hero or loose visual to you hero while in deep engage. I'm only good with this hero in early game, the rest maybe it depends on situation how someone deal with me.