• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

What do you prefer GTA V on? Console or PC?

Jack

Founding Member
Reaction score
I've only ever played GTA V on console, but I hear it's so much next gen on PC with the mods and graphics. My computer would never be able to run it, so me getting it on PC is out of the question.

Avex

Founding Member
Reaction score
I prefer it on PC due to the abundance of mods available, whereas if you wished to perform and kind of modding on console you're required to jailbreak or jtag which I would rather not do although I've noticed that the users are more on the asshole side on PC.

Jordan

Founder
Senior Admin
Reaction score
I had it on the 360 when it came out. Then I got it for the xbox one when it came out for that. The PC release was to far away for me not to want to play it. Now that it is out for the PC, paying yet another $70 for it would seem pretty insane. Paying $70 three times for the same game? Nah. I think I would much prefer it on the computer though as the online is probably much funner with custom mods.

Patrick

Reaction score
Nah. I think I would much prefer it on the computer though as the online is probably much funner with custom mods.
I'm sure it would be, except you get banned for using any sort of mods in GTA Online. All mods have to be used in Singleplayer only. (source)

I've never had the game on any consoles. My PC and my XBO controller are enough for me to enjoy the game.

Michael

Reaction score
My opinions:
PC:
  • A whole gallery of mods available
  • Controller supported :)
  • Quite fun and like I said.. mods.
Console:
  • Not as much memory hog as on GTA 5
  • Still has good graphics
  • Require J-FAG Xbox

Martin

Reaction score
I'd prefer to play it on PC by far just because of the mods which would make the game a lot more fun - I found it has got fairy boring on the PS4 now. Unfortunately I do not have a PC that could play it.

fcuco

Reaction score
I understand the appeal of mods but GTA V is such a big title that I've never felt the need to expand it somehow with them, for me the game gives me a lot of replay value even as it is without any additional modifications, so the console version is enough for me.

Casiox

Reaction score
I've always played GTA games on PC, but if you're asking me about where it's more enjoyable then I'd say it'd be better on consoles, I do not know, but the fact of playing with the controllers gives the game a better feeling and whatnot, it's better for me, indeed.

christopher murray

Reaction score
I always play Gta on my pc why because it's better to use the mouse & keyboard than the control for most people,however more easy aim and shoot plus driving is excellent.

Referal

Reaction score
GTA on PC better things better mods and everything else ;) also you can move better then if it was on a console

christopher murray

Reaction score
GTA V on PC is more better because the cheat is more easier to put in and the graphics can be max out on it than to max out on xbox.

cgrey

Reaction score
I would have to say PC hands down. Yes, some of the mechanics with driving take a bit to get used to with a keyboard and mouse, but the mods are unreal. I mean I just recently played a mod that turned your character into a police officer that could actually respond to calls. Absolutely changed the entire game for me. I had so much fun that I forgot about continuing the campaign. The PC allows you to place DLC cars in the game early, place modded vehicles into the game, and extend missions. No contest.

Hux

Head Forum Admin
Reaction score
GTA for PC, still use a console but I'd rather it for graphics and the amount of mods.

AntwanCeja

Reaction score
I have never played GTA V on PC but I always hear that the game looks sick.. I obviously haven't played it because my computer is kinda crappy, so playing it on my PC is just out of the question. I have seen videos on Youtube and I realy feel like i would love it even more on PC.

john franklin

Reaction score
I would love to play GTA V on PC. I feel so excited to play it on PC as I feel comfortable with it.There are a lot of features of GTA V that are not available on console. Its processing speed is better on Pc rahter than console.

Hux

Head Forum Admin
Reaction score
I prefer playing GTA V on Steam/PC. I have it for both console and PC but with PC the visuals and performance is much better and I like to add custom cars into the game.

Empire

Reaction score
As an big GTA person here that plays allot of hours and also does mods for the game based it has to be PC since mods aren't supported for other platforms you know.

Yet again I never own an PlayStation or Xbox hahaha But I always be an PC gamer

Salamander Man 2

Reaction score
I don't own gta but I would think that it would be better on pc because of all the stuff you can do with it like mods and others

Jonathan Solomon

Reaction score
I originally played GTA V on a PS3 when it was released. However, this was the period I began building my PC setup. Basically, I was slowly transferring over to PC gaming, leaving consoles alone. Shortly after I bought GTA V for PC and that's where I've been playing ever since. Personally, I prefer it on PC. I think the gameplay overall is a lot smoother on PC compared to console. You also have a lot more customizable options on PC compared to console.

AlexHarris

Reaction score
The PC is definitely better. All of my favorite mods are on the PC like the tsunami mod and the invasion mod. The overall game doesn't feel as laggy and if your computer is good enough it's a great experience vs that of the PlayStation. I'm also just an advocate of PC games anyway since my favorite game genres operate better on a PC.