• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

What are yall opinion on this?

Should we go to war with North Korea?

• Yes, time to remove the mad man from the world.

Votes: 8 36.4%
  • Yes, but only if we must

Votes: 9 40.9%
  • No, (typical tree hugger response)

Votes: 5 22.7%

• Total voters

The Evonation

Reaction score
So recently, North Korea has come under heavy criticism about its nuke program, and their leader threaten us with nukes. Seems like war is a brewing, what are yall thoughts on the matter?

Matt6868

Premium Member
Premium
Reaction score
No, no, no, no and a little more no.

Gray

Gray
Retired Staff
Reaction score
Thing is:

Donald Trump was Threating North Korea before they were Threating you guys.

And I quote from Donald Trumps Twitter

"If China won't deal with North Korea, we will! U.S.A!" -Donald Trump on Twitter.

That's only one of the threats.

Eagle

Reaction score
I say we bomb the shit out of them.

Daytona211

Reaction score
War won't happen. War at least on a nuclear scale will not happen. Becuase they know they launch one we launch one then russia launches one then china launches one so on and so forth. North Korea won't do anything besides thrash there rattle around and talk about how their supreme commander will rule the world.

Also, the only reason north Korea exists is because they were a proxy communist state of China. Communism vs Capitalism is arguably not a concern it has turned more into whom can manufacture. Therefore North Korea will eventually be overthrown once enough members get through the brainwashing (think star wars rebels style vs the empire except alot more starving people and no jedi).

Fordo

Reaction score
Another war to just increase our debt is useless. #AmericaFirst #Anti-Globalism

Georgia/Fragger

IM Server Admin
Reaction score
Another war to just increase our debt is useless. #AmericaFirst #Anti-Globalism

Though I do agree with the whole increase the debt, it ultimately wouldn't put a major impact on our economy. If we did get involved we wouldn't risk an all out invasion, most likely deploy more forces to the border than destroy all of their infrastructure with rockets, bombs, etc (Basically what we did to Japan in WW2) while this is occuring we'd most likely blockade the entire peninsula meaning nothing could get in or out. Plus debt honestly doesn't matter to the US, people say debt like it plays a massive impact on our lives, and maybe in some part sure. But we have the highest GDP out of any country (GDP Overall is about 18.5 Tril, but GDP Per Capita is 57,294k.). Another war with Korea wouldn't have anywhere near a major impact. Plus in a War time economy would greatly benefit the US. If you want examples WW1, WW2, etc. So don't sit there and say the we'd destroy our economy. We're a super power, we get involved deal with it.

Fordo

Reaction score
Though I do agree with the whole increase the debt, it ultimately wouldn't put a major impact on our economy. If we did get involved we wouldn't risk an all out invasion, most likely deploy more forces to the border than destroy all of their infrastructure with rockets, bombs, etc (Basically what we did to Japan in WW2) while this is occuring we'd most likely blockade the entire peninsula meaning nothing could get in or out. Plus debt honestly doesn't matter to the US, people say debt like it plays a massive impact on our lives, and maybe in some part sure. But we have the highest GDP out of any country (GDP Overall is about 18.5 Tril, but GDP Per Capita is 57,294k.). Another war with Korea wouldn't have anywhere near a major impact. Plus in a War time economy would greatly benefit the US. If you want examples WW1, WW2, etc. So don't sit there and say the we'd destroy our economy. We're a super power, we get involved deal with it.

I would suggest watching this. The economy may not be immediately in danger, but this documentary is something I would suggest watching in full. It will show and essentially prove that our debts and deficits are the largest issue in regards to our country. I believe this came out in 2008, and now our debt has nearly doubled, as well as our debt exceeding our GDP. By 2040 our debt will double our GDP.

Georgia/Fragger

IM Server Admin
Reaction score
I would suggest watching this. The economy may not be immediately in danger, but this documentary is something I would suggest watching in full. It will show and essentially prove that our debts and deficits are the largest issue in regards to our country. I believe this came out in 2008, and now our debt has nearly doubled, as well as our debt exceeding our GDP. By 2040 our debt will double our GDP.

The Economy is not constant, it changes. But again, this would not change if we got involved in another conflict. That being said I'm not saying we should but what I am saying is it wouldn't change it that much.

The Evonation

Reaction score
Very well said.

Scotty

The One and Only
Premium
Reaction score
I'm currently stationed here in Korea and I'd say thee is about a 60/40 chance of us going to war with North Korea, both the US, South Korea and China are tired of them, and neither china nor the US/South Korea wants nukes on the peninsula. That being said I wouldn't mind going to war with them. But it is not happening tomorrow or anytime soon unless they do something stupid. VP Pence is suppose to come to South Korea at some point this week and do some political Mumbo jumbo

If we did declare war on them we would do what we always do. Arty the heck out of them, then send in the airforce to bomb the heck out of them, then arty them again, then send in infantry to get the remains. But in reality we would mostly use artillery and let the ROK Army do most of the fighting.

Vector

Reaction score
War with Korea should only be supported if it's absolutely to the security of our nation or interests. Even then, I don't see a full scale invasion as necessary. All we need is like Scotty said, artillery and air support. China and South Korea can take care of the rest. No need to put American lives at risk for that.

Daytona211

Reaction score
Once again Korea can't do shit (as evident by the failed strikes) just watch them crumble

Scotty

The One and Only
Premium
Reaction score
War with Korea should only be supported if it's absolutely to the security of our nation or interests. Even then, I don't see a full scale invasion as necessary. All we need is like Scotty said, artillery and air support. China and South Korea can take care of the rest. No need to put American lives at risk for that.
China wouldn't invade North Korea they'd most likely stage troops on their border to gather refugees

Vector

Reaction score
China wouldn't invade North Korea they'd most likely stage troops on their border to gather refugees
I highly doubt China would take refugees from Korea. That'd be a huge drain for them.

Scotty

The One and Only
Premium
Reaction score
I highly doubt China would take refugees from Korea. That'd be a huge drain for them.
I'm currently in Korea and have more intel in what is going on than you do, I'm In the army. And you a United States civilian halfway across the globe are telling me that you know more about what is going on in the location that I am physically at than I do?
You know what if that is what you want to believe then go ahead man I won't stop you.

Daytona211

Reaction score
@Scotty
898ce4e99892ad6a975217dc5940c9c5.jpg

Just because you are in the military doesn't mean you handle international politics. I live in the US. I am closer to Cuba than you, therefore, I know that Cuba is ging to drop communism and join the union as the 51st state. (That is hyperbole I understand what you mean but there's no need to be a dick to Vector about it)

@Vector
As the whole refugee thing, it really depends. North Korea ATM has very secure borders and not a lot of people escape and some do not even want to escape due to the state propaganda they have been fed. China most likely would step in if North Korea started taking serious steps in the path of war instead of just rattling their saber (think to cross the DMZ with guns now that is an issue). So if a war broke out (which it won't) I would imagine most north Koreans either wouldn't want to or wouldn't be ale to get out of the country.

but what do I know @Scotty is our local expert on western Asian politics. Speaking of which can you explain to me why South Korea's technology is so fucking advanced I hear they have like 10 GB upload. That's some crazy shit right there.

But in all seriousness thanks for your service. Stay safe in this tense time

Mace

Super Moderator
Reaction score
They would definitely take refugees
Then harvest their organs the next day