• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

Thoughts on Micro-transactions

Are Micro-transactions good for gaming?

• Total voters

user238

Reaction score
I don't actually have a problem with Mirco Transactions except when they are PvP types of situations where you are forced to buy more stuff in order to stay competitive.

But, then I guess that's just real life and what are games except for a quick look into real life? The fact is that in real life, if you spend more money you get more toys and with those toys you can do more damage, I mean look at the USA's military budget right?

Yes, yes I know games are games, and its not fair, but you always have the choice to just not play. I think its ridiculous that I've dropped over 3k into LoL JUST for skins. They literally do NOTHING for the game, but there I go spending tons of cash into something that makes my characters look a little different.

Zyni

Reaction score
I agree with a lot of what's been said already. I don't mind paying something, but I hate pay to win.

I also think that micro-transactions should be micro, as in small. Some are, but some of the prices are a bit much.

For WoW, you buy to play, pay a sub to keep playing, and they have a cash shop on top of it. Many of their "micro" transactions are $25.00 or more. The cash grab gets old.