• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

The Walking Dead season 1 & 2

Bremaine

Reaction score
Has anyone played these two games yet? I remember getting the first episode for season 1 and I didn't expect much, but I kept playing and buying each episode and at the end I realized it was one of the best games I ever played in terms of story. Season 1 ended in such a way that I really felt depressed. Season 2 ended in a similar fashion and I really loved how things are going in this series. What do you expect to see happen for season 3? No spoilers please, some people have yet to play it.

Anyways, I will go as far and say this is far superior to the show in every single way. What do you think?

Ridge

Reaction score
Season 1 hit me hard as a father. I've never had a game affect me as much as Season 1 of The Walking Dead did.

Season 2 didn't pack quite the same punch, but was still a very entertaining exerperience overall. Definitely worth picking up for anyone who hasn't.

Avex

Founding Member
Reaction score
"So many feels" sums up my whole experience with many more to come. It's a great game, can't wait for the next seasons to come out. Whoever hasn't bought it yet, what are you doing?! Go get it!

insertkittyface

Reaction score
I guess the best way to describe the game without giving anything away would be that it's pretty intense and emotional. it's one of those games that's definitely well worth it.

TheViper

Reaction score
I've played and watched both on youtube. The simple fact is that Season One had me crying like a baby and ruined me for a couple of weeks. Then I had Season Two rolled around and it was really awesome but didn't pack that emotional punch like Season One. Though, if I had to say which season was better then it was obviously season two. The character development and everything was so much more then Season One. I think the Season One presented itself a little bit better though.

Martin

Reaction score
Season one was an emotional roller coaster. I loved it. Not got around to season 2 just yet but I will do soon and I am sure I will like it just as much.

Michael

Reaction score
I never got to finsh Season one. I stayed away from TWD because of the whole thing and I thought Episode 1 was emotional. Makes a grown man cry ;(

Obi

Reaction score
I never got to finish Season one. I stayed away from TWD because of the whole thing and I thought Episode 1 was emotional. Makes a grown man cry ;(

I know it's a bit of a late reply but you really should finish it. The game's really good and the second season has much better controls. Though t will definitely make you cry, I was bawling at the end of both seasons...

Okay, maybe don't finish it

Honeymoon

Reaction score
I've been wanting to play this for a while now. It's such a shame that you have to pay (I know, I'm such a cheapskate, I'm sorry). I'm a huge fan of The Walking Dead (both the TV and Comic series) so this game is amazing. I just don't know if I want to pay for them yet since if you convert the cost to my currency it's pretty expensive. Reading the comments here, it's probably worth it though. But if anything I guess I could just watch some Youtubers play the game.

Xilkozuf

Reaction score
Never watched the show or read the comic so I wasn't really sure what to expect playing the games. I really liked them.
Season 1 was by far the better game: it had a lot of emotional moments, powerful scenes, likable characters and one of the best and saddest ending ever.
Season 2, otherwise... It was nice but I don't really remember anything about it, but I liked the development of.. that character from season 1 (won't say his name to not spoil).

Lord Sanity

Reaction score
Oh God!
why do I have to remember the sadness the Eternal sadness playing season 1.
It's just so freaking sad but at the same time it's so good.
And season 2 only expanded upon the sadness that I felt in season 1.
This game does not care about your feelings. It's so good I would recommend anyone play these games they are phenomenal.

megaman93

Reaction score
I haven't played season 2 but season 1 was great! I love the show, so being able to play in that universe with another group was really exciting. The plot was just amazing. Hopefully I get the chance to play season 2.

TheArticulate

Reaction score
The Walking Dead was my first real experience with a interactive story type of game, and I was absolutely blown away by it. I found myself so attached to the characters, and at times I was terrified to even make certain decisions because of how it may affect the story and the characters. Telltale did a great job an keeping me engrossed in the story from start to finish.

I played the second season of course, but I don't remember it as well as I do the first. I should probably go back and give it a second playthrough.

overcast

Reaction score
I think the first game in the series was a bit grimy. Then it followed the same path as the movie for second season. Nothing challenging though. But I'd say the first game definitely packs the punch and is worth going forward to. There's also mods for first game which are worth playing if you want more action.

BeardedMamba

Reaction score
It's a great game, and kind of emotional. I like the decision making, I feel connected to the characters, at first I was hesitant about this game and thought that it might suck. They proved me wrong, it's a great game and is recommended.

Lexi

Reaction score
Even if the game itself wasn't like others, it put me on an emotional rollercoaster. When I though something would go a certain way, it didn't. And I loved it for it! It's a gripping game, the story is fantastic and will hook you. I recommend it, I promise you won't be able to put it down.

chumzybabe

Reaction score
I think I will agree with you, its one of the best games I have ever played, I watched the movies and liked it, that was one of the reasons I went for the game.

Neiltarquin

Reaction score
Ive never played the game of a negative experience playing the game on mobile. It was horrible. But with those comment I've read, I'm thinking of giving it another try. Maybe after i have finish a rerun of Silent Hill

arachnophobik

Reaction score
I've played season 1 to season 3, and yes I loved the series to bits. I actually love it more than the show, and if I recall correctly, the game is actually canon to the comics. The only thing I hated was the ending of season 3. I thought it could've been better, a lot better. Season 1 and 2 had amazing endings and made me respect the game so much, but season 3 was such a let down in the end.

zeedollar

Reaction score
The series is actually captivating and keeps you on the edge of you seat all through, but cant really say that much for the game. I downloaded it at one point but had to delete because it was not what i expected to see. Anyway that was a longtime now, i guess i will probably give it another shot. Hopefully i will love it this time.