• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

The next Elder Scroll game

TsuyoyRival

Reaction score
Hi, I'm TsuyoyRival. Today I want to talk about The Elder Scroll saga. I never played the Oblivion, but the Skyrim game was one of the best games I've ever played.
The concept of using magic and melee weapons, the storyline, the amazing graphics that gave us a look at a realistic and amazing icy world.
What is the next step for Bethesda? Are they upping their game, or just making a small improve?
Thinking of possible ways to go, maybe now is time for expanding the map, new scenarios and maybe some other folklore monsters and heroes, besides the Dovakhin storyline.

Last edited:

Denis_P

Reaction score
There isn't much more to this besides rumors and wishful thinking by the community, but a lot of people are thinking that the Elder Scrolls VI is going to take place in Valenwood. For those who are not too familiar with the lore of the Elder Scrolls games, Valenwood is a province in the south-western region of Tamriel. Much like how Cyrodiil is home to the Imperials, and Skyrim is home to the Nords, Valenwood is the home of the Bosmer or the Wood Elves.

A lot of people think that this is the direction the game is headed. I personally have no idea. Tamriel is huge so it could go anywhere. Could be Valenwood, could be Black Marsh which is home to the Argonians.

TsuyoyRival

Reaction score
There isn't much more to this besides rumors and wishful thinking by the community, but a lot of people are thinking that the Elder Scrolls VI is going to take place in Valenwood. For those who are not too familiar with the lore of the Elder Scrolls games, Valenwood is a province in the south-western region of Tamriel. Much like how Cyrodiil is home to the Imperials, and Skyrim is home to the Nords, Valenwood is the home of the Bosmer or the Wood Elves.

A lot of people think that this is the direction the game is headed. I personally have no idea. Tamriel is huge so it could go anywhere. Could be Valenwood, could be Black Marsh which is home to the Argonians.
I'm looking forward to that! Thank you for your reply!

Xilkozuf

Reaction score
I seriously hope it's actually Black Marsh, because since Morrowind they are always my race of choice. I don't know why... I just like them, they looks cool, they can breath underwater, they are immune to diseases...
And I would really love to explore their homeland. I think the setting will be similar to Morrowind, and way different than the snowlands of Skyrim. We'll see.

TheArticulate

Reaction score

There's something about the Argonian and Kahjiit races that I really like. Maybe it's because they're significantly different from the typical orc/elf/human choices that usually present in RPG's. I definitely wouldn't mind seeing an Elder Scrolls game take place in the Black Marsh. Could be a really interesting setup for a story, in my opinion. Until then, I guess I'll have to back and grind through Oblivion again. Not that I'm complaining!

WarVet

Reaction score
It depends really. Bethesda isn't known for the old "Repeat the same old games with better graphics" trend. So I think they'll most likely come up with something new. Now, what will that be is a mystery. Skyrim was already a complete game in terms of folklore and creatures. I think they could launch storylines for other races like the orcs and the Kahjilt instead of centering the storylines around factions.

Last edited:

TsuyoyRival

Reaction score
It depends really. Bethesda is known for the old "Repeat the same old games with better graphics" trend. So I think they'll most likely come up with something new. Now, what will that be is a mystery. Skyrim was already a complete game in terms of folklore and creatures. I think they could launch storylines for other races like the orcs and the Kahjilt instead of centering the storylines around factions.
That is pretty interesting thought. To be honest i was really into the humanoid form, maybe it will be my turn to try other races :)

WarVet

Reaction score
That is pretty interesting thought. To be honest i was really into the humanoid form, maybe it will be my turn to try other races :)

Yeah. What Skyrim did was put you as the Dovakhin regardless of race you would have to follow the same quest lines. Now imagine if depending on the race you chose you had different quests available. This way we would not only have factions quests to choose from but also racial quests. Imagine the orcs struggling to control human strongholds? It would be a cool setting. (By the way, i meant Bethesda ISN'T know for making copy-paste games. Already fixed it)

Deathisue

Reaction score
I hope that the next delivery will come with new innovative systems and that in the can be seen the other sectors of Tamriel and all its beauty, I hope you show us what happened with the Nerevarine and all the mysteries that the next delivery can show us.

fishmonk

Reaction score
I wished you could import your character from Skyrim. If they could add that feature, it would be great to have some continuity for my character. I hope Bethesda does not mess things up like how Bioware did with Mass Effect: Andromeda.

Last edited:

Xilkozuf

Reaction score
I wished you could import your character from Skyrim. If they could add that feature, it would be great to have some continuity for my character. I hope Bethesda does not mess things up like how Bioware did with Mass Effect: Andromeda.

I wouldn't like to have the option to import my Skyrim character. It's a closed chapter in my opinion, his or her story is done in Skyrim, and Skyrim alone. Like Skyrim didn't offer the possibility to import the Oblivion character, and Oblivion didn't offer the option to import from Morrowind.
I want a new character, with a new story and a fresh new beginning! But well... my character will be an Argonian anyway, that's the only sure thing.

Deathisue

Reaction score
Bethesda is not recognized for its plot line or the continuity of their stories, they can innovate a lot each year but each story is different in different time lines, even so it is a great company that creates great games.

JaiGuru

Reaction score
I'm personally hoping for a trip to Elswyr. I love those Khajiit and I'd love to see more about where they come from. In each game they're always a people either on the move or bound in chains, but never are they truly in their element. I would love to see the cities a race of cat-people would build, to see the gods they worship, and the troubles they get themselves into.