• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

The Evil Within

Bremaine

Reaction score
This is out today in the US and it's getting pretty decent reviews. From what I saw it looks like a new version of Resident Evil 4, from the gameplay and everything. I want to play it as it looks really good, but I'm a wimp when it comes to survival horror games. I saw some previews and I doubt I'd be able to play this game alone. Haha! But seriously, who here got their copy today? How was it? And if you have yet to get it, will you at some point?

Avex

Founding Member
Reaction score
I was able to participate in the closed beta and from what I played of it, it's great. I definitely plan on buying it as soon as I have the spare money. I don't think it'll end up being as scary as Outlast however, man that game hurt me a lot.

insertkittyface

Reaction score
I don't play a lot of scary games but this is one I'm definitely considering buying just because I've heard a lot of good things about it, and I've seen a tiny bit of game play and it just looks absolutely fantastic.

TheViper

Reaction score
This game is definitely great as it stands. Though, I wouldn't consider it necessarily a scary game for the most part. Don't get me wrong on the fact that there are parts that cause you to jump or go into a state of panic. As a whole it just isn't that scary to me.

ducklord

Reaction score
I've got a different question to ask, not if it's worth getting, if it is worth buying, but "where is it better to play it?"!

You see, I have already got the game installed in my PlayStation 3, where I checked it out and liked it. But I've also got it for PC, as a present from a friend. But here's the thing, I don't have any free space on my PCs HDD to install it! Yep, First World Problems here. I've got so many things crammed in there where the choice becomes:

I can play the game right now on my PlayStation 3

OR

I can play the game sometime in the future on my PC

So, is it better on the PC and, if yes, is it THAT different, or am I not missing anything if I played it right now on my PlayStation 3? Is there any different content? Are the graphics too different (I guess that, well, yep, they should be)?

Martin

Reaction score
I played through a bit of it and couldn't get into it. Maybe I was just having an off day but I couldn't get into it. Anyone had the same sort of problem? I will have to give it a try again soon.

Michael

Reaction score
Scared the living hell out of me when playing on the Xbox One but more enjoyable in the dark. I know spooky right? I found this game to be cool and very interesting.