• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

The Escapists

Status
Not open for further replies.

zanderlex

Reaction score
Review of The Escapists

Game Information
Software: PC
Company: Mouldy Toof Studios
Release Date: 03/13/2015

The Escapists is simply one of the best PC games that I have ever played. I remember watching JackSepticEye play this game on his channel and after watching just one video I knew that I had to get my hands on the game, and once I did get it, I never regretted the decision.

The game starts off with you picking an inmate for you to play as and then you get to change the names of other inmates and officers, and once you're all settled in, you need to escape the prison that you are placed in and you need to try to get out as quickly as you can. It's not as easy as it looks, for each prison there's dozens of different ways for you to escape, hundreds of items, and even more ways for you to get caught which is what makes the game so much fun and addicting.

The graphics of the game are pretty good, especially for an indie game and gives off some sort of a retro feel kind of like some older Pokemon games. Just because it looks old doesn't mean it's bad, it's the complete opposite of bad really.

This is the kind of game where you can find yourself playing for hundreds of hours non stop because there's so much for you to do. It might take you multiple hours just to escape from the easiest prison for the first time, but you might want to play in the same prison again and try to escape using a different method and you won't be bored doing that because it's a lot of fun.

Overall Rating

Music 5/5
Graphics 4/5
Fun 5/5
Depth 5/5
Overall 4.75/5

binaryteck

Reaction score
I have never seen this game but willing to try it out from the review

Gladdy

Reaction score
I got this game on my Xbox 360. It was really cheap on one of the sales, like 70% from the original price. It is a fun indie game that challenges you in many ways. I enjoyed beating up the guards way too much, haha.

I like how you have to find creative ways of escaping the prison. The game doesn't hold your hand and guide you for 30 minutes. Initially, when you first begin playing you have a short tutorial but that's it. You're on your own. You can combine different objects and items and make completely new things.

Did anybody try any of The Escapists DLC's? Like the Alcatraz? I'd love to know if it's worth buying.

Status
Not open for further replies.