• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

The Cow Level aka: Rainbow Level

Saffy

Reaction score
Anyone been to it? I'm sure if you play the game a lot, you have, most players have! The place really hurts my brain though! Do you enjoy this level when you get there? I personally think it's not worth it anymore, less loot, less gold drops, and it's not as fun because of that.

Now they have goblins that create a port and take you there, I just got one the other day on my seasonal crusader the other day..

Killing unicorns, flowers, and teddy bears!!!

In case no one has seen it, well you could google it but here's a screenshot too..
Screenshot075.jpg

Avex

Founding Member
Reaction score
What on Earth? I've never played Diablo but this level seems like a level designer got bored one day, "Hey! Hey guys! I have a great idea! Let the player kill unicorns and flowers and stuff?!", "Yeah that's a great idea!".

Might get it soon anyway, it looks alright.

Saffy

Reaction score
yes, it's very very odd, blizzard does some funny things in their games, I swear. You also loot from clouds and pots of gold and pinatas. I think someone was on something when they created that lol Here's a screenshot of the map back when I first went through there on my wizard...

Screenshot009.jpg

it's not a bad game, it can get boring sometimes but when you have friends to play with it isn't too bad. If you get it, I have a clan you can join if interested.

Avex

Founding Member
Reaction score
I'll most likely purchase it next week sometime, hopefully. I'd gladly join your clan as well.

Deedubs

Reaction score
I have been there and its almost too fun killing all the teddies, unicorns and happy murderous flowers. I also think that its not worth the effort of finding the portal or killing a large amount of goblins. Best thing I found in there was a legendary blacksmith recipe, which turned out to be for a different class anyway.

Saffy

Reaction score
It's in the game still, you can still craft the staff I have the mats still anyways.. they just made it harder to farm the stuff. It can be fun to kill them but yeah I don't really think it's worth it anymore. It used to give you a lot of stuff and I got legendaries from there back in the day but now it barely gives you anything I guess because it's so easy to get there... and yeah I've never farmed the goblins for this place or the treasure place I just come across them all the time for this place. It isn't worth it to farm them at all I never get anything from there anymore but it can be a fun place sometimes even though it hurts my brain

Deedubs

Reaction score
Hahaha yeah I think it hurts everyone's brain. The only time I have found it by killing goblins was when I was trying to get some legendaries for my witch doctor and it popped up. My friend and I just couldn't stop laughing when we found it.

Saffy

Reaction score
lol I found it with a goblin while leveling my seasonal and no Ray thought they removed it but it's still there

tournique

Reaction score
I won't say that the drop rates are pretty exciting but this level is just awesome. Really didn't expect to encounter such a bonus level (not reading about it before) and it was a pleasant surprise.

RobertNick

Reaction score
I like it, and Whimsyshire has good loot.
Not a lot, but you can get rather decent legendaries out there. Me and three friends tried it a couple times about a week ago and found 4. I guess it's about as good as Act III on a good day, maybe better, but not by much.

Deedubs

Reaction score
I have found it 3 more times since the last and found my favourite item in the game, it's a dagger in the form of a hamburger. It has shoddy stats compared to my other weapons but its still funny to use

Bluesman

Reaction score
Yeah, I found it by myself and had a lot of giggles. I am a fan of original Diablo series so I knew the reference and wasn't thrown off. Instead I was laughing my ass off ;)

Saffy

Reaction score
yeah I think it's silly.. never knew much about the original diablo

Deedubs

Reaction score
Originally, in Diablo, the cow level was a myth that sort of made its way into the heads of many gamers minds. It was said you could go to the magical land of 'The Secret Cow Level' (know now as Whimsydale) by clicking the cows found by a river near Tristram . Later on in Daiblo 2, Blizzard put a actual cow level in which could be accessed by combining Wirt's Leg and a Tomb of Town Portal ( Here is a link to the battle.net page on it if your interested: http://classic.battle.net/diablo2exp/quests/cow.shtml ).

Michael

Reaction score
As a former Diablo player, I have never been to this level but it sounds really.. interesting and going to do some research on it and see what's it about. I only played Diablo 3

OursIsTheFury

Reaction score
I played D2 a lot and the cow level has been nerfed a lot through the years. At first, it was a fun secret level that had lots of enemies and loot, but people kept exploiting it for leveling and Blizzard had to add a patch that made it so that you can only enter it once per difficulty level. That sucks because a lot of good items drop in that area, and by doing the update you remove an entire area where people can farm items before they go for the most difficult level.