• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

The best games deals that have been found.

Deathisue

Reaction score
We have all gone through a situation in which for example we go by steam and out of nowhere comes an incredible offer and we weigh no more than to spend our money and is a feeling so overwhelming, tell me what have been your best offers.

Xilkozuf

Reaction score
Well Steam have a lot of good sales - and sometime for a few minutes they have made some mistakes in the past, like putting a game at -90% when the discount should have been lower. Usually it's pretty hard to buy game in such situations, since you have to be connected at the time and probably there will be a lot of people.
Good deals are the free games that offer Origin from time to time: they are often pretty old, but some years ago they offered the full edition of The Sims 2 - along with all the expansion - for free.
And then there are the various bundle: the Humble Monthly is great, the Bundle Bundles are often pretty good, and now there is even Shadow Warrior offered for free - and it's an insanely good game.

JaiGuru

Reaction score
I got GameMaker Studio from the humble bundle for a song a little while ago. While not technically a game, it is a semi-expensive piece of software for a hobbyist coder who never expects to sell anything. I've been waiting to see Studio 2.0 show up somewhere. I've seen it on Steam during the summer sale but it was only a 25% discount. That's not bad, really, but it wasn't enough to compel me to pull the trigger on it.

OursIsTheFury

Reaction score
I got these games for free because of promos or special deals. Zero money exchanged. I got Shadow Warrior, Killing Floor, Payday 2, Limbo, as well as a bunch of indie games that are pretty good as well. It's all about watching out for emails from sites and then getting the codes that they were giving out. It's that simple. You get a free game, and you can sell the cards for some Steam credit.

Soulwatcher

Reaction score
The best gaming deal I found was on ebay. It was when the PS2 was still popular. Someone put up 20 games and 2 controllers with no reserve and a $5 starting price. I bid $5 and one I was so shocked and much to my surprise the guy shipped me the games and controllers.

JoeMilford

Reaction score
Thanks, everyone, for these suggestions. As a player who is returning to gaming after many years, this helps me in building my collection back up and in finding new gaming options on my pretty fixed budget.

Yukibana

Reaction score
The Steam sales have always been my primary source of games for cheap, since they offer quality games at (ridiculously) low prices. The Humble Bundles are also good to look out for, with the added advantage of benefiting charity as well. Without these I probably wouldn't have amassed such a library of games.

kenoobie

Reaction score
Steam sales, free to play ccgs and limited time free games from steam is what my library is currently composed of now. I got a few games from the recent steam summer sale and I could say it was worth every buck since you get quality games at a high discount.

giovanniiiii

Reaction score
I consider a good game deal only if the price is cut down by at least a half, or its previous franchises are bundled into one package with a discount too. I rarely see interesting bundles or sales from Steam nowadays and I haven't seen my favorite games go on sale for 50% or higher so far. It would also be better if they give discounts on in-game items too!

valy

Reaction score
Well I have not found too many deals on Steam, they have to discount offers on the summer sales ( or the other season) but I have missed this summer and I haven't bought any game yet because my Steam library is full and I have a lot of stored games on my PC and my phone as well.

PenguinManiac

Reaction score
No better deal than a free game, right? Origin has made great giveaways so far, with Dragon Age: Origins and Mass Effect. Uplay (Ubisoft) giveaway last year during the Ubi30 promotion was absolutely insane, though: Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time, Splinter Cell, Rayman Origins, The Crew, Beyond Good and Evil, Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon, and Assassin’s Creed III, all for free.

ZXD22

Reaction score
A huge game bundle at a yard sale. Basically pay 20$ and I got 50 PS2 games ranging from Need for speed to a couple GTA games. One of the best deals I have ever done in person.

kenoobie

Reaction score
No better deal than a free game, right? Origin has made great giveaways so far, with Dragon Age: Origins and Mass Effect. Uplay (Ubisoft) giveaway last year during the Ubi30 promotion was absolutely insane, though: Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time, Splinter Cell, Rayman Origins, The Crew, Beyond Good and Evil, Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon, and Assassin’s Creed III, all for free.

I didn't know of this. You're lucky you get to have all these good titles for free.