• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

Steam Summer Sale Wrap-up

TheArticulate

Reaction score
With the 2017 Steam Summer Sale coming to an end, what kind of deals did you get away with? Did you finally get those games that have been on your wishlist forever? Or did you snag something you didn't expect to get? And what about the trading cards and stickers, did you complete your summer sale badge?

I usually pace myself every sale and just get a couple games while trying not to spend more than $20 or so. This sale I purchased Firewatch, Life is Strange, and Killing Floor 2. Ended up spending a little more than my budgeted amount, but nothing terrible.

I also make it a goal to get a badge for every sale Steam does that offers badges. Just a pride thing, I guess, but I made sure to complete the summer sale badge this year to add to my collection!

Denis_P

Reaction score
I got a couple of things for myself and some friends. I bought Dark Souls 2, even though I played it and never plan on playing it again, but the slot between Dark Souls 1 and 3 in my Steam library just felt so empty. Besides that I got Shadow of Mordor, Counter-Strike: Global Offensive, and Portal 2. Then on the side I got some Fallout and The Elder Scrolls stuff as gifts for some friends, and a copy of Dark Souls 3 for a close friend because I love to watch him suffer.

Gladdy

Reaction score
Ah, I got the Killing Floor 2 on PS4 for free as part of the PS+, is it worth playing?

I have bought myself This War of Mine and the S.T.A.L.K.E.R - wanted to play both of them for ages so I am pretty happy with the purchases. I've bought the Left 4 Dead bundle for my friend because he has never played it before and I loved it! Even though it's a bit old, it's still a high-quality zombie/survival game.

And I don't collect the cards and badges. I always end up selling them :p I am constantly surprised how much extra money I can make with them...

Jog

Community Supervisor
Reaction score
I legit got nothing unfortunately. I'm not that into buying games anymore as I am pretty contempt with what I currently have and considering this upcoming fall will be the busiest time in my life I won't have much time for gaming so anything I currently have can suffice.

Steam Sale did offer some interesting deals tho, and I saw some games I asked Jordan to put on GR Store for when it is released. Those games being Carrier Deck simulator and 9-1-1 Operator.

TheArticulate

Reaction score
Ah, I got the Killing Floor 2 on PS4 for free as part of the PS+, is it worth playing?

I have bought myself This War of Mine and the S.T.A.L.K.E.R - wanted to play both of them for ages so I am pretty happy with the purchases. I've bought the Left 4 Dead bundle for my friend because he has never played it before and I loved it! Even though it's a bit old, it's still a high-quality zombie/survival game.

And I don't collect the cards and badges. I always end up selling them :p I am constantly surprised how much extra money I can make with them...
I haven't played Killing Floor 2 yet as I'm wrapping up a hectic week at work. My friends and I binged the first Killing Floor when we were in high school, so I'm hoping Tripwire doesn't let me down with this one. I heard good things about it from my friends, though.

OursIsTheFury

Reaction score
We had the same haul, although I got Killing Floor 2 for free because it was on a promotional day or something that the devs made. I got Firewatch, Life Is Strange (played 1 episode and I figured I'd get the rest), Ori and the Blind Forest, Brothers: A Tale of 2 Sons, Portals 1 and 2, Talos Principle, and Tomb Raider. I had like $10 going in, and I sold cards that I got for free to add to that, and I ended up with this haul. Not pretty bad since I just kept selling the cards for the sale.

nickdamon

Reaction score
This time around I got Squad and Grand Theft Auto V. This makes the 3rd time I've bought GTA... but I really wanted it for PC since I got a new rig. Also.. don't judge... but I got the lego HP series too. It was super cheap and I thought it would help my nostalgic-want to play the older HP EA games... alas.. it didn't help. :sob:

OursIsTheFury

Reaction score
This time around I got Squad and Grand Theft Auto V. This makes the 3rd time I've bought GTA... but I really wanted it for PC since I got a new rig. Also.. don't judge... but I got the lego HP series too. It was super cheap and I thought it would help my nostalgic-want to play the older HP EA games... alas.. it didn't help. :sob:
There's been fan backlash against GTA as of late, right? Regarding the modding community being banned or something. People downvoted the game to hell at last I checked it was around 10% approval. They retracted their previous update, and now things are normal again, but I hate how these companies just think they can do whatever they want and get away with it. Not today, not with a very social and vocal gaming community, that is.

nickdamon

Reaction score
There's been fan backlash against GTA as of late, right? Regarding the modding community being banned or something. People downvoted the game to hell at last I checked it was around 10% approval. They retracted their previous update, and now things are normal again, but I hate how these companies just think they can do whatever they want and get away with it. Not today, not with a very social and vocal gaming community, that is.
Yes. I think it's pretty crappy that Rockstar won't provide the mods people want for online servers to take their game to the next level. so when the people finally add their own creativity to the game they ban it? Seems stupid to me. However, there's a mod called FiveM that hasn't been banned and it's really awesome with tons of active servers. It's mostly GTA Role Play though. But you can do things like get jobs and buy houses and go in buildings and whatnot.

OursIsTheFury

Reaction score
Yes. I think it's pretty crappy that Rockstar won't provide the mods people want for online servers to take their game to the next level. so when the people finally add their own creativity to the game they ban it? Seems stupid to me. However, there's a mod called FiveM that hasn't been banned and it's really awesome with tons of active servers. It's mostly GTA Role Play though. But you can do things like get jobs and buy houses and go in buildings and whatnot.
It's because they're not making a profit off it, even though people actually play the game longer - and even buy it entirely sometimes - because of the game's modding community. Bethesda tried to monetize mods twice now for their benefit, while GTA doesn't want it entirely. These companies really hate it when their players use their products for their own amusement, which is a shame since it's what games are for.

kenoobie

Reaction score
I bought Borderlands 2 GOTY edition and Transistor since its really cheap. Currently playing and enjoying borderlands with friends. I haven't tried the DLC maps yet though but I am looking forward to them since I felt that the main story is too short.