• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

Steam games

Beverly

Reaction score
Since getting my new computer, I have gone a little over board buying and downloading Steam games so much so that it's maxed out my internet. It's been fun trying some of these games out on computer as the experience is usually different than console.

I am still considering buying games such as Assassins Creed games, though I have this on console. Also, I want The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim. Is the experience of playing Skyrim on computer comparable to Xbox 360 or other consoles?

Squigly

Reaction score
In both the case of PC and console the UI for Skyrim is pretty clunky. Good news for the PC is that you can download mods to streamline it, not too sure about whether you can do so for the console version. Other than that, I don't really think that there's much of a difference unless you're really into player-made mods in Skyrim on the PC.

Anyway the best tip for Steam games: only buy on the last day of winter/summer sales or wait for a decent HumbleBundle. It'll save you a fortune in the long run.

Esharion

Reaction score
While there is little difference, what really sells the PC version of Skyrim for me is the modding capability. There's an incredible variety of things you can do to tweak the game, with graphic overhauls, quality of life modifications, quests, characters, and so on. A large part of Bethesda's games are usually the mods that you can apply. One of the more incredible ones is the Skywind mod, in which this guy is trying to remake Morrowind in Skyrim. It's incredible what you can do on the PC.

Javo1096

Reaction score
When I created my account on Steam a couple of years ago I didn't thought I would get so many great free to play games, since I don't have money to buy games like the last Deus Ex (Which I would of course very much like to) it's really nice to have fun from games like Duelyst, Brawlhalla and Star Conflict.

m33kuh

Reaction score
I haven't tried SkyRim, but if you love MMORPGs I would recommend you try out Tera or Rift. They are open-world MMOs and very interesting and immersing. The graphics are very good so if you're computer has a decent dedicated video card, then you would definitely love those games. :)

Denis_P

Reaction score
"Is the experience of playing Skyrim on computer comparable to Xbox 360 or other consoles," she asks.

Sure, it is exactly like playing on consoles, only a thousand times better! Playing Skyrim on PC, not only can you get higher resolution textures but also a smooth 60 FPS. Load times are also far better on computers, especially if you have an SSD. Often times I don't even get a chance to start reading the facts on the loading screens. And don't even get me started on mods, you can turn that game into a completely different beast thanks to the modding community.

m33kuh

Reaction score
"Is the experience of playing Skyrim on computer comparable to Xbox 360 or other consoles," she asks.

Sure, it is exactly like playing on consoles, only a thousand times better! Playing Skyrim on PC, not only can you get higher resolution textures but also a smooth 60 FPS. Load times are also far better on computers, especially if you have an SSD. Often times I don't even get a chance to start reading the facts on the loading screens. And don't even get me started on mods, you can turn that game into a completely different beast thanks to the modding community.
Is it also true that Skyrim has a lot of mods? I mean you can have a mod put on the game and use it. If so, the game is vulerable to cheats and exploits don't you think?

fishmonk

Reaction score
Is it also true that Skyrim has a lot of mods? I mean you can have a mod put on the game and use it. If so, the game is vulerable to cheats and exploits don't you think?
I believe that the mods are used to give a different feel to the game. It's a way for the community to keep making the game more interesting and have better replay value.

Eggy216

Reaction score
I believe that the mods are used to give a different feel to the game. It's a way for the community to keep making the game more interesting and have better replay value.
It can also kind of create an entirely new game, almost. Depending on the types of mods you download you could have a completely different experience in playing it through with the mods than you had while playing the first time in the regular vanilla.

Philip Pines

Reaction score
Since getting my new computer, I have gone a little over board buying and downloading Steam games so much so that it's maxed out my internet. It's been fun trying some of these games out on computer as the experience is usually different than console.

I am still considering buying games such as Assassins Creed games, though I have this on console. Also, I want The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim. Is the experience of playing Skyrim on computer comparable to Xbox 360 or other consoles?
Hey There!
I think the most noticeable difference in playing Skyrim in a PC is the unlimited amount of Mods you can install in a PC. I've already finished Skyrim once, then I've started installing few mods. Just adding a few visual and gameplay mods makes it feel like a whole new game!! :D
There are also mods that will help you utilize your mouse and keyboard like the SKY UI mod.

I would 100% recommend playing Skyrim again in the PC just because of the Mods ^^

Deathisue

Reaction score

I never play skyrim like you say, because my pc is very weak, but is true what you say, i hope with the past of the years earn the money for finally make my dream come true,be a master race but still Skyrim in pc is the best and Fallout 4 too.

fishmonk

Reaction score
Hey There!
I think the most noticeable difference in playing Skyrim in a PC is the unlimited amount of Mods you can install in a PC. I've already finished Skyrim once, then I've started installing few mods. Just adding a few visual and gameplay mods makes it feel like a whole new game!! :D
There are also mods that will help you utilize your mouse and keyboard like the SKY UI mod.

I would 100% recommend playing Skyrim again in the PC just because of the Mods ^^
I definitely agree with you. Skyrim has great replay value thanks to the mods and textures. This game can literally consume your time like nothing with hours and hours of great game play.

OursIsTheFury

Reaction score
"Maxed out your internet"? Ouch. I hate it when internet providers pull that sort of crap. You're paying a ton monthly and they still give you a limit on how much you can download. It's a shame. I'd suggest just getting a new connection to a more flexible system. I had that before and I really wanted to download a lot of games, but I only had about 30 GB limit monthly. I switched to a better connection and I haven't looked back since.

chacalit

Reaction score
Has anyone heard of Without Within? I believe that was the name or close to it. I played this on Steam. It was a storyline type of game. I am not sure what the point of the game was but it was ok. There was a lot of reading. I also played Haunted Memories on Steam. I really liked the game but it is no longer available. It was a keyboard and mouse game. I wish I could find it because I played chapter one and they came out with a chapter two.