• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

Star Wars Battlefront 2 campaign is cannon!?

What did you think of the latest battlefront game? (comment why)

• 5 stars

• 4 stars

• 3 stars

• 2 stars

• 1 star

• Hated it!

Results are only viewable after voting.

thedadinomicon

Reaction score
I have never really followed much outside of the movies in the past except for a few EU books I can't even remember now so my question is this; dose the story being hinted at in the new game parallel anything from the old EU?

Also, since the campaign is going to be cannon do you think its events will have any future implications on the movies? Do you want it to or not?

I personally loved the first game but i did not get the season pass so once everyone moved on to that content it got boring for me, I am pre ordering the new one and i am so glad they have mentioned not using DLC for maps to prevent player exclusion. I am excited for this game and cannot wait!

Gray

Gray
Retired Staff
Reaction score
I can't wait to play the campaign, aswell as First Order Era, and CW Era multiplayer! I also am preordering the new game but probs not until end of July.

And I think it's already kinda tied in because it's possible that the multiplayer will tie in a bit with the First Order, but it also will be showing the Imperial remanement.... The game also already ties in a bit with the books.

thedadinomicon

Reaction score
I can't wait to play the campaign, aswell as First Order Era, and CW Era multiplayer! I also am preordering the new game but probs not until end of July.

And I think it's already kinda tied in because it's possible that the multiplayer will tie in a bit with the First Order, but it also will be showing the Imperial remanement.... The game also already ties in a bit with the books.

The excitement is real, I really like the fact that the campaign seems to kick off right after the death of palpatine and vader it's an interesting era and i cant wait to see how the story plays out.

Womack

Reaction score
The cannon story of what happened after the second death star was destroyed is very well defined already. There are 3 books, aftermath, Life Debt, and Empire's End that follow the rebellion as it evolves into the New republic, but it also details what happens to the Imperial Remnant.
I'm very excited for the game but I'm also a giant nerd when it comes to star wars so....

Jog

Community Supervisor
Reaction score
Well if it is going to be cannon, that would be very interesting as it will be put to the test by almost all the star wars fans. Every little detail will probably be scrutinized if it doesn't match some small article that was found to be true lol.

Can't wait for game however, really looking forward to Early Imperial/Late CW gameplay

Hux

Head Forum Admin
Reaction score
I thought the last Battlefront game wasn't that great. I mean it had huge hype surrounding it when it was released and don't get me wrong, it was a fun game, but you could only do so much. I'm pretty excited for the 2nd one though as I used to constantly play the older ones!

Jog

Community Supervisor
Reaction score
I thought the last Battlefront game wasn't that great. I mean it had huge hype surrounding it when it was released and don't get me wrong, it was a fun game, but you could only do so much. I'm pretty excited for the 2nd one though as I used to constantly play the older ones!

EA's one (last one that came out) was just too grindy and repetitive. Hoping this one will let you have more opportunity

Reactions: Hux

thedadinomicon

Reaction score
The cannon story of what happened after the second death star was destroyed is very well defined already. There are 3 books, aftermath, Life Debt, and Empire's End that follow the rebellion as it evolves into the New republic, but it also details what happens to the Imperial Remnant.
I'm very excited for the game but I'm also a giant nerd when it comes to star wars so....

Are these books still canon?
I'm not really big into reading outside of the movies but there will also be some kind of reading released related to the new game according to some youtubers I follow. I do know that a lot of the books got removed from canon when disney took over didn't they? Either way i feel the new game is going to be WAY better than the first and I really hope they take some notes from the original games!

Gray

Gray
Retired Staff
Reaction score
Are these books still canon?
I'm not really big into reading outside of the movies but there will also be some kind of reading released related to the new game according to some youtubers I follow. I do know that a lot of the books got removed from canon when disney took over didn't they? Either way i feel the new game is going to be WAY better than the first and I really hope they take some notes from the original games!
All of them are still Canon, these came out recently after Rouge One

Denis_P

Reaction score
I actually skipped the first Battlefront game (the one by EA, not by Pandemic) because this strange combination of disappointment and anger with the way things turned out left me unable to justify paying the full price for it. Though I still have my reservations after that incident, I can say I have higher hopes for Battlefront 2 as it seems that they've opened their ears to people and actually listened this time around.

Of course I'm still going to wait until I hear the initial reception first before purchasing, it's not that easy to regain my trust. As for the story being canon, I don't think I care all too much given that while I am a pretty big Star Wars fan, I mostly care about what goes on in the movies, and I don't think the game would impact the story of the film given that the films have a wider, more "valuable" audience than the games.

StolenKid

Reaction score
I don't really think the campaing will be cannon, but sure looks awesome.