• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

Suggestion Star Wars Arma 3 Server?

Would you want an ARMA 3 Star Wars server?

• Yes

Votes: 8 80.0%
  • No

Votes: 2 20.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Blasty

Premium Member
Premium
Reaction score
A new addon came out for ARMA 3 called Star Wars Opposition. It has vast customization options with over 10+ species, 80+ uniforms, and 40+ weapons. It also has 30+ vehicles. It has options form both the clone wars and galactic civil war era.

Currently it has a DMCA against it by a Troll Group called BHI. BHI has attempted to make a star wars mod but failed so they now go after other SW mods and file fake DMCA notices. Not to fear though, the creators have their own website where they will post and upload updates for their mod if it gets removed from the steam workshop.

Here is the mod on the workshop, http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=944356711

My idea is to create an ARMA 3 roleplay server which are hugely successful and popular but a Star Wars one has never been attempted. With this mod we are able to do that. Two maps are included which are Felucia and Scarif.

From what I've seen while playing around with this mod is that you can completely customize your character in the virtual arsenal and use all of those clothing option in the mod in stores on the server.

The only problems with this idea is that we cannot monetize it as that goes against Arma 3's user agreements.

Here is a video that shows SW: Opposition in Action.

Jog

Community Supervisor
Reaction score
Interesting idea.

The thing is Jordan and twos will no longer dev and code. If you want this to be a reality you have to talk to them and make it happen. They will host it for you, but all the coding, modpacks, staff administration will all be done by you.

Back to the idea though. It would be cool and could kinda be like a expanded universe type deal. Only issue though if made would to be to get people away from that "tactical military feel" to more roleplay like on Garry's Mod

Matt6868

Premium Member
Premium
Reaction score
+1 I would buy a new graphics card so I can play arma to play this

Disco Turtle

Reaction score
Sounds interesting. Sucks is requires the Apex DLC (For the maps, atleast)

I might have to play it oneday if i didn't suck at arma

Gray

Gray
Retired Staff
Reaction score
Would love to see this happen!! I would play it.. But I don't have Arma and I don't have a Windows computer (Which I hope to get my Custom built PC soon)

Jordan

Founder
Senior Admin
Reaction score
Would love to see this happen!! I would play it.. But I don't have Arma and I don't have a Windows computer (Which I hope to get my Custom built PC soon)
How do you not have a windows computer. Pfffttt.

Well, if enough people want this to happen, I'll make buy a server for you guys. And even pay for some people to have the game to help populate it.

Disco Turtle

Reaction score
How do you not have a windows computer. Pfffttt.

Well, if enough people want this to happen, I'll make buy a server for you guys. And even pay for some people to have the game to help populate it.
Jordan bribes people to play on his servers confirmed

Jordan

Founder
Senior Admin
Reaction score
whats the website? Looks like the mod was removed from steam.

Status
Not open for further replies.