• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

Speakers

Hidden308

Reaction score
I don't have speakers anymore. I used to have speakers but I ended up giving them away to someone else. :p

Hidden308

Reaction score
I don't remember that was about sometime last year. lol :p

jayjacinto

Reaction score
I use a basic 2.1 speakers. I dont spend much on speakers, because I prefer headsets.

dagscot

Reaction score
I used to have this really cool set of Klipsch speakers that had a sub-woofer that was the bomb. I live in a new place now and I think the neighbors would kill me if I used them. I still have them but I mostly use my headset now.

valy

Reaction score
Even if I don't use them very often, i have an audio subwoofer for my Pc. Is very good when i watch a movie or i listen music on my PC, because the sounds goes through my body and makes me feel the emotion, fear or the appetite for life.

Gladdy

Reaction score
I actually don't have any speakers. I only use headphones for the computer. I used to have this very nice and quality Logitech speakers set but one of the speakers - I think it was the left one - began malfunctioning. It randomly stopped working and made weird creepy static noises. I don't know if the wire went bad or something but I just threw them away and got headphones.

I don't really regret it because I prefer the sound to be right on my ears - really important in FPS games where you want to hunt down your enemies :p

CBL28

Reaction score
I have no need for speakers, earbuds are enough. Though sometimes when I want better sound, I use headphones. About 5 people live in my house, why would I want to disturb them with speakers? I listen better with earbuds, actually.

Makef0rt

Reaction score
I prefer wearing headset in general when it comes to gaming. I have 5.1 system from Logitech though. Nice for blasting music and watching movies. Its not bad for gaming either, but I prefer my headset.

kenoobie

Reaction score
I still am using my old 2.1 Altec Lansing sound system. Its over 6 years old and is older than my desktop but it still works great. I already worn out the control knobs but other than that, the speakers are still perfectly working. I do not know if the current speakers for altec lansing are as tough as this one but if I have to buy a new one then I would probably buy another of the same brand.

Makef0rt

Reaction score
I still am using my old 2.1 Altec Lansing sound system. Its over 6 years old and is older than my desktop but it still works great. I already worn out the control knobs but other than that, the speakers are still perfectly working. I do not know if the current speakers for altec lansing are as tough as this one but if I have to buy a new one then I would probably buy another of the same brand.

Ah, yeah, the control knobs on those baddies can be quite troublesome after few years. I have some really old speakers, they have at least 8 years, knobs are all messed up, but the thing still works lol

msyukionna

Reaction score
:tongueclosed:Not to make anyone jealous or anything like that, but I hook my PC or PS up to my Panasonic home surround sound system to play. :tongueclosed: I got them for free from my friend who worked at a hotel that upgraded the sound system in the rooms. She brought them home to find that her TV wasn't compatible with the system, so she gave them to me. We really enjoy it. I love it when I'm home alone when my partner is away at work and I get to enjoy my movies / games on surround sound. Oh! I'm all about 'dat bass, babeh~!

OursIsTheFury

Reaction score
:tongueclosed:Not to make anyone jealous or anything like that, but I hook my PC or PS up to my Panasonic home surround sound system to play. :tongueclosed: I got them for free from my friend who worked at a hotel that upgraded the sound system in the rooms. She brought them home to find that her TV wasn't compatible with the system, so she gave them to me. We really enjoy it. I love it when I'm home alone when my partner is away at work and I get to enjoy my movies / games on surround sound. Oh! I'm all about 'dat bass, babeh~!
That sounds awesome. Will it be a pain though if there are other people in the house? I can imagine people getting annoyed with the sound of a computer even with your ordinary speakers, but for a surround sound system for an entire room, or house even, would be annoying to both the people living there with you as well as the neighbors, who may not appreciate a very loud albeit great sound system.

msyukionna

Reaction score
That sounds awesome. Will it be a pain though if there are other people in the house? I can imagine people getting annoyed with the sound of a computer even with your ordinary speakers, but for a surround sound system for an entire room, or house even, would be annoying to both the people living there with you as well as the neighbors, who may not appreciate a very loud albeit great sound system.
Nope, just me and hubby in the house. House is located against a hill and facing the lake so good natural sound proofing. We'd have to be pretty loud with all doors / windows open to bother anyone. Haha, I don't put it up too loud anyway, I like sounds as background to the visuals. Just the surround sound is fun when you have directional sensitive games. It's fun to do a quest and be able to hear sound ques from your left or right etc.

Hubby not much of a gamer, so I let him blast his 1 Direction, he lets me blast my game music.That's what love is all about. I mainly get a few days a month with the house all to myself as he has irregular work days, and I have 3 days off a week. That being said, I only turn on sound on some games not others. Action games with BGM that will help with mood are the ones that I love to play on speaker - God of War, Assassins Creed; games that need focus is repetitive or have crap soundtracks I like to play on mute or soft.

I just don't like headphones because it feels like it cuts you off from everyone else in the room.

OursIsTheFury

Reaction score
Nope, just me and hubby in the house. House is located against a hill and facing the lake so good natural sound proofing. We'd have to be pretty loud with all doors / windows open to bother anyone. Haha, I don't put it up too loud anyway, I like sounds as background to the visuals. Just the surround sound is fun when you have directional sensitive games. It's fun to do a quest and be able to hear sound ques from your left or right etc.

Hubby not much of a gamer, so I let him blast his 1 Direction, he lets me blast my game music.That's what love is all about. I mainly get a few days a month with the house all to myself as he has irregular work days, and I have 3 days off a week. That being said, I only turn on sound on some games not others. Action games with BGM that will help with mood are the ones that I love to play on speaker - God of War, Assassins Creed; games that need focus is repetitive or have crap soundtracks I like to play on mute or soft.

I just don't like headphones because it feels like it cuts you off from everyone else in the room.
Sounds great. You seem like that gamer who got her wishlist done right. I'm currently in the process of doing that; right now I'm in the midst of upgrading the remaining parts of my PC, then after that, I'll try the accessories like sound system and a bigger monitor probably. Hopefully in a few years time I'll be in your position. Anyway, congrats and good luck!