• Game Rebels: The site that rewards you for posting
  • Join The Awesome ARK Server!

Island PVE (Official Rates x2) by Vurh.Club
    Join Now!
  • The Game Shop V2!

A Complete revamp! Hundreds of FREE games, now available!
    Shop Now!
  • Game Rebels Community

Welcome to this awesome gaming forum
    Register Now
  • Earn Points to Buy Games!

The more you post, the more you earn
    Learn More

Soundtracks

Discussion in 'Gaming Hardware & Software' started by 22_22, Aug 1, 2012.

1. PenguinManiac

PenguinManiac Member

I've always been a sucker for music, and that probably contributed to fuel my passion for videogames. I believe soundtrack to play a huge role in defining a game's style, just as much as art style.
    Music is capable of manipulating your feelings and mood without you even noticing it, and it can make or break any scene in a game. It contributes to immersion by involving as many senses as possible, and turns gaming into a full-fledged experience.
    Just look at Undertale. Its art style is dull at most, and the gameplay is fun, but it's not what you'll remember from it. The damn music is the first thing that will come to mind when you think about it. And that music is tied to memories, enhanced by the feelings inducted by every single track.

So... yeah. I think music is very important.

2. Gladdy

Gladdy Member

Music can make even a sucky game feel more amazing than it actually is. For me, music is so important... if a game doesn't have any good music, I doubt that I will remember it in few weeks time. One of my favorite games have really memorable soundtracks. The type of tracks that you can mumble and sing for years without forgetting them... that's how good soundtrack should be.

The game's music can make you feel so many things. If you have a touching scene and a fitting music, I will definitely end up crying. I think that matching the scene/environment of the game with the right music is crucial and it isn't as easy as it might seem. The music itself can elevate a game.

3. castills

castills Member

A game as simple as Microsoft's Pinball has a soundtrack that gets one pumped to bump the ball around the space. It was a favorite in the days of Windows XP-no internet required! I'm currently going down gamer lane trying to add as many as I remember to a Throwback playlist and to my Google Play library.

4. ballyhara

ballyhara New Member

Generally I prefer soundtrack over gaming sounds, but I've noticed it depends on how deep I'm into the gaming, if I really need to be focus and get over something that got me stuck, then I rather turn off everything, because it turns out distracting. But, if I'm more in the relaxing mode, sure I will go with the soundtrack all game long.

5. ZXD22

ZXD22 Member

Mad important man. It's how I fell in love with games like Need for Speed and Dirt. Without great music in the game for the players to interactive with, it will not create a supreme gaming experience.

6. augusta

augusta New Member

I play my games with the soundtrack on but not loud especially if I enjoy the background sound but if the sound is too masculine I turned it completely off.I prefer a mild soundtrack.

7. Referal

Referal Active Member

Soundtracks shape the game in what character mood is like for example if I was playing a Game GTA for example and they had a very strong rock and roll music it make understand and other players what the character is feeling so yes I feel soundtracks are important also if there wasn't any soundtrack think how boring games would be in general