• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

Shoutbox

The Fezz

EMT/Firefighter
Reaction score
Hello all,

If you haven't noticed, the shoutbox has been removed.

It was filled with hate and arguments. So, I and many others have had enough of it.

The shoutbox is one of may things new members see when they first go on the forums. If the shoutbox is filled with cancer (like it was), I believe that sends out a pretty bad vibe about the community.

Will the shoutbox return?
Don't know, not for a while at least.

Thanks for reading,
-Fezz

Dr. Grant

Forum Super Moderator
Reaction score
Hello all,

If you haven't noticed, the shoutbox has been removed.

It was filled with hate and arguments. So, I and many others have had enough of it.

The shoutbox is one of may things new members see when they first go on the forums. If the shoutbox is filled with cancer (like it was), I believe that sends out a pretty bad vibe about the community.

Will the shoutbox return?
Don't know, not for a while at least.

Thanks for reading,
-Fezz
KNEW IT I even said it had to have been the cancer coming from shoutbox.

Canadalism

Premium Member
Premium
Reaction score
Sad that it had to go due to all that cancerous shit going on in the shoutbox. But it could be re-implemented under new stricter rules that would possible prohibit arguing in the shoutbox and that they should take it to skype, steam etc. That way the box would be clean and not have any shit against the rules in it. +It could be monitored too to limit cancerous shit.

Dr. Grant

Forum Super Moderator
Reaction score
Okay the only thing is can we have a version of the shoutbox returned where it only shows what threads people post? Instead of being able to type it will ONLY show what threads people post and all like the shoutbox did just without the usually ability to type in it.

Mazu

HL2 Super Admin
Reaction score
Glad I dont have to see Zesty's pictures.

*Shudders*

ASC

Reaction score
Ahhh, the shoutbox was a place for people to have chats and communicate. Just because a couple of cancerous people came and made it a hell hole doesn't mean we should ruin it for everyone else.

But either way, I agree with the decision. (For now at least, I really think we should get it back sooner than later)

Osiris Lord Of Memes

Reaction score
I always thought that there should be a system added to the shoutbox where people could be banned from the shoutbox from a certain amount of time. Example: x constantly trolling and harrassing, forum staff y bans person x for z time.

Jordan

Founder
Senior Admin
Reaction score
Ahhh, the shoutbox was a place for people to have chats and communicate. Just because a couple of cancerous people came and made it a hell hole doesn't mean we should ruin it for everyone else.

But either way, I agree with the decision. (For now at least, I really think we should get it back sooner than later)
One of the problems was when we moved over to axiom, I had forgot to give staff the ability to actually moderate the chat box xD No one was able to delete posts, or ban people from the shout box.

RIP

I will give staff the forum permissions to do such actions next time the shoutbox is up.

Canadalism

Premium Member
Premium
Reaction score
One of the problems was when we moved over to axiom, I had forgot to give staff the ability to actually moderate the chat box xD No one was able to delete posts, or ban people from the shout box.

RIP

I will give staff the forum permissions to do such actions next time the shoutbox is up.

When shall that be @Jordan ?

Mazu

HL2 Super Admin
Reaction score
Jordan you silly pleb.

Inb4 Trisha rules the shoutbox

Osiris Lord Of Memes

Reaction score
I volunteer to monitor the shoutbox for dank memes. No but in all seriousness, gg jordan on forgeting monitoring.

McCain

Reaction score
I knew I was meant to complain to Jordan about something...

ASC

Reaction score

RIP

That's strange, I am almost certain that I could delete/edit/ban from the shoutbox. It could be my rank, or I could just be hallucinating... :p

Matt6868

Premium Member
Premium
Reaction score
That's strange, I am almost certain that I could delete/edit/ban from the shoutbox. It could be my rank, or I could just be hallucinating... :p
Yea everyone knows your crazy..