• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

Report: Nintendo Power Shutting Down

Scion

Reaction score
Untitled-4.jpg

Nintendo Power, one of the longest-running game magazines, is shutting down, according to reports. Ars Techinica first reported the details, saying Future Publishing is planning to stop publishing the magazine.
The report says Nintendo Power staff was informed of the closure last week and are currently being transitioned to other properties at Future. It's unclear at this time how many more issues of Nintendo Power will be published or what will happen to current subscribers.
A source speaking to Ars Technica said Nintendo was always "difficult to work with" and the company was uninterested in renewing its contract or "taking part in a number of digital initiatives that Future saw as necessary for the long-term health of the brand."The magazine first started in 1988.

Source

Zahreah

Reaction score
Never even knew there was a nintendo magazine anyway :D

Scion

Reaction score
i got one issue of it while ago just to see if it was any good. its not, and it obviously never was good enough if they're shutting it down

Elseb

Reaction score
I've bought a few issues, it's not very good to be honest. I wouldn't worry too much.

Toxique

MOTM
Reaction score
This won't really make a big impact in my life :p