• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

Suggestion Rep System

Status
Not open for further replies.

RivaCom

Reaction score
I know last time I looked there was no active rep system for Xenforo. But coding wise I don't think it'd be too hard to implement. But with trading Rebellions and game keys. It might be a smart move so people know who they are trading with. Otherwise maybe adopt the heatware system for feedback.

Sylar

General Manager
Reaction score
Well there was one, and then it got all messed up by brivium. So now it looks like there has to be some development done to get a new one. I wouldn't mind seeing one, and I definitely understand the purpose behind it, I just don't really feel like it's necessary

RivaCom

Reaction score
For trading keys and money? I would think it's almost a must. If I join the forum and want to trade a 100 rebellions for a game key, and to find out the key I traded for from user ABC was fake. I'm screwed. But if there was a rep/feedback system, I'd know to stay away from that user. Rebellions are a currency, and if it becomes inflated or corrupt, this site's idea would crumble.

Jordan

Founder
Senior Admin
Reaction score
XenForo does have a trading rep plugin/addon/mod.
https://xenforo.com/community/resources/xencentral-trading-system.448/
However, I'm not to sure how useful it may be around here.

The image below is of a user on one of my other forums. It is of no way a "rep system" in itself as the ratings come from all of their posts across the forums. However, you could turn it into a system for reputation on trading. Would require a bit of work and custom edits, but do able.
ezgif-3754566138 (1).gif

At this very point in our stage of development, is it a requirement though? At the moment if you where to send those 100 rebellions over to a user, and the code he did provide ended up being a fake, we can easily reverse the transaction. Even issue a warning or possibly a ban depending on the severity.

Knowing how trustworthy is from the beginning though, could prevent the entire thing from happening. So I will look into it :)

Sylar

General Manager
Reaction score
I would definitely say yes to a rep system if there was a solid one already made and developed. However, as you mentioned @Jordan there is not a reputation system that wouldn't at least require a good bit of custom development. And your point about discipline is a very good one. I would say that for right now, especially since rebellions have a USD value now, you should be very strict on trading and fraudulent trades. And people need to make sure they report their transaction if something goes wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.