• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

Suggestion Recurring, subscription-based donation package.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zesty Zebra

HL2 Community Manager
Reaction score
SO I've noticed, at least for HL2RP, all the benefits seem to just be one-off things that you never need to donate for again, which is nice for a few little surges but is hardly sustainable. Not sure what the other servers are like for that. That's why I'm proposing a global, subscription-based donation package where you pay a set amount a month, nothing major, just like £10 and receive benefits across all servers and the whole community. You could receive something like a forum group, a nice new name colour for the forums, access to a unique subforum and that's just forum stuff. You could receive currency benefits in each server that are given every month but stop when you cease the subscription.

idk if this is a thing already, but if it isn't, it should be

Panda™

HL2 Server Moderator
Reaction score
If its a monthly subscription, then I -SUPPORT.

If likes like every 3 or 4 months and depending on the price then ill +SUPPORT it because a lot of people who play this are teenage kids who may not have a job or a weekly allowance.

Zesty Zebra

HL2 Community Manager
Reaction score
I know, in't ten pounds like fibe-six U.S. dollars?

If the pound is worth more, that means the amount in dollars must be higher. £10 is $14.

If its a monthly subscription, then I -SUPPORT.

If likes like every 3 or 4 months and depending on the price then ill +SUPPORT it because a lot of people who play this are teenage kids who may not have a job or a weekly allowance.

I wouldn't be the one setting the price, $10 is just a ballpark figure and monthly would make more sense than every quarter or third.

Last edited by a moderator:

Panda™

HL2 Server Moderator
Reaction score
I wouldn't be the one setting the price, $10 is just a ballpark figure and monthly would make more sense than every quarter or third.
This sint a MMO tho. You shouldn't charged monthly.

Jordan

Founder
Senior Admin
Reaction score
I have already told Banana that he needs an option for recurring payments.
We are looking to implement Premium Users for the forums as well.
In fact, the premium forum section was already created even before Axiom was released ;)

This sint a MMO tho. You shouldn't charged monthly.
Then don't buy it xD
Just like you don't have to buy the current donation packages.

The games are still free to play. And it is not a pay to win either.

Jog

Community Supervisor
Reaction score
TBH on Clonewars you would get almost n othing.
Why would you get almost nothing?:
  • Getting ranks, battalions, jobs, specialties is NOT pay to win.
  • You could (in theory) get some weapons, which most battalions can have access to anyways
  • The point of CW is to be play to have fun

Idk. This could work for other servers, but CW I think benefits MUCH MORE from other options. Example for other option: Improve current packages to include new ideas and things that would improve physical appearance of character with a point shop perhaps.

Darksnuggles

CW Server Moderator
Reaction score
I think we could allow the use of PAC maybe for CW, if we made rules for it though which followed lines of RP and lack of minging.

For donations of course; )

swag

Reaction score
I remember before you could customize your guy with backpacks, binoculars, etc. with in game money. I thought that was pretty successful and was a good way of getting donations so idk why we got rid of it but we should get it back.

Zesty Zebra

HL2 Community Manager
Reaction score
You should be able to maybe change bodygroups if you get this package?

Disco Turtle

Reaction score
I think we could allow the use of PAC maybe for CW, if we made rules for it though which followed lines of RP and lack of minging.

For donations of course; )

It sounds good in context, but PAC is very, very powerful. It would easily be abused. Like Swag said, We HAD a pointshop where you could buy Backpacks, weapons on your back, ect. That with a donatable currency to buy said items, sounds more beneficial than allowing them the entire PAC.

Even if we did have rules and guidlines; we would still have to restrict almost everything in pac3, as it's easily abused :[

Darksnuggles

CW Server Moderator
Reaction score
It sounds good in context, but PAC is very, very powerful. It would easily be abused. Like Swag said, We HAD a pointshop where you could buy Backpacks, weapons on your back, ect. That with a donatable currency to buy said items, sounds more beneficial than allowing them the entire PAC.

Even if we did have rules and guidlines; we would still have to restrict almost everything in pac3, as it's easily abused :[
But then they'd get it revoked of course, and would have wasted money. Say it's like a 20 or 30 dollar package, if someone really wants to waste 30 dollars to get it revoked after abusing it, that's fine by me.

Zesty Zebra

HL2 Community Manager
Reaction score
Owners etc. could keep the right to revoke certain aspects of the package on a user basis if they abuse said aspects.

Blasty

Premium Member
Premium
Reaction score
I don't like micro transactions. Its too corrupt able of a a concept.

Status
Not open for further replies.