• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

Suggestion Recent posts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hux

Head Forum Admin
Reaction score
It's good to see when someone has replied to your thread and to see which ones have been replied to last, so was wondering if there would be a recent posts feature as well as the recent threads?

*edit
I know there is one, but I mean as a side box like the recent threads one or above/below the chat box and forums.

\\Vexel

Reaction score
I remember using one for recent threads and posts on a previous site above the chatbox so this is doable, im just not sure what the add on was called atm. Though I think this might make it faster getting to posts and what not and it helps with the most trending threads aswell.

Guardian

Reaction score
CyZTeMN.png

Tried this?

Hux

Head Forum Admin
Reaction score
I've seen those features but I mean something that's right in front of you on the main forums, so instead of having to go out the way and look for the recent posts users can have them displayed in front of them which would encourage them to view the posts :)

Martin

Reaction score
I've seen those features but I mean something that's right in front of you on the main forums, so instead of having to go out the way and look for the recent posts users can have them displayed in front of them which would encourage them to view the posts :)
I think the page works well for right now, however it is something that is coming as default in the next update of the forum software we are using so it will be an option for us to activate it should we feel it is worthwhile.

Jordan

Founder
Senior Admin
Reaction score
I think the page works well for right now, however it is something that is coming as default in the next update of the forum software we are using so it will be an option for us to activate it should we feel it is worthwhile.
Looks like you follow XenForo ;)

As martin mentioned it will be a default feature in the next XenForo update. If this is something we will be looking to implement or not, it will not be until this is released. I figure there is no point in searching for an additional addon when it will be replaced soon.

Due note though, when/if the forum gets to a point where there are new posts every other second, I'm not sure how useful this sidebar widget will be.

Status
Not open for further replies.