• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

Questionerino

Gray

Gray
Retired Staff
Reaction score
So currently I have two computers, one being a Windows desktop computer and another being a Mac Book, currently my desk top computers broken so I'm stuck using the Mac... Theres a way to make a Mac into a Windows computer instead of it using Mac software.. I'm tempted to switch to it so I can play windows game such as SWTOR again and possibly try getting into modelling.... I want to hear what you guys think.. Should I switch it? Or should I not?

Supreme Leader Snoke

Premium Member
Premium
Reaction score
In order to play swtor a Windows based game you would need a Windows computer and proccessor, which cost as much as the computer itself

Garreck

Reaction score
Yeah just boot camp your MacBook and then you can switch from mac to windows when you want

Womack

Reaction score
If your system has 8+ GB of RAM (you may be able to get away with 6 for small games) you can run a virtual machine on your system to emulate a Windows or Unix/Linux system. The you could install games and other programs. But be aware that you will need to save the files else where(like on a USB) because when you close the VMWare it will delete everything in the Virtual machine.

An easier option would be to just have a dual boot with a partition of windows. Just search for your Boot Camp software and load up windows on your drive(which you'll need to split into partitions). All in all it is fairly simple to do, it will probably take less than 30 minutes if you have windows boot media already.