• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

Powerlifting Meet #1

Jog

Community Supervisor
Reaction score
What up peeps!

So I've made a thread before on this topic and just talking about my experience and numbers in regards to this sport.... since that was a hobby for me back then and I'm now in University I've decided to take a crack at going for a intramural sport here on campus: Powerlifting. The sport is a solo activity where essentially you train for periods of times where every 2 weeks they will have a meet for certain weight classes. Currently I am like one of the only people in my weight class as majority of people on this campus seem to be runts weighing like 135 pounds... so it should be interesting to see who I'll be competing against. I am mainly doing this more my leisure only and to improve and build upon something I want to do in college.

Powerlifting isn't a NCAA Division II sport right now (our school was in NAIA collegiate conference but switched over to NCAA D2 yay!) so intramural is all they offer. Good part though is I get some merch to go along with it which technically means I'm repping the Nike and UnderArmor brands for the school.

Anyways I'm not sure what my total weight in Lbs/Kgs for the meet will be but as soon as I get into the deep grind I'll let yall know.

But as it stands current in gym 1 rep maxes stand:
~Deadlift: 405 Lbs
~Bench: 245 Lbs
~Squat: 315 Lbs

Mind you I don't have a belt or wraps so these are all raw lifts... in addition my deadlift preferred grip is the Hook grip meaning I loose a couple pounds on the weight to prevent slipping my hands off bar and failing the lift.

Anyways I'll keep yall updating every week or so

Gray

Gray
Retired Staff
Reaction score
So.... Basically Crossfit... But Unveristy wise :p

I attend something twice a week called Crossfit, the age group that I'm in is for guys and gals in Highscchool of course and usually we all lift toghther and run...

We do most the stuff you do as well as other things like pull ups, running two or more miles, rope climbing, and a bunch of other stuff. Main thing we really work on is the core..

But anyways, wish you luck with your trainings!

Reactions: Jog

Jog

Community Supervisor
Reaction score
So.... Basically Crossfit... But Unveristy wise :p

I attend something twice a week called Crossfit, the age group that I'm in is for guys and gals in Highscchool of course and usually we all lift toghther and run...

We do most the stuff you do as well as other things like pull ups, running two or more miles, rope climbing, and a bunch of other stuff. Main thing we really work on is the core..

But anyways, wish you luck with your trainings!

Ayyyy Crossfit is cool (sometimes gets bad rep from people). I find it tho to be of a calisthenics and high intensity based training (thru cardio) which isn't my cup of tea... I prefer a steady constant workout where my muscles are constantly being challenged to peak instead of being burnt out then resting while another group is in work (all up to preference ey?) Anyways thanks for comment Mr. Grayerino

Siberian

Reaction score
Keep it up man! You're doing pretty good so far!