• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

Pokemon - A dying series?

Demon_skeith

Reaction score
It's just that there are much bigger and better games coming out, not sure why anyone would want to play a game on the Nintendo DS lol. Guess it's just a classic.

I know the latest game crosses pokemon with a famous video game franchise. The popularity is bound to grow bigger.

NaiwenGS

Reaction score
It's just that there are much bigger and better games coming out, not sure why anyone would want to play a game on the Nintendo DS lol. Guess it's just a classic.

Indeed its a classical game everyone desires to play. And a must play too. For everyone and I insist.

K1ngN0thing

Reaction score
The series needs to simply evolve. The core mechanics have remained virtually unchanged for generations, as well as the cookie cutter plot. Look how long it took them to add animation to battle! Why don't we see the pokemon hopping around, physically moving their arms to slash? What about a full 3D battle environment? But they're afraid. Afraid to upset the fans that will buy the games regardless. I'm one of them, but even I'm starting to get bored.

At least we're getting Pokemon Conquest. It's about time the series saw a spinoff that's not for the sole purpose of making a quick buck.

Epicfied

Reaction score
I grew up with Pokemon. It was great. I loved it. I still do.
Today's Pokemon, however, is awful. I don't like the newest generations.
Yes, Pokemon is a dying series. It will stay alive though because of new generations of kids.

Indy

Reaction score
I personally don't think that they are. The new game appeals to quite a large crowd of people, however at the same aspect some of the people that played the older series are not real happy with it, but some are. So I think it depends how they there creation of new games and if it is appealing to everyone.

Hidden308

Reaction score
But as the older fans die out (not literally..or literally..), not too many new fans are coming in. That's how I see it anyways.

Casper001

Reaction score
I never really liked pokemon, but I don't think it's dying but becoming more well, Segregated from the standard gaming community

Hidden308

Reaction score
I played Pokemon when I was little. I still don't see it dying anytime soon the younger community of gamers still enjoy it and I know I still would if I was 10-15. :p

How2Earn

Reaction score
I loved the original stuff, and the first 151 pokemon, after that, I kind of just gave up with it all.

Hidden308

Reaction score
Perhaps if they made a PC game out of it that was 3D instead of 2D, they could get a lot more fans.