• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

Pokemon - A dying series?

Geoffrey

Reaction score
Do you think the Pokemon series is starting to die down? Do you think they are getting a bit desperate to catch the attention of their fans once more with how fast they made sequels to Black/White?

Hidden308

Reaction score
No way. With Pokemon White & Black 2 coming out in the near future, this series is no where near dying.

gktime

Reaction score
I really think that the sequels was more of a trying something new thing than trying to save the series, there will always be a generation of kids who love the games.

Hidden308

Reaction score
Yeah that's true, but I really think it will bring in some new players and keep them. Who knows?

gktime

Reaction score
Maybe, I have read quite a bit of articles on IGN from it and it seems like they think it will have Pokemon fusions.

sunnysingh

Reaction score
For me, it has. I think that they should've stopped the series already instead of making Ash stay the same age forever now... but seriously, it was a great game/show but I have no interest in keeping up with all the new Pokemon. And when I tried the newer games, it just didn't feel the same anymore. Pokemon will always be the classics to me like Red, Green, Yellow, Blue, Silver, Crystal, etc. and of course the first few series of the show like when Ash gets his Pikachu.

Hidden308

Reaction score
The new show, so I have heard, is NOTHING like the old stuff was. Just sickens me!

gktime

Reaction score
The old show was definitely the best, but the new show is pretty good comparing to shows from the late 2000's, I mean Team Rocket doesn't interrupt every single episode with 2 minutes of singing, that right there is a plus.

Geoffrey

Reaction score
Yeah, the new show sucks, I'll give you that.

But saying the games are bad because you aren't bothered to learn the new Pokemon isn't really a reason. They aren't THAT hard to learn and a lot of them are actually pretty good. I used Seismitoad for the first time in my last play through of White and it was fantastic, I wish I had used it sooner.

Hidden308

Reaction score
I never actually saw the new show, but I heard it is terrible lol.

MoonCookieChan

Reaction score
The new shows are just...urgh. The games seem to be really popular though, and I know so many people who use Pokemon games and are addicted.

haze

Reaction score
The show part of the franchise is definitely dying in my view, would have been better to have Ash 'grow up' through a few series and when he reaches 18, he is master of the Pokemon world or whatever but hey, I'm no TV exec but as for the games, I wouldn't say they are dying, not by a long shot. Many people still love Pokemon around the world or it wouldn't be getting this kind of attention in magazines, forums and websites and such and hey, the new games don't look too bad currently, I'd love to see more on it though!

Demon_skeith

Reaction score
In no way could this be even possible. Even if the original fans are sick of it, the new generation is falling in love with it and replacing us and keeping the money flow strong.

Hidden308

Reaction score
I think it has died a bit though Demon, in the way that not many new people are getting into it as there used to be.

NaiwenGS

Reaction score
Don't think it will ever bite the dust tbh, because too many fans of it. I still like it myself.

Hidden308

Reaction score
It will make sales, no doubt. I just don't think it will be as big as fans and press think it will.

Demon_skeith

Reaction score
It will make sales, no doubt. I just don't think it will be as big as fans and press think it will.

As far as I know, the anime is big, manga is big, card game is big, video games is big and there the same thing release after release. The series won't die and continues to be a cash cow.

NaiwenGS

Reaction score
As far as I know, the anime is big, manga is big, card game is big, video games is big and there the same thing release after release. The series won't die and continues to be a cash cow.

Yep indeed, people are still very keen on the series... as I am... I love Pokemon.

Hidden308

Reaction score
It's just that there are much bigger and better games coming out, not sure why anyone would want to play a game on the Nintendo DS lol. Guess it's just a classic.