• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

Playing Girl Character in Video Games...

Corona

Reaction score
This quote:

Bolt said:
Now, I'm going to tell you about Story Mode. You are a girl (stop complaining guys)

...makes me want to ask.

Do guys actually have a problem playing girls in video games?

My first thought to this was something my gamer guy friend told me. He said, he always picks the girl character (if there is an option to) because if he's going to spend hours and hours on a game he wants something nice to look at. :]

So ask as the guys of this forum.

Does it bother you to play a girl character on a video game?

Toxique

MOTM
Reaction score
When I was little sure, but now a days I don't really care what person I play as male or female it is not like the male character is better than the female so what is the difference between the 2 other than their appearance. And I could really care less about peoples appearance when I am playing a video game.

Motion

Reaction score
Agree with tox, it doesn't change any stats, or anything why would you?

and yeah, im not really into virtual girls....

Zahreah

Reaction score
It's simple.
If i play on Fallout: NV.
I Pick my character as female and download some body re textures.
i need some eye candy when im all alone and the gf is gone :p

As whether playing as a girl bothers me?
No.
although i've been told some games give more player advantages to males than females in which case i would play a female being it gives a better challenge .

Corona

Reaction score
Voi said:
Although I've been told some games give more player advantages to males than females in which case i would play a female being it gives a better challenge.

Is that true? Do you have an example where this occurs?

Zahreah

Reaction score
Corona said:
Voi said:
Although I've been told some games give more player advantages to males than females in which case i would play a female being it gives a better challenge.

Is that true? Do you have an example where this occurs?

As i said.
I've been told.
So there is a possibility that that's incorrect i was just making the point that of that was true. it wouldn't deter me from playing as a female character

Corona

Reaction score
Voi said:
As i said.
I've been told.
So there is a possibility that that's incorrect i was just making the point that of that was true. it wouldn't deter me from playing as a female character

I see... :p

Scion

Reaction score
I guess I usually go for the male character first but I would have no problem picking a female character, it doesn't really make a difference unless what Voi was saying is true

Nave

Reaction score
I just pick whatever character I feel like playing. If I feel like playing as a girl I pick them If I feel like playing as a boy I pick them.

Elseb

Reaction score
Well i always choose female characters in Mario games and Amy Rose is my favourite character in the Sonic Series so i guess i probably prefer female characters over male ones!

Guardian

Reaction score
I have only created a female character once. It was when I played WoW. Every other one was male. I actually played more with the female character than any other. :p Weird. After that though I still create all male characters. It just feels weird. idk why.

Demon_skeith

Reaction score
I don't, and I actually like to play them as they tend to be more mobile than males.

Kalaborative

Reaction score
Female characters are alright, not bad in some casess. For example when I play SSBB, Zero suit samus has a lot of advantages and so I like to play as her sometimes :) But don't get me wrong, Male characters are good !

Elseb

Reaction score
I have always found that female characters seem to be more interesting in storylines than the male characters.