• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

PC versus console Hardware comparison

Which do you prefer PC or console?

• Console

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Undecided

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Chris Holman

Reaction score
Thanks for taking the pole it will be interesting to see how many of you guys prefer gaming on a personal computer versus a console. For me I'm in the middle of this argument because I love upgrading computers as they could outperform consoles if done correctly. Yet sometimes configuring the software on the PC may actually not render the most amazing graphics.
Consoles on the other hand are standardized meaning that if one user has that specific model of console as well as the same resolution of a television, then the results would match up.
What are your takes on this subject? I can't wait to hear your replies thank you!

Pink_Turtle

Reaction score
I rather just play in my pc. It's less expensive than a console. Because I can actually use it for other things than playing. I can find online free games and with the console I will have to buy them or borrow them to play. The console also takes space and in a small room you really need to think in how to organize your stuffs... I won't say I don't enjoy playing in the console but as a person that has to buy her own games I just can't afford to keep up with technology...

Gray

Gray
Retired Staff
Reaction score
On PC you can do more stuff, such as coding, making animations, models for games like Garrys mod, play more games and do everything else you want to, of course if you customize your PC right.

Also most games on console require you to pay for online gaming (PS4, Xbox) where on PC, you don't have to pay for online.

cesarmatute

Reaction score
I'd rather play on a PC than a console. Normally, the latest graphic cards have better FPS than console's, plus, you can apply mods which make the game much funnier. For example, have you seen all the mods GTA5 has? You can have multi monitors too, where you can split the screen or play on one and browse (or do whatever you want) on the other.

fishmonk

Reaction score
I believe that there is more customization and ability to max out graphics on PC depending on your hardware. I can also play on one screen and check out guides on another screen for complex games. Having a console is fine and all but I feel that I can really do more stuff on PC.

PenguinManiac

Reaction score
I'll go with PC, but my reasoning is probably the opposite of what has been claimed so far. You can make the most out of a PC version thanks to the obvious hardware advantage, but the opposite stands equally true: if your machine isn't all that powerful, you can tweak settings or even download mods to play games that aren't supposed to run on it. That's a blessing for my laptop and everyone running low-spec rigs, since we're not forced to buy a better PC nor a proper console.

Decypher

Reaction score
Well, i prefer a gaming laptop or PC, over any console, because i see people who buy console, or buying consoles as a waste of money and resources, because you need to keep up with the latest console, but on the counter part, a gaming laptop has covered that for you, the only thing you might need to keep up with is updating your hardware, which is very unlikely with a sound gaming laptop.

WarVet

Reaction score
Well, i prefer a gaming laptop or PC, over any console, because i see people who buy console, or buying consoles as a waste of money and resources, because you need to keep up with the latest console, but on the counter part, a gaming laptop has covered that for you, the only thing you might need to keep up with is updating your hardware, which is very unlikely with a sound gaming laptop.
Yes also nobody forces you to upgrade your PC. You can get by just fine playing older games or playing online. With consoles, if you don't buy the next gen you'll run out of games to play very soon.

augusta

Reaction score
I don't waste money on.consoles because with my laptop I'm covered when it comes to games, all what I need is to upgrade myself and is it.