• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

Pay to win

Hidden308

Reaction score
Don't you just hate those pay to win mmos? I have played a few before and I hated being like the only one who didn't pay to win, and always had to do the stuff the hard way, and everyone else paid to reach the end of the game.

Sylar

General Manager
Reaction score
I'm not sure you're making sense. Are you talking about those mmo's that have an area that require you to subscribe to actually complete the area?

Hidden308

Reaction score
I'm not sure you're making sense. Are you talking about those mmo's that have an area that require you to subscribe to actually complete the area?

No, Pay to win mmos are where they have a cash shop, etc. Where you spend your money (real money) to get like level up boosts, items, etc.

agentmanningctu

Reaction score
I've never been a part of any MMOs that have paid shops like that. I have seen other games that have paid shops, but they're usually just cosmetics and such.

Hidden308

Reaction score
I've never been a part of any MMOs that have paid shops like that. I have seen other games that have paid shops, but they're usually just cosmetics and such.

I have been on a few MMOs that have them.. Most of the completely suck. :p

Sylar

General Manager
Reaction score
No, Pay to win mmos are where they have a cash shop, etc. Where you spend your money (real money) to get like level up boosts, items, etc.
Ah, I know what you're on about now. I used to play an MMO called Maplestory where they have the "Cash Shop" or something like that. You buy a whole bunch of stuff there and it makes the game a WHOLE lot easier xD

Hiocoie

Reaction score
I'm bumping this thread, blah blah, I know. :p I've played many MMOs and shooters where the shops are ridiculous because you can become overpowered for rather little money, actually. It's ridiculous how microtransactions can make one player so much better than another in some games. -.-

Zawazuki

Reaction score
I love games like this. If they have a pay to win shop, that means that they're free to play. So you can play for free and drag through the game, or 'buy' the game. :p