• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

Pandaria Awaits - Blizzard Gives Free MoP to Everyone

Jordan

Founder
Senior Admin
Reaction score
So now that their new expansion is just around the corner, today of the official pre-launch update, they announced that World of Warcraft will now include every expansion up to and including MoP. They also stated that anyone with a World of Warcraft account has also been upgraded to MoP if they have not done so previously at no extra cost.

Interesting part on their end.
Here is the official announcement:
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/16...aft-now-includes-mists-of-pandaria-10-14-2014

I think it was a good move on their end. With their massive player base that dropped to 50% of what their numbers use to be, I think it is a good idea to allow older players to return to the game without further having to spend additional money to play which might have held them back in the first place.

Smart move on their end. What are your thoughts and opinions?

Saffy

Reaction score
what??That's a good move on thier end, yes, it will get more people to play I think but I don't think it's fair to everyone who has paid so much money into the expansions, granted my MOP is special edition so I would have had to pay for it anyways.. but at the same time, yeah, it gives more people an opportunity including for those who couldn't afford mop and stuff so it was smart because maybe it'll get more people playing..

Aree Wongwanlee

Reaction score
Just checked. I already have my game all up-to-date, include Mists of Pandaria. Funny that I can't remember paying for it. That shows how long I have been off-line, as far as the game is concerned.

Now, I think this is a smart marketing strategy on the part of Blizzard. It also gives me the idea that they might have something new up their sleeves. Sort of like sell as many copies as possible before releasing the next upgrade. Any idea what might be coming after Mists of Pandaria?

Aree Wongwanlee

Reaction score
Just checked. I already have my game all up-to-date, include Mists of Pandaria. Funny that I can't remember paying for it. That shows how long I have been off-line, as far as the game is concerned.

Now, I think this is a smart marketing strategy on the part of Blizzard. It also gives me the idea that they might have something new up their sleeves. Sort of like sell as many copies as possible before releasing the next upgrade. Any idea what might be coming after Mists of Pandaria?

Zyni

Reaction score
I found that annoying considering how much I paid for all of those.

Yep, but the Battlechest already made all the previous expansions cheaper anyway. Plus, they have sales.

They also gave everyone a free copy of Warlords of Draenor, and the price was raised when that one came out. People had paid the highest price yet (and for half an expac, I might add).

I wonder if this will continue to be the model going forward.

JaiGuru

Reaction score
I thought this was a great move and I'm hoping to see them take it even a step further. It would be great to see every expansion is free to play up to the current one. I think a lot of people are intimidated by the sheer glut of content that is now in the game to the point they're not willing to spend the money. If it were free to play the old content more people would join in and I'm fairly certain it would lead to higher subscription counts. After all, it is a social game. All of the true end-game content requires group play and who doesn't want to be a part of that? No one is going to get to end game if they don't enjoy the game so I think the sheer size of the game would act as a firewall to keep out people who are too lazy to contribute meaningfully by the time they're ready to subscribe to the most recent expac.