• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

Own/Owned An Android Phone?

airfightermax

Reaction score
I owned three Android devices:

an HTC Explorer device (Android 2.3);
a Huawei G610 device (Android 4.2) and;
a Xiaomi Mi4i device (Android 7.1)

All these in the span if 6 years. I still have all of these devices but the HTC is broken now. The Huawei one is still alive and is now my dedicated music player.

Clara1993

Reaction score
Hi Luispa I rembember Nokia Very well And I'm glad you still use it because It looks like I'm not the only one still using Android mobile phone Dispite the fact that This post is few years old :)
I'm one of people who used Quite lots of Andoid phones As well, And my current phone is SAMSUNG NOTE 6 ;-)

kgord

Reaction score
Yes, I have only had android phones. I currently have an LG. I like Android and am familiar with the operating system. I think iPhones are over priced, and really don't have the interest in having one.

CBL28

Reaction score
I've never owned an Android phone. There are some unique games on the Play Store though, so I installed Bluestacks to be able to play those games. That's the closest I've ever gotten to Android.

Laibrown

Reaction score
I am in same boat. I have not much gained experience with the Windows games. In fact considering the Windows platform as dead, not many game developers would be working on it. I see no gain on that platform as a user. I am sure many business and the developers don;t find much reason for the same either.
Yes right I think is just penny wise for the game developers not to pin their tent with Windows mobile phones. Actually ios and Android are the platforms with the most applications not only games.

DenisHero

Reaction score
I owned an Acer Liquid phone-this was my first Android smartphone.
Right now I am using an Allview A5 Lite.Cheap phone,but I'm not a phone addict.For my gaming needs,I have my laptop and PC.
However,I am going to save money for a Samsung or Asus device.

vinaya

Reaction score
I never have had an iPhone or windows phone. I have always owned Android phones. For Android phones, Samsung is my favorite brand. In fact I never owned another brands. I have always used Samsung phones. Even when smartphones had not arrived in the market, I was using samsung hand set. When samsung smartphones arrived, I got one for myself. Currently, I am using One On 7. It is a moderately priced phone. After I broke my A5, I bought One on 7.

Frank

Reaction score
Yes, I have only had android phones. I currently have an LG. I like Android and am familiar with the operating system. I think iPhones are over priced, and really don't have the interest in having one.

Me too. Which one do you have? Mine's a G2 from 2013, but I'm still more than happy with it.

thart

Reaction score
Now i own Infinix Hot 3, but before i owned a Samsung galaxy ace

sima061

Reaction score
I had Samsung S Plus (or something similar)x2, Samsung S 3 and 4, and now Samsung J7. I really like Android phones, maybe because I'm used to them, I don't know. But I just keep choosing them again and again even when I have the chance to buy something different and more expensive. I guess because my first smartphone was an android so I just went with it every next time.

lindbergh

Reaction score
I've had quite a few Android Smartphones in the past. Let me list them for you:

Samsung Galaxy Y - this is the very first Android smartphone that I ever had. It had a pretty small screen and was a bit unresponsive to the touch but I used it for hours on end because it was my very first touch screen mobile device. I was really awed by the games. It was very fresh back then. Even if the device wasn't powerful and had pretty little storage, I still enjoyed playing on it.

Samsung Note II - When I was able to get a little bit of money, the very first thing that I bought was the Note II. It was my dream phone. It had 5.5 inch screen (which was very large at the time, but is now the norm), an 8MP rear camera and a decent front camera, and a powerful processor that could play games with console-quality graphics. (Unfortunately, I bricked the phone after a year and a half of use due to my idiocy).

Alcatel Pop D5 - I didn't have the capability to dish out cash on another high end Android device so I settled with Alcatel. it was a decent phone, nothing to write home about. I was able to call and send text messages and login to my different social media accounts.

Vivo V5s (my present phone) - I love this phone as much as I loved the Note II. It is pretty powerful and can play graphics-intesive games since it has an octa-core processor and 4GB of RAM. I also love its 20MP front camera and the 13MP rear camera. It also has a slew of other features that a lot of phones lack like a built in screen recorder, long screen shot, air controls, slow motion video recorder, and many many more.

There ya have it people.
I've had quite a few Android Smartphones in the past. Let me list them for you:

Samsung Galaxy Y - this is the very first Android smartphone that I ever had. It had a pretty small screen and was a bit unresponsive to the touch but I used it for hours on end because it was my very first touch screen mobile device. I was really awed by the games. It was very fresh back then. Even if the device wasn't powerful and had pretty little storage, I still enjoyed playing on it.

Samsung Note II - When I was able to get a little bit of money, the very first thing that I bought was the Note II. It was my dream phone. It had 5.5 inch screen (which was very large at the time, but is now the norm), an 8MP rear camera and a decent front camera, and a powerful processor that could play games with console-quality graphics. (Unfortunately, I bricked the phone after a year and a half of use due to my idiocy).

Alcatel Pop D5 - I didn't have the capability to dish out cash on another high end Android device so I settled with Alcatel. it was a decent phone, nothing to write home about. I was able to call and send text messages and login to my different social media accounts.

Vivo V5s (my present phone) - I love this phone as much as I loved the Note II. It is pretty powerful and can play graphics-intesive games since it has an octa-core processor and 4GB of RAM. I also love its 20MP front camera and the 13MP rear camera. It also has a slew of other features that a lot of phones lack like a built in screen recorder, long screen shot, air controls, slow motion video recorder, and many many more.

There ya have it people.

overcast

Reaction score
I owned three Android devices:

an HTC Explorer device (Android 2.3);
a Huawei G610 device (Android 4.2) and;
a Xiaomi Mi4i device (Android 7.1)

All these in the span if 6 years. I still have all of these devices but the HTC is broken now. The Huawei one is still alive and is now my dedicated music player.
Wow that's expensive set of devices. I mean the Xiaomi mi4 is an expensive phone. Not something I can afford to get on my own. But yeah I see the point that it is a good phone. And worth having such high powered phones for gaming. I have Redmi 1S and it is a good phone but not that much for the gaming.

airfightermax

Reaction score
Wow that's expensive set of devices. I mean the Xiaomi mi4 is an expensive phone. Not something I can afford to get on my own. But yeah I see the point that it is a good phone. And worth having such high powered phones for gaming. I have Redmi 1S and it is a good phone but not that much for the gaming.

The Mi4 is quite pricey, yes but, it does its job well so I don't have any problem with that. Also, all my devices are bundled from postpaid network plans so I didn't pay upfront to any of these devices. I already use my phone to make calls regularly and browse the internet using the data connection so the phones come in as "free".

damizille

Reaction score
Thinking about android devices i have owned...

1. Samsung galaxy S4
2. Asus Zenfone 2
3. Samsung Galaxy S7 currently

I am totally in love with Samsung mobile phones though, pretty good smartphones

appleandcinnamon

Reaction score
I prefer the Android OS as opposed to the Apple OS. I used to have an IPhone -- the ITunes system made it impossible for me to transfer music into my phone without failing some copyright check. I wasn't going to spend a fortune on buying identical tracks from ITunes.

jitendra0341

Reaction score
I have Xiomi note 4 and Leeco 1s phones with me . Both are excellent in features. They give good experience n gaming.

Tania997

Reaction score
Owned a Samsung Galaxy S3. It looked nice and felt smooth at the beginning, but I hated it just like everyone else when it started lagging like crazy. The lag was so bad, I had to put root access, a custom recovery and another ROM only to live with it. Battery life also got terrible on the custom rom, and when I finally sold it, I felt so good. After that, I bought a galaxy S5 which is my current phone and it's still going strong since 2014. I don't feel the need to change it, it has everything I need. The front camera is bad but everything else is great. The back camera is amazing and performance is smooth, except for a few lags. Battery life is also great, I only charge it overnight.

Yoshi

Reaction score
Any of you own or used to own an android phone?

I've had quite a few ;D

-HTC Desire HD
-Samsung Galaxy Ace
-HTC One X
-HTC One X+
-Galaxy S3
-Galaxy S4
-HTC One
-Some old Samsung shit a while back ;D
I had used android after Nokia stopped producing Symbian.

overcast

Reaction score
The Mi4 is quite pricey, yes but, it does its job well so I don't have any problem with that. Also, all my devices are bundled from postpaid network plans so I didn't pay upfront to any of these devices. I already use my phone to make calls regularly and browse the internet using the data connection so the phones come in as "free".
I see so that means you have the telecom lockin on those devices. Still not bad offer if you ask me. I have had those plans but I choose not to get into that. The reason being I have found out that Android phones were there at low cost and there was no lockin. I like xiaomi phones though, I may get Redmi Note 5 if It comes sooner enough.

tinrmz15

Reaction score
I have a Samsung Note 5 and J7 Prime mobile phone. They really look sick and sexy to me especially that they are colored black :relaxed:. They have great resolution, great camera, great build and design, and great support for high resolution and 3d games. I also have a Samsung Tab A 9.7". Although I also own a iPhone 6s plus but it is because I didn't like Samsung units before and that IOS are more simple and for comfort. But i think i will most likely avail Samsung in the near future.