• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

Old School Gaming

Epicfied

Reaction score
Nothing's better than occasionally breaking out the old systems, blowing the dust off of them, and playing them for a few hours or possibly a day. Most of us are all out for the newest PC games, Xbox 360, and whatever other new platforms are your current favorite. What about those old gaming systems you grew up with? Do any of you still break out the NES? How about the Atari?

So the question is, do any of you still enjoy 'old-school' gaming?
This includes the NES, SNES, N64, GameCube, Atari, etc.

Demon_skeith

Reaction score
I will always enjoy the days of NES, SNES, N64 and PS1. So many great games, so many great memories. God I miss those days >_<

Epicfied

Reaction score
I usually don't consider PS1 retro, but I do suppose it is 'old-school'. Anyway, do you still play any of them? What were your favorite game?

If you don't play them anymore, but still own them... Do something for me, and most of all yourself, and bring out the old system and play your favorite game for it. I can guarantee you will thoroughly enjoy yourself.

NaiwenGS

Reaction score
I concur with that, I love retro consoles... they got memorable and timeless games.

iamauser

Reaction score
I love playing retro games every now and again. The only disappointing thing is when you hype them up in your head, and then your find out they arent so good :(

Epicfied

Reaction score
I love playing retro games every now and again. The only disappointing thing is when you hype them up in your head, and then your find out they arent so good :(

In reality, they are that good. I love my retro consoles and their games even with lower quality. I enjoy the game and it always brings back memories. I don't find that they are any worse than today's consoles. Graphics are "worse" but it's part of the experience and your memories. Nothing beats that.

YuckFou

SuperAdmin
Reaction score
I played the first FIFA on sega megadrive a few weeks ago. Used to play it all the
time when I was a kid but forgot how easy it is compared to FIFA nowadays.

Eva999

Reaction score
Sadly I don't own an SNES anymore, but I still play all my old favorites on an emulator from time to time.

razelia

Reaction score
I guess the PS1 games count as retro now, right? I've been playing with my PS1 the past few days in a little nostalgia trip. I've been replaying Suikoden 2, haha.

Epicfied

Reaction score
Sadly I don't own an SNES anymore, but I still play all my old favorites on an emulator from time to time.

I don't generally play on emulators. They take the feel of the game away, in my opinion.

I guess the PS1 games count as retro now, right? I've been playing with my PS1 the past few days in a little nostalgia trip. I've been replaying Suikoden 2, haha.

I don't really count PS1 as retro quite yet. It's considered old, though.

sdsmith

Reaction score
If Gamecube counts as old school, does that mean the Dreamcast is acknowledged for it's classic titles? I still get a kick out of Crazy Taxi, PSO and Fire Pro Wrestling D among other titles.