• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

Now that CoD: AW is out, what are your impressions of it?

Squigly

Reaction score
Haven't got the game yet, but I've heard that many players are unhappy with the lack of dedicated servers for multiplayer. Despite this it seems that gameplay-wise it has surpassed most of the past iterations of CoD.

Any thoughts?

BluBird

Reaction score
Personally for me the CoD franchise has been very meh since MW2. MW2 had a lot of cool concepts but became very flawed because explosives and the scavenger perk ruined multiplayer (among plenty of other problems). BO tried to fix those issues but I found the experience boring other than the zombies mode... Ghosts was a joke and was basically another attempt at building hype with no actual attempt to make the game more interesting or give decent character development.

AW is refreshing to say the least because it's story is actually decent and the best in years (treyarchs stories were all fine but nothing to amazing after BO1). I love the additions to multiplayer though I will say it's still the same formula but the wall jumping and play forming do bring something different to the table which this game has been begging for. It's better than the whole franchise has been in years that's for sure.

JayWifi

Reaction score
Advanced Warfare has given the Call of Duty series a breath of fresh air with its new mechanics and game modes in my opinion. Compared to previous titles, the exoskeleton gives the game an entire new feel with that sense that not only do you have to look back and forth, but up and down as well. While the multiplayer can get hectic at times with people flying everywhere, I like how they still kept the classic game modes for people who do not wish to convert to the new play mechanics. Overall I think that Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare is a big success.

Atlas_Hope

Reaction score
I think the last few games in the series were pretty bad, like they knew they were going to make millions off of it so put in the least amount of effort possible. Advanced Warfare actually is fun to play because it feels like they knew they had to put the effort into it or else the franchise would lose even more followers and it shows. I think it's pretty fun and the best COD's been in a while.

Squigly

Reaction score
Advanced Warfare has given the Call of Duty series a breath of fresh air with its new mechanics and game modes in my opinion. Compared to previous titles, the exoskeleton gives the game an entire new feel with that sense that not only do you have to look back and forth, but up and down as well. While the multiplayer can get hectic at times with people flying everywhere, I like how they still kept the classic game modes for people who do not wish to convert to the new play mechanics. Overall I think that Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare is a big success.

Sadly there's hardly any people queuing on the classic mode servers. Personally I really disliked the jumping exoskeletons, it makes it much harder to aim when everyone's flying around like mosquitoes.

SharpShooter

Reaction score
Wow, the commercials alone made me not want to buy it, but this forum really helped my decision. It looks like they designed it more for novelty purposes than actual meaningful game play.

RUTHLESS

Reaction score
I liked it ok. It isn't going to beat out Black Ops 2 in my opinion. I'm not sure what it was about AW but I didn't make it 2 hours without yawning. That just doesn't work for me.

Martin

Reaction score
I think it is decent, the one thing that puts me off is just how fast the movements are. They are just too fast. If they were toned down a bit I think I would really like the game.

Michael

Reaction score
I felt that Treyarch really did outdo themselves, I felt that it was futuristic and next gen. There are so many ways to troll in that game and the suit that looks like it was from Titanfall?

I felt that the trailer was quite badass.

tinkerlove

Reaction score
If you ask me the story mode is a bit too short; I finished it in one day...