• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

No Xbox 720 at E3

Hidden308

Reaction score
From http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/122/1220897p1.html

After
numerous leaks and suspicions
about its alleged new console, Microsoft has issued an official statement regarding the future of Xbox. "For us, 2012 is all about Xbox 360-and it's the best year ever for Xbox 360," the company said in a statement. The Xbox 360's mega-success means we absolutely, positively will not see or hear about the Xbox 360 successor at E3.

"While we appreciate all the interest in our long-range plans for the future, we can confirm that there will be no talk of new Xbox hardware at E3 or anytime soon," Microsoft told IGN.

Well, that's that.

The public is becoming increasingly aware of the supposed
Durango console
, but the specifics are nothing more than rumors. Are you excited for another full year of Xbox 360, or were you ready to move forward to the next generation?

Really this doesn't surprise me. This new "Durango console" probably won't be out for a few years as I see it. What do you think?

Guinine

Reaction score
This is disappointing. I was hoping for it to be there actually!!

Hidden308

Reaction score
Yeah same here. I wouldn't be surprised if no more info about it is released until then.

Hidden308

Reaction score
Or 2014. You never know what could happen with delays.

haze

Reaction score
Hmm, I was actually hoping for some kind of sneak peak, anything at the E3 but ultimately not it seems. I do believe it will be late 2013-2014 when they bring out the next XBOX though due to the fact they bought out that new 'upgraded' XBOX console recently but hey, you never know do you?