• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

New Colors For The PlayStation 4 Controller

Sino989

Reaction score
This is a pretty cool looking controller but I can't see myself spending 60 dollars for something I already own just in a different color. I'm typing this in 2017 so maybe by now the price has dropped but I still can't see myself spending more than 30 dollars on a controller.

OursIsTheFury

Reaction score
I think people are bored of old style and color controllers and they want a change. It would help us to enjoy the game more. I like the blue color and I was expecting for such controllers to come in market.
But it's just the controller though. I think the lesser they stand out, the better, since you are playing with the games and you should focus more on it, and not on the controller. The device should be invisible to say the least, hence I like the black color. It's nothingness, and adding decorations on it and themes would make you more focused on it rather than the game in my opinion.

WarVet

Reaction score
While I think offering different colors for the controllers is awesome this looks more like a marketing play to me. I love customizations but wouldn't spend that amount of money just to have my control a different color. Why not offer them as a standard issue? meh. It seems everything is about the money nowadays.

Ash

Reaction score
This post is a bit old so I'm going to post some pictures of the latest colours and controllers that have been added as options:

ps4-accessories-ds4-two-column-02-ps4-eu-20dec16

I really do want the gold one because it looks so nice and it doesn't look like a cheap gold like some other electronics. I would love to get one of these new controllers but the problem is the price. Do I really want to pay around $50 for another controller. I would really like to get one of the new colours but it is really off putting. I wonder how much profit they make on each of these controllers because it can't be much more than $5 to make each one.