• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

My Security Guides

Michael

Reaction score
This is a guide on how to protect yourself from being hacked.

Perform required software updates for your operating system and web browser.

Hackers find weaknesses into your operating systems. If there is any required software that is needed.. Install it! It might save your computer someday.

Install a firewall on your computer.

Firewalls protect your computer prevents hackers and viruses from hacking your computer via internet. It is HIGHLY recommended that you have some sort of firewall on your computer.

Make sure you have a strong password

You should always have a password that has a combination of capital letters and numbers. Make sure it is something that nobody will ever know.

Purchase Anti Virus software

We all know that we should do this. But I highly recommend Avast. Always saves my computer from harmful malware.

Delete suspicious emails

Never click on a link that looks suspicious.

Two-factor authentication

Services like Facebook, Twitter and Google's Gmail offer a feature known as two-factor authentication, which works with your smartphone to add an extra layer of security when you're logging in.

Use Security Questions

Nowadays, services such as email websites like Gmail. Want you to use security questions, it isn't bad or anything but I like having my private stuff completely on lock down.

Password protect your phone

This should be the first thing you do with a smartphone, tablet, or computer. Your computing devices are just giant bags of personal information. If any of them get stolen, why make it easier for the culprits to steal your identity? Plus, you’re not just saving yourself grief, but all of your contacts. Gathering email addresses is the first step in hacking into a person’s accounts.

Back your stuff up!

In case you lose any data, you always want a back up. Like Minecraft servers. :D

What is Phishing?:
According to Urban Dictionary this is the definition for Phishing, tricking an internet user into giving you his/her login name and password.

How do you get tricked into this?:
You can get tricked into multiple ways, such as "Congratulations you won!" pop up, a program to get you unbanned on a Minecraft server, a free Optifine cape, a force op program and etc. If you are new to the internet you may have fallen for these tricks before.

Help! I have been tricked by one of these!:
Okay, if you have entered your personal infomation to a dodgy website, CHANGE YOUR PASSWORD! This will prevent the people who are trying to access your account. It is always safe to add a 2 factor to your account.

How do I prevent myself from this?:
As technology as been getting more advanced sometimes they are hard to avoid but here are a few ways to not get tricked.

• Avoid the Congratulations you won! pop ups.
  • Avoid downloading any programs that you are unsure of.
  • NEVER go on any websites that you are unsure of
This has been Michael writing another thread, and always... stay amazing see ya guys.